• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the Final Trailer of KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirokey123

Awards
The novels are the ones that stated he didn't have a face nothing official. Again though what you say doesn't actually contradict the possibility that the only one who sees that face is Ventus. Sora connects to Ventus and when Ventus looks at Vanitas he sees Sora, have Riku connect to Ventus instead and Vanitas would look like Riku to Ventus instead. What Nomura said would remain true, because at the end of the day we've only ever seen Vanitas's face through Ven's eyes. We don't have any evidence that states Vanitas looks like that to everyone, not official or in-game. I'm not saying that's the case just that it's a possibility that can't be shut down until we see Vanitas through someone other than Ven's eyes.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not sure if it's "novel-lore" and thus not definitely canon, but I think it has been stated that Vanitas didn't have a real face prior to the connection.

Nomura dis confirm definitely tho that Vanitas looks like whoever Ventus wouldve connected to shortly before he almost died. Which turned out to be Sora. So its no "Ventus sees him like that" or anything

That's what I've gathered as well.
I do know the face looking like a Heartless was in the novel, but I think the whole Vanitas didn't have a real face was general.

And you're right on the second bit, Nomura states: "And there is a reason that Vanitas looks like Sora. As Sora filled in Ventus' fractured heart, the fractured part (Vanitas) was effected by Sora and ended up with Sora's face. So if it had been Riku who had filled in Ventus' heart, Vanitas would have looked like Riku."

There's no "To Ventus only" mention.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
My mind is just going "0.2 is the length of one kh3 world" while we visit Castle of Dreams, Dwarf Woodlands, Enchanted Dominion, And now it seems Destiny Islands! How huge are these worlds going to be :D

Yeah, it kinda seems like KH3 is going to be massive. Which is nice, but I hope it doesn't become too long and drag out, I like my games compact and with good replay value. KH2 was already pushing it with the second visits to every world. 0.2 will probably be great though, I'm glad it's an actual game and not just a 5min demo.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
tumblr_ohvqcq4BUU1ugvzu5o1_1280.png

mouse cursor makes a cameo

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, it kinda seems like KH3 is going to be massive. Which is nice, but I hope it doesn't become too long and drag out, I like my games compact and with good replay value. KH2 was already pushing it with the second visits to every world. 0.2 will probably be great though, I'm glad it's an actual game and not just a 5min demo.

Seconded, KH II was a bit "slow" in that regard, just as its combat system was fast.
But I'm confident visits will be a bit more immersive and meaningful now.

...the speedruns tho. How long will those be?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
KH2.8 starring: Terra "talk to the hand" -Xehanort, sleepy Ventus, fabulous cat ear Aqua, bright sun called Sora, sassy Kairi, mysterious totally not evil suitcase, more suitcases, two versions of Riku, and also guest starring: random mouse, you know.. the other mouse.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
And DDD screenshots, cared by no one.
I swear they showed the 12 Xehanorts just to see if we cared about it, and they failed.

Hirokey123

Awards
I care about DDD but we already know everything about DDD at this point, two brand new stories are definitely way more interesting especially since at this point it looks like Backcover is just a flat out full on movie.

Muke

whatever
Awards
And DDD screenshots, cared by no one.
I swear they showed the 12 Xehanorts just to see if we cared about it, and they failed.
tbh why would anybody (who played through DDD) even care when we have 2 new entries

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Well, now we have change to test and see how a KH game runs officially in 60 fps so that makes me excited to play DDD again.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
well it seems they going kairi some development hoplfuly it cares into kh3

Muke

whatever
Awards
Of course I'll enjoy it too. Especially because I can replay it on the PS4 with 60 fps, but still, I'm just not as hyped, lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
new we wait for more news from nomura noon japan time that is 9:00 pm ct my time i think

Hirokey123

Awards
So I can't really screenshot but in the area that Mickey is first seen as a party member is anyone else weirded out how intensely bright that area is? Like this is the realm of darkness right? So why does it look like we're exploring a beautiful cave opening up into some intensely sunny area? Think maybe that's part of Destiny Islands and it's gimmick/notable thing is that it's super ridiculously bright like a sunny day in the realm of light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back