• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FCP Limited Edition!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix has revealed the limited edition bonus for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue! The game, releasing on January 24th, 2017 in western territories, will offer an exclusive official Disney Collector's pin featuring Mickey and Sora!

Fans will be able to purchase this limited edition for $59.99 from participating retailers and the Square Enix Online Store!

They have also released a new 60-second trailer to reveal this surprise, comprised of clips from the Tokyo Game Show trailer!

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
The wording is a little misleading because it's really just a preorder bonus.

Getting a pin is a bit disappointing, but makes sense due to the whole Disney pin collecting scene. I believe the scene is quite a bit smaller than it once was though. Even more disappointing than the pin itself is its design. It doesn't look that great.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I don't get why people on social media keep getting upset over these Limited Editions. This isn't a collector's edition that costs extra money, this is literally a free pin for pre-ordering. It'd be different if this was like the version in Japan with Lea's Keyblade that costs $90, but they're tossing in a free pin for pre-ordering. Considering most of us were probably planning on pre-ordering anyway, it's like hey here ya go have a pin with your game, no additional charge. Yet people complain.

Wait for the CE to be announced, cause we all know it's coming eventually.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I don't get why people on social media keep getting upset over these Limited Editions. This isn't a collector's edition that costs extra money, this is literally a free pin for pre-ordering. It'd be different if this was like the version in Japan with Lea's Keyblade that costs $90, but they're tossing in a free pin for pre-ordering. Considering most of us were probably planning on pre-ordering anyway, it's like hey here ya go have a pin with your game, no additional charge. Yet people complain.

Wait for the CE to be announced, cause we all know it's coming eventually.

I think people just expected something more. The preorder bonus we got for 1.5 was really cool, and a lot of people surely wanted something more akin to that than another pin they have no use for. I'm also in the camp that's a bit disappointed in the pin, more in its design than anything else, but it doesn't affect my opinion of the game nor will it change the fact that I already have it preordered. I'll probably just stick it in a drawer like the last one. It isn't me being upset, but rather just a bit disappointed. They didn't owe us anything, but we could've gotten something cooler.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
The pin from 2.5 is nice, but rather useless to me. I'm not considering this Limited Edition.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I wonder what type of deal Gamestop will offer with their preorder version of Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

It'll be the same exact thing: the pin. They've always offered the same thing that the SE Online store has offered.

The pin from 2.5 is nice, but rather useless to me. I'm not considering this Limited Edition.

You get it automatically if you preorder. It's really just a free preorder bonus.

Muke

whatever
Awards
You get it automatically if you preorder. It's really just a free preorder bonus.
???? idk did they change this ooor…?
Because the pin from 2.5 was included in the LE when I bought it from MediaMarkt, so it wasn't only preorder bonus?

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Because the pin from 2.5 was included in the LE when I bought it from MediaMarkt, so it wasn't only preorder bonus?

Same happened with me when I picked up 2.5. As far as I understand, it was a preorder bonus and they sold their leftover stock on store shelves. It happens fairly often with games that have these types of preorder bonuses.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

The thing is that this limited edition doesn't cost more than the regular one.
I think you can preorder the game and say you'd prefer a regular version but I don't really see the sense in it tbh.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I think you can preorder the game and say you'd prefer a regular version but I don't really see the sense in it tbh.
I dunno, probably only the store, but oddly the LE cost €35, while the normal version cost €49,99.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

That might be the case if you preorder in person, but on the other hand, the SE Online store doesn't give the option. It might just depend if retailers have both in their system, or if all they have is one copy of 2.8, and by preordering you're essentially ordering the limited edition.

appleboy82791

Awards
I got way too excited when I heard "Limited Edition". Then I saw that it was just a pin. Definitely very disappointing. It's the same price though. I guess it's really just a pre-order bonus. I'll get it anyway. I was going to pre-order it anyway.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I got way too excited when I heard "Limited Edition". Then I saw that it was just a pin. Definitely very disappointing. It's the same price though. I guess it's really just a pre-order bonus. I'll get it anyway. I was going to pre-order it anyway.

Same on my end. When I saw the tweet notification pop up on my phone and read "Limited Edition", I was super excited until I learned that it was a preorder bonus. It's odd that they've chosen to use this wording. It would have been much clearer if they would have just called it a preorder bonus.

Granted, I don't want to complain about this kind of stuff too much. The choice is just an odd one. I'm still super happy with what we've seen from the game itself.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
That might be the case if you preorder in person, but on the other hand, the SE Online store doesn't give the option. It might just depend if retailers have both in their system, or if all they have is one copy of 2.8, and by preordering you're essentially ordering the limited edition.

I don't think they only have one version, because stuff like that is usually only in the first shipping and from then on, they sell "regular" versions only. Might be wrong tho.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I don't think they only have one version, because stuff like that is usually only in the first shipping and from then on, they sell "regular" versions only. Might be wrong tho.

Yeah you're right, that's what I understand it to be as well. I was saying that there might be only one version in the system strictly concerning preorders. As in if you preorder, you get the LE. They'll just ship the standard version later.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yeah you're right, that's what I understand it to be as well. I was saying that there might be only one version in the system strictly concerning preorders. As in if you preorder, you get the LE. They'll just ship the standard version later.

Ohhh okay, yeah. That's possible, but I've never seen it happen. I mean, if you order online, sure, you can't choose, but I bet they can give you a regular one in the shop (if you just go there without pre-ordering, you get a regular one as well after all).
Don't see the sense in it much tho.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I believe the limited edition for 2.5 was technically a "day one" edition of the game. Like, a majority of the first run copies were the limited edition so you were more than likely to get that version if you picked up the game day one instead of the standard edition. I could be wrong on that though.

On the topic of this, I love Disney Trading Pins so I personally couldn't be happier with another KH pin. I dunno why people get so upset over a pin being included when its free. Yeah it might not be as great as the artbook for 1.5, but its nothing to get so angry over. Besides, I think its obvious that Square will announce a collectors edition of some kind in the coming weeks like they have for all their "big" JRPG's lately (aside from Dragon Quest Builders, which honestly deserves some kind of LE/CE).

Last edited:

Kounelli

Awards
I remember that I bought 2.5 at Walmart way after it was released and it was the limited/collectors edition with the pin. Was that supposed to be a preorder bonus and if so how on Earth did I get it? Haha. I mention this cuz then maybe we can grab this the same way too ( which I kinda prefer). Anyway, I think I will wait on this one.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I remember that I bought 2.5 at Walmart way after it was released and it was the limited/collectors edition with the pin. Was that supposed to be a preorder bonus and if so how on Earth did I get it? Haha. I mention this cuz then maybe we can grab this the same way too ( which I kinda prefer). Anyway, I think I will wait on this one.

The same happened with me. I wouldn't have gotten it otherwise because I couldn't care less about pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back