• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FangirlfromHell's Sketch Journal!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
This will be updated whenever a new sketch actually reaches 'completion'. It means that if something is a completed concept and not garbage to my own eyes I will share it. Decided I'll just update this one instead of making new threads for various projects. This will only apply to sketches. Fully colored and inked art will get their own thread in the future.

pride_lands_draft_by_the_sillly_orca-dao6191.jpg

This sketch is Terra and Ven in Pride Lands. Terra was originally to be either a jackal or hyena but I wanted another cat so I chose the leopard which fits his build without being a lion (over used! There are other animals!) Ven is still getting used to walking on fours and Terra is teasing him. The next segment would be Terra carrying Ven by his scruff. Anyone have a suggestion for Aqua?

I linked this from my own deviantART page The-Silly-Orca, that is why there is a watermark on it.

Last edited:

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Cute! I'm not very good at drawing animals myself... nor anything for that matter. Keep up the great work! :3

Aww, thank you. It took me a long time to get to this point. I may post the finished version at some point ^-^

The best way I find to improve drawing is to start out studying how a character looks and try copying it from the canon, then start adding things or ways that you like better. I've learned one thing: An artist usually detests their own work. At least I do most of the time. It's why hearing things like your comment make my day.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
That looks nice!!!! Good job! To suggest for Aqua, maybe either a lion or a blue bird (get it? Hades and you know er- nevermind).

DefiantHeart

Awards
Aww, thank you. It took me a long time to get to this point. I may post the finished version at some point ^-^

The best way I find to improve drawing is to start out studying how a character looks and try copying it from the canon, then start adding things or ways that you like better. I've learned one thing: An artist usually detests their own work. At least I do most of the time. It's why hearing things like your comment make my day.

I know whatchu mean, when one person commented on my gallery here, I felt a bit better about my drawings. Wish more people would comment in my gallery then just one, but I guess that's all I deserve, lol.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
That looks nice!!!! Good job! To suggest for Aqua, maybe either a lion or a blue bird (get it? Hades and you know er- nevermind).

I do get the joke XD I think even Braig called her bluebird. I think Aqua should be a lioness. Once time for a cracky idea I made her an elephant. She was carrying Terra in her trunk with a scowl on her face and little cub Ven sitting on her head XD I may have to revisit that idea and actually draw it.

Seriousness though, I think it might be a good idea to post the finished version. Then I'll add Aqua to a separate drawing since she isn't definate yet.

DefiantHeart

Awards
I do get the joke XD I think even Braig called her bluebird. I think Aqua should be a lioness. Once time for a cracky idea I made her an elephant. She was carrying Terra in her trunk with a scowl on her face and little cub Ven sitting on her head XD I may have to revisit that idea and actually draw it.

Seriousness though, I think it might be a good idea to post the finished version. Then I'll add Aqua to a separate drawing since she isn't definate yet.

Heh, sounds like an interesting drawing, can't wait to see it. :3

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Good luck! Also Aqua as an elephant would be definitely interesting to see too. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back