• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What will be Skuld's and Ephemera's role be in Kingdom Hearts 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Re: What will be Skuld's and Ephemera's role be in Kingdom Hearts 3?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?

ooor we could forget about Xion like everyone else in game did and let Naminé take her place! :p
(I know, I know... this is an act of pure evil. :'D)

I would be fine with that. I don't hate Xion or anything, I just want to see more Namine. But idk, does she really need a trio? She could definitely use some friends, but maybe one would be enough. She could become best buddies with Roxas, Lea can go play with people his own age. Ooor maybe if Xion is going to come back, then she might as well befriend Namine. Or Skuld, if she isn't a granma by now. I agree that I'd love to see more girl bonding in KH. Like maybe Ava and Invi being friends. Skuld could join them too, she was picked by Ava to join the secret cool kid club after all.

Vmkblaster1

Take it easy mate we're glad to see people interested in the series and happy to see activity on the site. With that said, putting them many exclamation/question marks at the end of the thread titles/your sentences won't make them any more important, only a bit more difficult to read. =)

Anyways back to the topic at hand :D

oh okay... So sorry if I sounded mean.., I was just frustrated cause I heard this before... I will stop with the exclamation points and question marks!! Thanks!!!!!!!!

No, don't worry! If you don't see a similar topic on the first or second page please feel free to make a topic with your idea. :)

Thank you! You are so nice!!!! Can I add you?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Re: What will be Skuld's and Ephemera's role be in Kingdom Hearts 3?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?

Please try not to double post. :D
(mod-wannabe, i know :C)

Luxu

Awards

As for what their role in Kingdom Hearts III will be, who really knows? I'm deeply convinced that they'll be in it, of course, but it's difficult to say just what might happen with them. If we knew more about KHIII itself, it would probably be easier to choose a likely place they'll appear or what their role might be:)

I wonder how Yin Sid would react if they are brought to him. "Yeah these kids claim to be older than you...And any worlds."

I just hope that one of them seriously punches Xehanort in the face, for even considering creating another Keyblade War--because they know firsthand just how devastating one is.

How about all three punch him in the face? Only one of them has a good reason, but Ephemera and Skuld would out of "This almost killed our friend, and it killed many others. As well as Ava who we hold dear"

And if they do another Man Behind the Man thing (how I pray that they won't, though!), where the Master of Masters or Luxu (or both) was pulling Xehanort's strings all along, you can bet that they'll be a part of that reveal, I would say.

With Luxu most likely being dead, and seemingly innocent, I would think the MoM who vanished without a trace. Maybe the MoM is using someone else as a vessel?

Also, there's this theory going around Tumblr (that I don't believe, but I almost want it to be true for the change of pace it would provide) that Ephemer and Skuld are actually Xehanort and Eraqus' parents (though obviously Xehanort and Eraqus wouldn't be aware that they're actual brothers), because Ephemer and Skuld together have all the traits that could make those two's appearances up. So on the microscopically slim chance that that actually ends up being true, then I imagine that Ephemer and Skuld would only be in flashbacks in III (as since Xehanort, canonly, is supposed to be quite old, they should probably no longer be around, if they're his parents and therefore even older than he is).

Question is from who? Xehanort? A Foreteller suddenly appearing?

And as for Player, I have no idea. I still don't know for sure if Nomura's going to do something with them and develop them, or not. I really hope so, actually! Because I've come to like Player, and it's starting to seem like they're important (and if Player would end up being a girl, that would just be so very magical--because for once we'd actually have a friendship between girls play out on screen: Player and Skuld's), but who really knows what will end up happening with them? Tbh, I feel like they'll probably die and not be in III for that reason, or they are Ventus... which I really don't want to be the case, but meh.

The Player really needs a name, just saying. But if the Player is female, that not only would be fresh from the usual formula, but would be nice to see. Hell, at this point they could be Ventus. As everyone (almost) loves Ventus, adding the "He is us" formula would certainly give us a reason to care about his story and lore more.

What if Ava is a Seeker of Darkness? She is said to be the traitor after all...

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

What if Ava is a Seeker of Darkness? She is said to be the traitor after all...
we dont know that yet it want reveal yet we know until we watch backcover

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

So, this is really getting off topic, but I always sort of preferred the idea of Naminé sort of belonging with two trios (sort of making them a quartet at times in that way)--with the Destiny and Sea Salt trios, I mean, because she has connections/friendships with all six of those people.

And Naminé in general is a breath of fresh air, in that even though she really should be able to use a Keyblade, so far she hasn't been able to.

At this point, Naminé's kind of the most original person that this series has in a lot of ways. And I kind of want them to keep it that way, but that's probably just me.

@gosoxtim I know the theory isn't very likely, but it is one that I still enjoy;) Mainly because this series doesn't do familial relationships at all, and I think if Nomura ever were to decide to start including them... Well, there'd be no better time than now to do so--seeing as how the universe in Chi was destroyed, and so some of the people who miraculously survived had to have children that distantly connect to the characters that we know today.

And about the Player being a girl thing... I've thought that would make the most sense, ever since Ava snuck into Player's room that one time (if Player is a guy, and if anyone had caught Ava doing that, it could have come off as problematic), but we all know that Player will end up being a guy, unfortunately:/

But I really do want a girl-girl-boy trio (more girl friendships in this franchise ftw), because lately I do think Nomura's learning from a lot of his past mistakes. And I hope he likewise realizes that not all trios in this series have to be boy-boy-girl to force a connection between them all. I mean, a boy and girl can be compared to each other: just look at Sora and Aqua!

Oh my gosh, Luxu. You made me laugh in imagining Master Yen Sid reacting to such a scene. LOL.

DefiantHeart

Awards

So, this is really getting off topic, but I always sort of preferred the idea of Naminé sort of belonging with two trios (sort of making them a quartet at times in that way)--with the Destiny and Sea Salt trios, I mean, because she has connections/friendships with all six of those people.

And Naminé in general is a breath of fresh air, in that even though she really should be able to use a Keyblade, so far she hasn't been able to.

At this point, Naminé's kind of the most original person that this series has in a lot of ways. And I kind of want them to keep it that way, but that's probably just me.

@gosoxtim I know the theory isn't very likely, but it is one that I still enjoy;) Mainly because this series doesn't do familial relationships at all, and I think if Nomura ever were to decide to start including them... Well, there'd be no better time than now to do so--seeing as how the universe in Chi was destroyed, and so some of the people who miraculously survived had to have children that distantly connect to the characters that we know today.

And about the Player being a girl thing... I've thought that would make the most sense, ever since Ava snuck into Player's room that one time (if Player is a guy, and if anyone had caught Ava doing that, it could have come off as problematic), but we all know that Player will end up being a guy, unfortunately:/

But I really do want a girl-girl-boy trio (more girl friendships in this franchise ftw), because lately I do think Nomura's learning from a lot of his past mistakes. And I hope he likewise realizes that not all trios in this series have to be boy-boy-girl to force a connection between them all. I mean, a boy and girl can be compared to each other: just look at Sora and Aqua!

Oh my gosh, Luxu. You made me laugh in imagining Master Yen Sid reacting to such a scene. LOL.

Yeah, it would be nice to see a difference in the trio gender make-up. :3 My fan fic actually has a trio that's girl-girl-boy. XD It would be interesting if the player did turn out to be female, that would be a change of pace for the main character usually being male. XD Though yeah chu right, player will probably turn out male...

Luxu

Awards

Yeah, it would be nice to see a difference in the trio gender make-up. :3 My fan fic actually has a trio that's girl-girl-boy. XD It would be interesting if the player did turn out to be female, that would be a change of pace for the main character usually being male. XD Though yeah chu right, player will probably

If the Player is a girl, that would be awesome. But, a result would be Ephemera being shipped with >Player<. And the Player's name would have to be based on the future, with Skuld being the past, Ephemera being the present. Or the Player could have a name based on light. Anyway, I think it would be welcomed and the Player might become a liked character simply because they are us.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

The Player does not need to show up outside of KHx/KHUx, nor do they need a canon name, gender or appearance.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

If the Player is a girl, that would be awesome. But, a result would be Ephemera being shipped with >Player<. And the Player's name would have to be based on the future, with Skuld being the past, Ephemera being the present. Or the Player could have a name based on light. Anyway, I think it would be welcomed and the Player might become a liked character simply because they are us.

why wouldn't the player be shipped with ephemer if they were male lol

you have seen this fanbase right?

Muke

whatever
Awards

The Player does not need to show up outside of KHx/KHUx, nor do they need a canon name, gender or appearance.
After all they've been through, I do think the player deserves it.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

After all they've been through, I do think the player deserves it.
After everything actual players have done, seeing themselves in this game, getting to play as a Keyblade Wielder themselves, having the Player be turned into one single canon existence that no longer represents them and thus making every single individual person's playthrough non-canon, is a mistake, and does nothing to honour the player or the concept of The Player as someone you are.

Unless they devise some system where people can upload their KHUx avatars into the games and have them be represented accurately, I believe it's an utter mistake to make a "canon Player".

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

After everything actual players have done, seeing themselves in this game, getting to play as a Keyblade Wielder themselves, having the Player be turned into one single canon existence that no longer represents them and thus making every single individual person's playthrough non-canon, is a mistake, and does nothing to honour the player or the concept of The Player as someone you are.

Unless they devise some system where people can upload their KHUx avatars into the games and have them be represented accurately, I believe it's an utter mistake to make a "canon Player".
Which, ironically, would mean the Player's existence in non-Chi games and even Back Cover would be reduced to a handful of references from other characters.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, especially if it's meant to appease the kind of priorities that you presented. It's just funny to me.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Which, ironically, would mean the Player's existence in non-Chi games and even Back Cover would be reduced to a handful of references from other characters.
I mean, do people really expect more than references in BC? The whole idea of BC is that it's not from the Player's side lol (most likely to avoid having to canonize the player lol).

It's either your personal KH character's actions reverberate through the series and through other characters. Or your personal KH character is wiped from existence completely, and replaced with a Canon Character that no longer represents you. Personally, the former is better to me, and more interesting.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Ephemer: The battle-scarred Keyblade Wielder. (Events of X may have made him battle-scarred) Skuld: The Key to Return Hearts. (Her name origin of a Norse god may hold significance to her role). Plus, they were both present on the X 3rd Anniversary Artwork. That's clearly intentional for a reason outside of celebrating X...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back