• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FCP Limited Edition!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Got excited when I read Limited Edition. But I guess Limited Edition and Collector's Edition are 2 different things. Eitherway, as far as I understand from you guys this is a pre-order bonus, so if I already pre-ordered this, I now get this pin with it? Not a big fan of the pin though... the colors look so pale, as if it's a few years old :/ Could have gone for a brighter red in my opinion. The Mickey reaching out for Sora makes it a bit better I guess. I wonder why they didn't do one with both Riku and Sora though. I understand Mickey is there for marketing purposes, but Riku was just as much as a main protagonist in DDD as Sora. Or maybe they could have gone with Aqua, alot of people look forward to 0.2.

And how do I know if my store is a "participating store"? Do I just walk up to them and ask if they are or is there a list or something? And when could we expect a Collectors Edition reveal?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmn, a pin you say. Well, it looks ok and I guess people who enjoy collecting pins will enjoy getting these.

I am hoping for a collector edition like 2.5 did. Maybe with that another artbook will come and there a new sketch from Nomura. He did one for 1.5 and 2.5, so I am hopeful that he will do so for 2.8.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Got excited when I read Limited Edition. But I guess Limited Edition and Collector's Edition are 2 different things. Eitherway, as far as I understand from you guys this is a pre-order bonus, so if I already pre-ordered this, I now get this pin with it? Not a big fan of the pin though... the colors look so pale, as if it's a few years old :/ Could have gone for a brighter red in my opinion. The Mickey reaching out for Sora makes it a bit better I guess. I wonder why they didn't do one with both Riku and Sora though. I understand Mickey is there for marketing purposes, but Riku was just as much as a main protagonist in DDD as Sora. Or maybe they could have gone with Aqua, alot of people look forward to 0.2.

And how do I know if my store is a "participating store"? Do I just walk up to them and ask if they are or is there a list or something? And when could we expect a Collectors Edition reveal?

Yes if you have the game already pre-ordered, you are guaranteed the pin depending on what retailer it is. It says participating retailers, but I remember pretty much all big name branded stores had the 2.5 limited edition (Best Buy, GameStop, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.). Where did you pre-order? You can probably check the stores' website sometime next week and see if they are offering the pin as a bonus.

As for when a CE might be announced it really all depends. We could see it anytime between now and the game's release date. The 2.5 CE was announced a month before the game came out I believe so its anyone's guess at this point.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I guess they are so confident people will pre-order no matter what huh. From the little understanding of video games I have, pre-order are very important and that's why games offer a lot for you to pre-order. This pin isn't anything noteworthy.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If the pin was Aqua or Riku or Chirithy I would be excited.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I swear that Disney believes Mickey and Sora are the only characters in the series

KingOfHearts

Yeah, a pin isn't exactly a good bonus. I wish it was something more relevant. It's already $60 for an HD remix and a demo.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm so happy. I missed out on the one for 2.5 because of Square Enix loosing my order so I'm keen to finally collect one in January ^_^

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
um if im not mistaken disnet we get a collector edition for 2.5 because japan got a collector editon and we didn't

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
You know, I'm really pleased with HMK's video about this.

So many fans, it seems, are very angry about the limited edition and were ready to jump on the #squarebefair thing again.

But HMK discussed in his video how Square IS being fair in what they're doing (as Japan's only getting a keychain).

And I- Just bless him. It's nice to see some KH fans still have sense (and since he has so many viewers, I'm hoping this will influence a lot of the salty people to calm down).

ANYWAY... Does anyone else think they're not doing much with II.8, because they think if they have a nice limited or collector's edition that people won't buy it?

I ask this because a true LE or CE would probably jack up the price, and I know a lot of people don't want to pay $60.00 for this collection and are backing out of it already (even some KH die-hards). Anything more than that would probably just make that number of people sitting out worse.

Frankly, I'm kind of with them. I'll buy this game, of course (in fact, I'm SO hyped for it; moreso than I am for KHIII, even), but I do think it's a bit overpriced. If it had been two full games with the movie, sure. But one game, a shorter game, and a movie? Meh. I know that 0.2 is our first taste of KHIII and all that, but still.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
If there's a CE with 1.5, 2.5, AND 2.8 plus something special, I'm definitely gonna buy. Even if it's just 2.8 with something awesome included (a plush that isn't Chirithy because I already bought his expensive butt) I'm gonna buy it.

I don't mind the pin. It's a free thing, you aren't paying anything extra for it. I know people are bothered by the $60 price tag, but I'm pretty sure at this point they aren't going to lower the price. Japan is just getting Lea's red keyblade, I suppose some fans may value one over the other. I'm not particularly picky, and KH merch is appreciated because it feels like they're so little of it. Maybe it's best the wait until the price drops, but then you're at a disadvantage spoiler wise. Kind of a rock and a hard place.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Ohhh okay, yeah. That's possible, but I've never seen it happen. I mean, if you order online, sure, you can't choose, but I bet they can give you a regular one in the shop (if you just go there without pre-ordering, you get a regular one as well after all).
Don't see the sense in it much tho.

Mmm, not always. A few days after 2.5 came out, I went to target to get one and they only had the limited edition stocked. So.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
KH2.8_LE._V277124653_.jpg

Amazon just updated their listing and the picture is ever so slightly different, mainly the bigger box in the background.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
KH2.8_LE._V277124653_.jpg

Amazon just updated their listing and the picture is ever so slightly different, mainly the bigger box in the background.
Yep, so you have the regular game that comes without they pin, which is the picture at the front.

The game at the back is a box that has the game at the front and the pin in it.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
NA Square strikes again. Note the "Unchained χ Back Cover". They might have done that purposefully just because Unchained χ is how most people know the game, but still. That's incorrect either way.

Awards
I don't care for the pin. I'm just waiting for the inevitable Collector's Edition with possible soundtrack, maybe 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4, Aqua PAK[please I beg you], other goodies that I can't exactly describe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back