• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Watch the KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Opening!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirokey123

Awards
BUT if we do get rescuing Aqua out of the way then she can play a larger role in KH3 perhaps as a Kairi traveling companion.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The Castle looks an awful lot like Cinderella's Castle from Disney World but it can also be an upgraded Sleeping Beauty's Castle(Disneyland).

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
They took a lot of artistic liberties with the events of BbS and whatnot, but it's still absolutely fantastic.

I noticed they went out of their way to line up the lyrics with what's happening sometimes. Like at the end when she shields Ven and Terra and they're reaching out to her, it's the "Please, oh baby! Don't go!" line. And there are plenty of others.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I just love all of this. I also really love how MX looks. I also loved TAV reuniting at the end. And getting separated again. And how Sora saves Aqua. Oh, and Mickey.

Can somebody free me

Seeing MX like that just reminded me again why I want to bash his face in, lol. That damn life-destroying old fart!!!

I loved the way Geezernort sat there like "where's my popcorn, heh?"
And yes, the flying scene is adorable.

He's like the typical stylish evil Overlord in that scene, it even reminded me of Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious a little.

Seeing such a scene reinforces my views as to why I like the TAV-Trio despite all the admittedly existing flaws the actual BBS had.
There's also hope that they're handled better in this one and KH III itself.

[video=youtube;vBLXhx9vdHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBLXhx9vdHg[/video]

The whole area seems to be based off this.

tumblr_ofprkmAnC71ugvzu5o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ofpqmh8pWI1ugvzu5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ofpqmh8pWI1ugvzu5o1_1280.jpg

imo anyway.

it seems to me that it is using the disney logo castle to symbolize all the disney worlds falling to darkness in a single image

You're right indeed, and I agree with the symbolism you propose. It fits with the theme of having every other entry in the series represented somehow. KH 1 is represented by this montage, Days/KH2 with the first montage of the thirteen thrones. Mickey coming out of nowhere to shield Aqua may represent Coded, as he did a similar feat against Sora's Heartless there while the second appearance of the thrones and MX with the "look-at-my-pretty-ball-of-darkness"-smirk represents DDD superimposed over the finale of BBS, with Aqua losing Ven and Terra again and falling into darkness.

Pfft, roflmao, I really didn't notice that on the small Youtube-screen, but it fits with the actual full symbolism I think this scene is meant to convey.

That was incredible and god I hope this hints the final fight 0.2 will be Aqua and Mickey vs her memories of those two.

That's actually quite a probable development as Ventus-Vanitas and Terra-Xehanort were not only both Aqua's final bosses in BBS itself, they also symbolize both Aqua's greatest fear and regret.

Bonus points if a version of Xehanort himself is actually involved behind the scenes trying to break Aqua's spirit via her own memories.

Who knows, maybe defeating these "memory-phantoms" is actually what eventually causes the Kingdom Key D to appear?
Ventus-Vanitas is wielding the Proto-X-blade after all, not Wayward Wind nor Void Gear.

I just see it as reference to BBS' Ending

That's actually what it is.
The scenery is the final battle of BBS and Aqua (together with Mickey) "freeing" Terra and Ven from Xehanort's and Vanitas' control symbolizes that indeed, in BBS Aqua "saved" Terra and Ven but then loses them again because Xehanort himself was not defeated, only delayed for some time.
She saved Ven but "lost" him again due to his heart being heavily damaged. She saved Terra but lost him again due to not being capable to return from the Darkness together with him.
Notice how Aqua (and her wayfinder) fall back into Darkness? That symbolizes he actual fall into the Darkness itself as a callback to the beginning.

MX being there with the 13 thrones is also a deliberate symbolism and parallel to what is learned in DDD, showing symbolically what BBS' whole story and the "changed fates" of TAV were in the end really about: One stepping stone in Xehanort's grand scheme.

This is followed by the last scene with Sora reaching for Aqua, further connecting the past (BBS), present (DDD and 0.2) and future (KH III) together.

i think it's just artistic license for the opening.

That's what I'm thinking as well. The imagery also deliberately puts together elements from the whole KH series to symbolize everything coming together for KH III and the very probable fact that Aqua's adventure/journey in the Deark realm takes place parallel to the events of KH 1-CoM/Days-KH2-Coded-DDD in the Realms of Light and In-Between.

limit

OH SWEET LAWDY IT LOOKS SO DIDDLYING GORGEOUS LEGITIMATELY FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW AAAAAAA

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
This is definitely my favorite OP since KH2 (which I also have fond memories of watching on YouTube following the Japanese release). The imagery is stunning and the connection between Aqua and Sora is presented as this emotional through line so that we're already anticipating their meeting and what it's going to mean for Aqua. I think that's the most beautiful thing about this cinematic. It places Aqua firmly in the central role and defines her journey as it played out for her, rather than as an extension of other characters' (Sora's, Terra's, Mickey's) arcs. It also does a great job of expressing the range of her character: pensive and somewhat lonely, but proud to be a part of something bigger than herself; also a pure badass Keyblade master when necessary, and willing to go to any length to protect her friends. The scene where she shields Terra and Ven with magic and slowly drifts away from them with a sad smile...I mean, might be OK in a little while.

Also way to reinvigorate my Ray of Hope Remix habit Square. I spent weeks trying to kick it with Fantôme. Now I need this track all the time.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Seeing such a scene reinforces my views as to why I like the TAV-Trio despite all the admittedly existing flaws the actual BBS had.
There's also hope that they're handled better in this one and KH III itself.

That's exactly what I thought about it. Even though their friendship was handled awfully in BBS, I always liked TAV as a trio and I hope so so so much that they will be treated better from now on. This opening is like a....ray of hope, so to say. :)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
the biggest thing hurting TAV as a trio + development, imo, was the need for them to fit in a prequel where all their stories ended tragically. so characters had to act dumb or uncommunicative in order to make the plot work. but, free of that, i think they'd have a really good chance of becoming a well developed trio in kh3 and on.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
this biggest thing hurting TAV as a trio + development, imo, was the need for them to fit in a prequel where all their stories ended tragically. so characters had to act dumb or uncommunicative in order to make the plot work. but, free of that, i think they'd have a really good chance of becoming a well developed trio in kh3 and on.

I think the problem was rather the way that their ending came for them.
Like, there would have been ways to achieve the same outcome without having them feel like strangers throughout the whole game if SE had tried hard enough. Scenes like on the stairs in Castle of Dreams are a bit too much of cringe and "we're best friends but don't even talk to each other or consider traveling together HEH" for my liking.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
It's so beautifuuuul like just... the graphics... are beyond gorgeous and Aqua looks so beautiful and I just loved everything about it and this gives me life. Also that Sora reaching out to Aqua scene just. Yes. 0.2 is going to be so amazing and I might not survive it.

Lord Sora

Awards
It is absolutely gorgeous! Every slight detail is amazing and I felt a little bit inside me die. The only thing bothering me is how on earth does Venitas suddenly have blue eyes. I'm not quite getting that. But other than that CAN'T WAIT!

Foxycian

Awards
that Ending left me in cliffhanger, they better make sora save her in kh 0.2 and not in kh3 i want them to meet soo bad:,(

Muke

whatever
Awards
I feel like they are just teasing us and she'll actually get saved in KH3 (even though idk how they'd time that).
I'm sure there'll be a cliffhanger at the end of 0.2

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I feel like they are just teasing us and she'll actually get saved in KH3 (even though idk how they'd time that).
I'm sure there'll be a cliffhanger at the end of 0.2

I think so, too. I kinda don't see her getting out just yet.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I think so, too. I kinda don't see her getting out just yet.
Yup. ^-^
Also, I just feel like they'd purposefully wait for such a major event to happen in a "bigger" game, so that more people buy it and stuff. It just seems to me like 0.2 isn't the right game to show how Aqua gets saved in the end. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back