• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Miss Anything From KH1?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

palizinhas

Awards
I liked having sidequests like dalmatians and Trinities to complete the journal instead of having to make some specific number of points in boring minigames. Coliseum giving experience and being less gimmicky in general. Magic bar. The worlds felt bigger and better there too, KHII is just so empty. Also tech points.

I can't really remember much, I played some KH1 a couple years ago, but I haven't beated the game since I was a kid.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Now that I think about KH1's magic system was pretty cool.

It is practically the only Numbered KH Game to not use the cool-down method when it comes to using MP which is what KH2 introduced and from the looks of it KH3 will also adopt. I know KH2's was suppose to balance the MP usage (which it did) but that doesn't mean I really enjoyed it. It's kind of like a cheeseburger I like it even though I know it's not good for me.

BBS, DDD, Coded while they don't have an MP system they still adopted the whole "wait for your abilities to cool down thing" from KH2.

Days & CoM were also unique but I still prefer KH1's even if it was a bit broken. However, I was okay with since it improved not only Sora's capabilities but also Donald & Goofy's. Especially since Donald cast both Curaga & Aeroga on Sora while still retaining some MP (unlike KH2 where he casts Curage ONCE & all of his MP's gone). Goofy was also great with MP Gift & Evolution (Too bad they removed those as well).

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Simple and Clean is much better than Sanctuary. I mean I even thought the opening for KH2 was pretty weak other than when they timed it when Roxas was born while showing S/R/K sleeping.

I miss Sora actually talking about the overarching plot points into disney worlds. How many times he mention the need to find Kairi/Riku from my memory was much more apparent than in KH2.

Luxu

Awards
Simple and Clean is much better than Sanctuary. I mean I even thought the opening for KH2 was pretty weak other than when they timed it when Roxas was born while showing S/R/K sleeping.

Simple and Clean has a lot of versions (Ray of Hope and Remix). I think a new song should be made for KH3, one that captures the end of one darkness and the revival of another

I miss Sora actually talking about the overarching plot points into disney worlds. How many times he mention the need to find Kairi/Riku from my memory was much more apparent than in KH2.

Remember when in 2 he was looking for Riku more than Kairi? Then awkwardly hugged Kairi? Then basically crumbled infront of Riku?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Remember when in 2 he was looking for Riku more than Kairi? Then awkwardly hugged Kairi? Then basically crumbled infront of Riku?

Now, now, let's be honest here.
First, he searched Riku because he knew where Kairi was. When Kairi gets kidnapped, it's back to search for both.
Second, all that stuff happened at the end, not in the Disney worlds. In the Disney worlds, he just ask the same barrage of question at the beginning (where's Riku/Kairi - where's the King - where's the Organization) just so the Disney character can answer "Idk lol" and they can start that world's plot.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I know KH2's was suppose to balance the MP usage (which it did) but that doesn't mean I really enjoyed it. It's kind of like a cheeseburger I like it even though I know it's not good for me.

KH2 magic system is like a cheeseburger. That's the best thing I've heard this week lol

I actually also like KH1 magic system the most though. To restore your MP you have to attack the enemy. In all the other games you can just run around and wait for it to recharge. KH1 forced you to engage the enemies and use regular keyblade combos more. It makes the fights pretty intense sometimes, running out of MP during a boss fight and having to play super carefully to make sure you don't take any damage was exciting.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
On the flip side the magic in KH1 was much more abusable than in KH2. Once you get MP Rage/Haste w/e it's called you almost never run out of MP and can spam cure/

In KH2 you use cure, you have to wait the time out no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back