• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Supergirl

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The parallels between Lena and Kara are very blatant. I love Katie McGrath so her being in the show has me over the moon. Also Tyler Hoechlin nailed it as Clark and Superman. A ton of fun and energy behind his portrayal <3

The special effects are terrible, if not worse than S1.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
The start of Season Two for Supergirl were pretty much fun and really loved the Clark/Kara moments since they're cousins from the same planet, really.

While the special effects may have declined than last season, I don't mind as it is the story that makes me invested from the start. Plus, it's nice to see rich history straight from the comics come to life!

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Maybe it's because I've been watching the show on a phone screen (never watched it live) and now AM watching it live, but I actually liked how the effects looked compared to some of the sketchier ones last season.

But that could also be because I still hold Smallville's effects as the bottom of the barrel, so until they get that bad, I probs won't say anything.

I'm just glad both Morgana and Arthur from Merlin are still getting some rockin careers on CW shows. Still have felt to finish Merlin but I got attached to all these damn actors.

SuperLena is so gonna be my new SwanQueen and I am gonna be hugely disappointed each time it doesn't happen.

Roxie1563

Awards
Maybe it's because I've been watching the show on a phone screen (never watched it live) and now AM watching it live, but I actually liked how the effects looked compared to some of the sketchier ones last season.

But that could also be because I still hold Smallville's effects as the bottom of the barrel, so until they get that bad, I probs won't say anything.

I'm just glad both Morgana and Arthur from Merlin are still getting some rockin careers on CW shows. Still have felt to finish Merlin but I got attached to all these damn actors.

SuperLena is so gonna be my new SwanQueen and I am gonna be hugely disappointed each time it doesn't happen.

Ah, I use the TV to watch all of my shows. I didn't think Smallville's effects weren't that bad and granted, I thought it was pretty cool how they showcased his abilities in situations that called for it.

Oh, crap! They were on the show? I didn't recognize them, lol. Glad to know they are in this series, though.

Lol, Clark/Cat stole the show tonight. It's all about sway~~

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Pretty decent episode. I noticed the VFX quality myself. Honestly though, they seem about the same as season 1. I actually liked Supes more than I thought I would. Maybe it's the chemistry between Clark and Kara that made me like him more. Supes was pretty stoic in Man of Steel and BvS. So to see him actually enjoy himself and have some fun with Kara is quite refreshing.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

WAIT. WHAT SHOW IS BRADLEY JAMES ON?

I want to say you should def finish Merlin but I really hated the direction of everything surrounding Morgana and the entire last season...so tread with caution.

CW seems plenty fine with LGBT representation so ship SuperLena with all of your soul. I'll secretly be there while I pick up the pieces of my broken Kara x James-loving heart.

Roxie1563

Awards
Pretty decent episode. I noticed the VFX quality myself. Honestly though, they seem about they same as season 1. I actually liked Supes more than I thought I would. Maybe it's the chemistry between Clark and Kara that made me like him more. Supes was pretty stoic in Man of Steel and BvS. So to see him actually enjoy himself and have some fun with Kara is quite refreshing.

It was a very good change from the film universe and I like this Superman better since it reminds me of the old Reeve films.

@Spocknort: Yeah, I've noticed that as of late and I'm already disliking how Kara broke it off with James before anything really happened. I'm hoping for SuperLena to happen the same way it did for KorraAsmasa (I think I screwed up on the official name! D:); the slow burn into a inferno that burns into the night~

Zero Sora

Awards
I completely forgot that Kara and Jimmy broke it off. Breaking up immediately after getting together is pretty horrible writing in my opinion.

Lonbilly

Awards
I love James, but as the show went on, I started to dislike the idea of him and Kara together, lol. I think part of that is because while it wasn't intentional, he was a pretty shitty boyfriend to Lucy, who he claimed had all the issues before they got back together, but then all their issues came directly from him after. So.

Also, I think they did it because Arrow has the obvi endgame Oliver/Felicity and Flash has Iris/Barry, whereas I think they want Supergirl to remain up in the air. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about Kara/Winn since Winn is so more into her cousin.

WAIT. WHAT SHOW IS BRADLEY JAMES ON?

I want to say you should def finish Merlin but I really hated the direction of everything surrounding Morgana and the entire last season...so tread with caution.

I am eventually gonna finish it, I finished S3 recently, but yeah, I was heartbroken at how they did Morgana after S2. (Especially since it is technically is Merlin's fault but whatevers).

Also, Bradley is on iZombie, I believe, which I have yet to watch, but is written by the same dude who did Veronica Mars, so I'm planning on starting it soon.

CW seems plenty fine with LGBT representation so ship SuperLena with all of your soul. I'll secretly be there while I pick up the pieces of my broken Kara x James-loving heart.

DAMMIT, ETHY, STOP MAKING ME HOPE </3

Roxie1563

Awards
I completely forgot that Kara and Jimmy broke it off. Breaking up immediately after getting together is pretty horrible writing in my opinion.

How could you forget that and yeah, it does look like it's bad writing but I think they wanted it to go on before the move to CW and well, you know the rest.

Still, it was a good start for the second season!

Lonbilly

Awards
Kara/Lena, Alex/Maggie, Winn/Mon-El.

That's all I have to say about that.

Lonbilly

Awards
[video=youtube;Vg5VOz87qB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg5VOz87qB8[/video]

This season has been pretty on point thus far but damn, did this scene and the one right before it with Alex REALLY hit close to home.

Roxie1563

Awards
[video=youtube;Vg5VOz87qB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg5VOz87qB8[/video]

This season has been pretty on point thus far but damn, did this scene and the one right before it with Alex REALLY hit close to home.

I agree! They sold it good and I like how Alex is trying to explain to Kara that she is gay, that she really likes Maggie alot. While Maggie is right about people having different feelings when they come out, I was at a loss when Maggie tries to tell Alex about it and Alex just break down.

I'm wanting to see more of this because I'm invested in it for the long haul. But now with Mon El taken, it's going to be all hands on deck to find him before Flash comes over to her world for help in the epic four shows crossover!

Zero Sora

Awards
Sooo, are we gonna talk about the fact that Kara basically just confirmed Batman exists, and has worked with Superman before?

I don't remember them confirming Batman exists this episode. However, they did confirm Gotham exists in episode 1. I don't remember exactly when, but something happens and a guy says "I'm moving back to Gotham". So yeah, that pretty much already confirmed Batman's existence. I still have no idea what you're talking about though

Roxie1563

Awards
I don't remember them confirming Batman exists this episode. However, they did confirm Gotham exists in episode 1. I don't remember exactly when, but something happens and a guy says "I'm moving back to Gotham". So yeah, that pretty much already confirmed Batman's existence. I still have no idea what you're talking about though

Really? It was kind of on the nose when Kara mentioned that her cousin used to work with Batman by saying it was a vigilante with many gadgets and tons of demons in him.

Have you not seen this episode yet, Zero? If not, I'd get right to it. :p

Zero Sora

Awards
Oh right. I rewatched that scene, and yeah, it does point to Batman. The first time I watched the episode I just never really gave much thought to what Kara was saying at the time. Funny how I missed something some obvious.

Roxie1563

Awards
Oh right. I rewatched that scene, and yeah, it does point to Batman. The first time I watched the episode I just never really gave much thought to what Kara was saying at the time. Funny how I missed something some obvious.

Yeah, funny. :p

Anyway, it's time for Invasion that will take us to a wild trip filled with epic moments! Tomorrow night is the start of it with Supergirl then Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. Finally, we will have the TV version of the Justice League and I couldn't be more happy about it. :D

Hania22

Melissa Benoist who plays Supergirl is very likable. She plays an amazing Kara Danvers. Reminds me of the way Christopher Reeves use to do Clarke Kent; Those same nerdy overtones. All in all the show is a lot like the old Lois & Clarke from the early 90s (fitting that Dean Cain should make an appearance as the stepfather). It's quirky and light without taking itself too seriously. For some reason directors want to make all the new superhero shows/ movies dark and very serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back