• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coaty/Master of Master's Intentions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I don't know about everyone else, but I was quite surprised by the revelation that Coaty is the Master of Masters. The laid-back demeanor, much less the use of nicknames, seems to me characteristics that would fit the 6th rather than the Master. But now that Coaty's identity has been confirmed, it is clear that his intentions do not appear to be the most pure as he seems so nonchalant about not being able to prevent a keyblade war.

What do you think, is the Master a good guy, or bad? Furthermore, if the Master is the oldest keyblade wielder in existence, wouldn't that suggest that the Goat keyblade, aka the oldest keyblade in existence, belonged to him, rather than the 6th? Does this mean that Xehanort is connected to the Master of Masters rather than the 6th? Who is the 6th? We have all been assuming the 6th to be the evil forsaken Foreteller, the one secretly orchestrating the entire keyblade war- it seems all too perfect and fitting. But could it be that the 6th was not forsaken, but rather chose not to bear the title of Foreteller? Maybe he was the only one that understood the Master's true intentions and left before he was dragged into the Master's grand scheme. Perhaps the message of a traitor amongst the foretellers is a message from the 6th, referring to the Master himself.

Completely baseless musings that I just want to throw out there for the sake of discussion.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm starting to warm up to the idea that he's some sort of oracle.
His way of saying "Nah. Not possible" sure sounded funny, but maybe that's just what fate holds in store.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
We have all been assuming the 6th to be the evil forsaken Foreteller, the one secretly orchestrating the entire keyblade war- it seems all too perfect and fitting. But could it be that the 6th was not forsaken, but rather chose not to bear the title of Foreteller? Maybe he was the only one that understood the Master's true intentions and left before he was dragged into the Master's grand scheme. Perhaps the message of a traitor amongst the foretellers is a message from the 6th, referring to the Master himself.

Completely baseless musings that I just want to throw out there for the sake of discussion.

You've just answered your own speculation. Well, at least in my opinion. Remember, this series is Kingdom Hearts. And seeing as this is the definitive origin story, we can easily assume that the entity of Kingdom Hearts is playing a role in this particular chapter. Maybe the Master of Masters wanted to have Foreteller's in the first place in order for light and dark to clash to summon Kingdom Hearts to recreate the world in his own image.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
if master of master getting the xehanort keyblade what the keyblade will the sixth get

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Maybe the Master of Masters wanted to have Foreteller's in the first place in order for light and dark to clash to summon Kingdom Hearts to recreate the world in his own image.
But Kingdom Hearts should still reside within the realm of light, it's very likely there is no need to summon it.

I still agree that the MoM probably plans for the light and darkness to clash since the Foretellers fight over the light (Lux) like the fairy tale describes. Their reason being to push back the "invading" darkness, something they are indirectly responsible for (at least it's heavily implied).

praveen

master of masters could have took over 6th guys body because he couldnt become a keyblade master by unable to control the darkness in his heart whereas the other 5 became masters and eventually fortellers
im saying he took over his body because xehanort took terras body where terra couldnt control his darkness and the 6th dude could be xehanorts master..
so MoM took 6th dudes body, then 6th lost his memories (xehanort loses his memories when he took terras body)
khx takes place 90 years before bbs so 6th guy should have taken xehanorts body because eraqus was full light hearted whereas xehanort was a evil bitch..
then memory loss happens again and now the trait continues and xehanort is trying to make keyblade war happen again

Awards
master of masters could have took over 6th guys body because he couldnt become a keyblade master by unable to control the darkness in his heart whereas the other 5 became masters and eventually fortellers
im saying he took over his body because xehanort took terras body where terra couldnt control his darkness and the 6th dude could be xehanorts master..
so MoM took 6th dudes body, then 6th lost his memories (xehanort loses his memories when he took terras body)
khx takes place 90 years before bbs so 6th guy should have taken xehanorts body because eraqus was full light hearted whereas xehanort was a evil bitch..
then memory loss happens again and now the trait continues and xehanort is trying to make keyblade war happen again

'Memory loss' isn't a characteristic of someone's body being taken over. Terranort/Apprentice Xehanort initially was almost entirely Master Xehanort with his memories intact - the memory loss happened because of Terra's last remaining strength which allowed him to stab himself with his keyblade. Generally when someone's body is taken over, the one with the stronger heart remains in control.

Man, I'm really hoping the Master isn't the great big baddie whose will was passed on to Xehanort or something like that. Why spend so much time on building up Xehanort's character, creating so many versions of him and making him seem like the smartest and most evil guy in existence, only to have someone even worse? :/

praveen

Man, I'm really hoping the Master isn't the great big baddie whose will was passed on to Xehanort or something like that. Why spend so much time on building up Xehanort's character, creating so many versions of him and making him seem like the smartest and most evil guy in existence, only to have someone even worse? :/

xehanort not being the most bad guy in this saga will not be a big surprise cuz he only appeared in 2 games out of 6 and he even had nothing to do with the actual two main games (kh1 and kh2, i know bbs was a big one but yet..)
they built his character deeply in bbs but
some people who are waiting for kh3 (including my friends) dont even know about xehanort
but it will also be really stupid for a new big bad guy to appear in the series...

Awards
xehanort not being the most bad guy in this saga will not be a big surprise cuz he only appeared in 2 games out of 6 and he even had nothing to do with the actual two main games (kh1 and kh2, i know bbs was a big one but yet..)
some people who are waiting for kh3 (including my friends) dont even know about xehanort
but it will also be really stupid for a new big bad guy to appear in the series...

Well this series isn't for casuals, that's for sure. xD
Regardless of the number of games MX himself has appeared in, they've pretty much established him as THE big bad. This has been reinforced by many things, and having someone supersede him would just ruin his character for me.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I've been away from the internet for a few days, what did I miss? Where was it confirmed? Kind of funny though, since him being the master was the first thing that I thought when I saw the trailer.

h.e.hassanein

while I do agree that it would be very annoying for a new bad guy to overshadow xehanort in what's supposed to be his big showdown, I don't agree that it makes sense for the same reasons you state. KHI and II may not have been about Xehanort himself, but for every game so far the big baddie was either him or his self in different forms (heartless, nobody, past forms or what have you).

so yeah, it'd be very anti-climatic if we find out we've been fighting the wrong guy all this time. and from what we've seen in the trailer, this guy doesn't seem...Xehanort-y, for lack of better words. From what we've seen so far they do have something in common though- a complete nonchalance when it comes to the world's end. Xehanort deeply wants to bring it about and Black Coat sees no need to try and stop it coming. So maybe this isn't a case of incarnation or rebirth or whatever here...

I'm trying to consider whether Mom and the 6th Foreteller could be the same person (as a ruse to trick the 5 Foretellers for whatever reason) but I can't wrap my head around the other 5 not noticing for so long? Like, how have they not trained together under the master at the same time? Wouldn't they have been suspicious if they never saw the two at the same time together?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
maybe the master of master sent the sixth away because he knew to much and he put that passage in the book to say there a traitor among you and the traitor is the master of master i mean it stated there a trailor among you never said anything about union or non union person

Last edited:

Hirokey123

Awards
I am waiting for some massively convoluted reveal....

Like Xehanort destroyed the world in KH3 leaving only Sora and Sora only escaped destruction by being flung back in time. But traumatic event broke Sora, he knew the end of the world and the events leading up to it. He searched for a way back but years passed and realized by being flung back in time that he couldn't get back to his own to nor do anything to stop it. He became resigned to the inevitable, coming to believe like Xehanort in destiny dictating all...and decided to take the place destiny had in store for him. He wrote a book containing what he knew and then used it to recreate his friends as he last remembered them, the foretellers. At this time though they were children compared to him, so he took the role of master to them. Even knowing that by doing so he would usher in the first war and kick off the whole mess, Sora would be the beginning and Xehanort the end both tools of the world so that it can die and a new world take its place. And in KH3 Sora will face off with old man Sora and old man Xehanort to try and change his fate.

Totally baseless I know but I dunno I'm just spitballing here.... at this point it feels like there will be something equally absurd and ridiculous like that, because the MoM or 6th being evil is way too straightforward.

Awards
I am waiting for some massively convoluted reveal....

Like Xehanort destroyed the world in KH3 leaving only Sora and Sora only escaped destruction by being flung back in time. But traumatic event broke Sora, he knew the end of the world and the events leading up to it. He searched for a way back but years passed and realized by being flung back in time that he couldn't get back to his own to nor do anything to stop it. He became resigned to the inevitable, coming to believe like Xehanort in destiny dictating all...and decided to take the place destiny had in store for him. He wrote a book containing what he knew and then used it to recreate his friends as he last remembered them, the foretellers. At this time though they were children compared to him, so he took the role of master to them. Even knowing that by doing so he would usher in the first war and kick off the whole mess, Sora would be the beginning and Xehanort the end both tools of the world so that it can die and a new world take its place. And in KH3 Sora will face off with old man Sora and old man Xehanort to try and change his fate.

Totally baseless I know but I dunno I'm just spitballing here.... at this point it feels like there will be something equally absurd and ridiculous like that, because the MoM or 6th being evil is way too straightforward.

The sad part is, I can totally see Coaty being an Old Man Sora. I mean just look at the way he crosses his arms behind his head! xD

No, but seriously. I wouldn't put it past Nomura-san.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
The sad part is, I can totally see Coaty being an Old Man Sora. I mean just look at the way he crosses his arms behind his head! xD

No, but seriously. I wouldn't put it past Nomura-san.
so you saying becuase coaty/master of master crooss his arms behind his head he old man sora what about gula holding his keyblade like how sora does in the trailer

Hirokey123

Awards
so you saying becuase coaty/master of master crooss his arms behind his head he old man sora what about gula holding his keyblade like how sora does in the trailer

Gula=Roxas confirmed

Ven's color scheme
Sora's fight style
Yelling at someone for not giving up, even after that person was already beaten, and the losing to that person in the end

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well this series isn't for casuals, that's for sure. xD
Regardless of the number of games MX himself has appeared in, they've pretty much established him as THE big bad. This has been reinforced by many things, and having someone supersede him would just ruin his character for me.

Just because the Master of Masters (hypothetically) started the roots of the Kingdom Hearts conflict doesn't mean that they're "the Big bad" of the entire series. Xehanort can still be the primary antagonist even with this guy in the picture. Marluxia was the primary antagonist of Chain of Memories in Sora's story whilst Maleficent was the primary antagonist in Coded. The Master of Masters could either be a short lived character that meets his demise early on or understands that it's too much trouble to summon Kingdom Hearts thus giving up on his ambitions.

h.e.hassanein

Just because the Master of Masters (hypothetically) started the roots of the Kingdom Hearts conflict doesn't mean that they're "the Big bad" of the entire series. Xehanort can still be the primary antagonist even with this guy in the picture. Marluxia was the primary antagonist of Chain of Memories in Sora's story whilst Maleficent was the primary antagonist in Coded. The Master of Masters could either be a short lived character that meets his demise early on or understands that it's too much trouble to summon Kingdom Hearts thus giving up on his ambitions.

Yes, of course if it goes that way then that wouldn't make MoM (lol just realized without the capitalization we could just call him mom) the Big Bad...but what I'd personally be annoyed at was if it's one of those 'whoops we were after the wrong guy all along xD' kind of thing and that's how they transition us out of the Xehanort saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back