• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu Interviews Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 3, HD 2.8 FCP, Unchained X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
You know what I'm starting to think that the dandelions thing wasn't to give like an explanation on the children that rebuilt the world, but rather an excuse as to why Unchained will continue past chi. And given he hints we might see Ephemera and Skuld in KH3 who we know both became dandelions here is my guess.

Season 1: The story of the Foretellers that lead to the keyblade war and how Ephemera, Skuld, and the player ultimately become dandelions. (yes I think in the end the player will join the dandelions but they didn't right now because there are still things Nomura wants us to see in Chi's story)

Season 2: What went on with the dandelions leading up to them returning to the world in KH3.

I feel like you're right, and I've kind of been thinking something similar for a long time, and as much as I want Ephemera and Skuld in KHIII... I kind of wish that wouldn't be a thing now.

Mainly because I want them to be the first Keyblade wielders in the new world, dang it. To maybe even get married, have kids (because the world has to be populated again), give those kids Keyblades and then teach them how to wield, etc. If that happened with Ephemera and Skuld, it would be the perfect way to hint at or show how the KH world became the place it is today, and would be a better end to their story, I think.

But if Ephemera and Skuld are in hibernation somewhere, ever since the Keyblade War, then they haven't helped to rebuild the world at all!

Granted, I know Nomura could just use other dandelions to be the ones that were actually out about in the world and got things going again, but it just wouldn't be as impactful or meaningful as it would be if it was Ephemera and Skuld in that position. I prefer that over them just being dropped into a random game--despite all the obstacles that should keep that from happening--just for the sake of a cameo.

I know that's what KH does all the time--and that they're trying to make this some big, epic clash with everyone from all walks of life involved in it--but I think it would cost Ephemera and Skuld's (and the entire Chi story that's really been on point the entirety of the game thus far) too much to do so.

And it's funny, because until now I WANTED those two in III, but I never really stopped to consider what that would mean. Now that I have, I don't know if I like the idea.

But I guess if we split the four up (Ava--who would have to survive, after all, for this scenario to work and that doesn't look that will be the case?--Player, Ephemera, and Skuld), and have two of them be some of the ones who rebuilt the world and the other two be in III, maybe that could work. That would probably be the closest thing to a win-win, I guess.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
wouldn't be cool if there actualy feacture that if you put your player id number from unchained x that your actually player avatar shows up in kh3

Last edited:

Hirokey123

Awards
Ava said she wouldn't be coming with the dandelions, my thought is the foretellers start and end in season 1 of chi. With the Master of Masters going on to play a role in the future.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Thanks so much for translating this wall o' text, Goldpanner!

I like that Fragmentary Passage will be a mishmash of worlds, and of course I'm curious to which one we'll see after entering the castle. (I hope Destiny Islands is one of them.)

"—So we aren't going to just explore Cinderella's castle, then. At the end of the demo, Terra appeared. Was that some sort of illusion?Nomura: I wonder (laughs). When it comes to that sort of thing, I'd like you to play the full game."

Well I mean...didn't the demo at E3 basically show he was an illusion?

"There's a collecting element, or perhaps I should say a customising element separate from the progression of the game."

Customizing? Like what, making her wear a Pooh costume? XD

Nomura speaking of the KHIII being "overwhelmingly big" gives me hope that they'll be giving some much needed focus to characters not named Sora and hopefully unsnarl and properly tie the plot threads.

I'm not sure how I feel about KHIII's intro being short. I understand getting straight to it but *looking at DDD's intro* yeah they have to be careful. DDD's intro was kinda awkward with us just being plopped in like that. And the optional story exposition made the flow of the beginning clunky. Hopefully they find a happy medium between the short intro and plot exposition.

Iwa and Acie.... Awwwww those are so cute <3

Trying to envision the masters face and i hope he looks sorta goofy...with uh pink hair please.
Master of Masters takes off his hood revealing Nomura's face.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm not sure how I feel about KHIII's intro being short. I understand getting straight to it but *looking at DDD's intro* yeah they have to be careful. DDD's intro was kinda awkward with us just being plopped in like that. And the optional story exposition made the flow of the beginning clunky. Hopefully they find a happy medium between the short intro and plot exposition.

Really, only the numbered titles have had longer and plot-heavy introductions. Which, given that 3 is a numbered title, you'd want it to continue the trend, but I think starting off straight away is probably a better idea. Especially given that 0.2 is essentially a chunk out of the beginning of KH3, it makes sense for KH3 to show what it needs at the beginning, but to otherwise jump straight into the action. I still think the best way to open KH3 is have us play as Young Xehanort and experience his past firsthand.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Master of Masters takes off his hood revealing Nomura's face.

or something close to it.

i always thought the Master of Masters was some sort of god-like prophet type. serious and all-knowing, cryptic yet wise. not the kind to address his students with nicknames.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
No worries, guys <3 Sorry it took so long, it was just so massive!!
goldplanner it no problem if we can wait for kh 3 for so long we can wait for the intiviw anyway thanks goldplanner for all the hardwork you done on this website

Venitas

You guys.

I think the dandelions hibernated to the present day using the memory pods in the Twilight town mansion basement. They are shaped like flowers....

Remember how when you examine them, they say "there was evidence these were used before" ...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You guys.

I think the dandelions hibernated to the present day using the memory pods in the Twilight town mansion basement. They are shaped like flowers....

Remember how when you examine them, they say "there was evidence these were used before" ...

that doesnt explain how dandelions turned into preservation orbs

but maybe its to imply that someone from all those years ago may have used them to stay around?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
You guys.

A lot of people have been wondering if Nomura would ever use that blurb from the memory pods to actually be something story relevant one day, and this is a popular theory floating around, whether it be the foretellers who used the pods to support the rebirth theory, or the dandelions. Either way, I wonder if the extra pods ever will be explained further or not.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
A lot of people have been wondering if Nomura would ever use that blurb from the memory pods to actually be something story relevant one day, and this is a popular theory floating around, whether it be the foretellers who used the pods to support the rebirth theory, or the dandelions. Either way, I wonder if the extra pods ever will be explained further or not.

not to mention all of the unexplained unicorn decorations and synbolism.

WHY LITTLE PONY

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
E3%202016%20Keyart.png

Well fuck, that is the Keyblade thing from LoD

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Black Coated guy is the Master of the Foretellers? Gotta say I did not see that one coming.

Gotta say this really gets me interested in 2.8 a lot more now (and I was really freaking interested after this last trailer). Really curious how BBS 0.2 connects to KH3.

The idea of a short intro for KH3 is kind of a nice change of pace. I actually really liked what they did in DDD where you just saw one cutscene and then it pulled you into a boss fight for a tutorial. Oddly enough, I almost imagined KH3 starting like that a while ago... where it would just sort of start and you'd be wondering "Wait, what's going on?" And then you pick up on it, so it sounds like that's exactly what it'll be like.

Edit: ...Well after reading everyone else's thoughts on a short KH3 intro, I guess I'm alone in liking DDD's opening hour......

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Let me just go on record again to be proud of the fact that I guessed that Mr. Black Hooded guy is the Master of Masters (and the fact that The Realm of Darkness is an amalgamation of different worlds for 0.2). The Fortellers would not be dumb enough to take orders from the 6th Apprentice or some stranger. I have a good feeling Mr. Master of Masters is inspired by Deadpool with his carefree attitude.

And I'm glad that X and Unchained X are finally starting to show signs that they're diverging from one-another. It's about time. I cannot wait for what's to come!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
That was actually a great interview and seemingly great translation. Thanks for that Goldpanner!

>KH0.2: plenty of volume, all parts have evolved
—We were able to play the KH0.2 demo, and what a wonderful workmanship! First, the graphics dazzled our eyes. It doesn't look simply realistic, it's a new kind of KH-ness.
Nomura: I'm so glad. KH0.2 is the first title in the series that adopts lighting, and we adjust things from start to finish since the way it looks changes considerably depending on the light, but I still wondered whether the direction we'd taken would show. We are also working very closely with the developers of Unreal Engine 4.

Someone please tell him the models' lightning is bad :(

Nomura: It's only on that map. If you continue to different areas, there are different things to play with. I know so far you have had no idea what sort of adventures Aqua had in the Realm of Darkness, but here, many worlds… worlds that had been swallowed by the darkness are fused together. After the part you played in the demo, you enter Cinderella's castle and find yourself in a different world, and leaving that brings you to yet another world, that's how it is.

I know that it has been theorised, but I didn't actually think they would put multiple worlds in 0.2. That's great actually. I've always said that I wanted to revisit a next-gen reimagining of BBS's worlds.

—So we aren't going to just explore Cinderella's castle, then. At the end of the demo, Terra appeared. Was that some sort of illusion?
Nomura: I wonder (laughs). When it comes to that sort of thing, I'd like you to play the full game.

So, not an illusion? Mickey perhaps? Ansem guiding her?

Nomura: It's not that I've spread the story out, perhaps it's more that I've separated the parts that would have ruined KH3's tempo if they were told then.

Makes sense.

In fact, KH3 is overwhelmingly big, so it's not that content has been shaved off, and it's something I've worried over how to handle.

Well it better be.

And then, to me, I've made a lot of RPGs so far, and I think rather than listening to long explanations at the start of the game, we want to enjoy the adventure right away, so I decided to try and keep the opening exposition part of KH3 as short as possible. Because of that, maybe people will be like, "why is Sora here?", feeling like KH3 begins comparatively abruptly. Of course, if you keep playing, you'll work out the minimum about the situation.

TL;DR new players are completely diddlyed - a fact we saw coming. expect meltdowns

Nomura: Yeah (laughs). By the way, KH3's intro is short, and it begins straight away, but I am thinking very precisely about how to make sure both those who have been with the series for a long time and those for whom this will be the first KH title will be able to follow along.

Isn't that the exact opposite of what he just said?

Nomura: Yes. In addition to PS4 trophies, the trophies from the original game are also there as a separate feature. Other than that, drop times have been extended, and some enemy reactions are currently undergoing adjustment. And, as a series-first experiment, KH3D will be in 60fps. There, it differs fundamentally from the original.

I can see it happening "well I promised that the series would be on one console and fans seem so enthusiastic about 60fps in KH, so I was kinda forced to port 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS4 (laughs)". Mark my words.

—It was extremely fresh seeing Ephemera and the Foretellers in CG with voice acting in KHχ Back Cover.
Nomura: Just like KH0.2, it uses techniques from KH3. You can go ahead and think of KH3's cutscenes as looking pretty much like that.

So mostly everyone will be tanned??

Nomura: It is especially popular overseas, it seems. When the North American version was released, there was a huge response from Europeans wanting a supported release in Europe, so I'm as happy as can be.

No shit Nomura, like you didn't already know that.

Nomura: The nature of the connection between the two worlds is something I can't talk about in specifics yet.

Crazy explanation incoming.

—We are interested in what will happen to the characters Ephemer and Skuld, and whether they will appear in future titles in the series.
Nomura: I wonder (laughs).
Yaaaas!!!!

—By the way, next year is the KH series' 15th anniversary. You're starting concerts this year, will you be planning anything else?
Nomura: Let me see… Next year is also the 30th anniversary of Final Fantasy, but it does look as though there will be plenty of things happening for KH's fifteenth year.

Open the celebratory floodgates!!

At the next information releases, which will be this coming August at the KH concert and the Dissidia Final Fantasy tournament, I plan to start bringing more to light little by little, so I thank you in advance for your continued support.

We'll hold you on that.

Muke

whatever
Awards
So that Shadow Swarm's name is "Devil's Wave", huh? Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back