• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Character Customization in KHIII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
So, I'm sure we've all seen the final trailer for 2.8: FCP by now. Thus, I'm sure we're all aware of the customization option that is present on 0.2.

To summarize, for those who may not have seen it (somehow), players can customize Aqua's attire in "a fragmentary passage", by changing the colour of her clothes, adding patterns, and visual accessories to the head, upper arms, and back. If you've played it, think about how Lightning Returns let you alter outfits. If you need a visual example, you can see the trailer here.

Anyway, to the question I wish to pose: would you like to see this sort of customization in Kingdom Hearts III?

Personally, I'd very much like to see this follow through into III - particularly for the triumphantly-returning Drive Forms. From what little we saw of the two new Drive Forms (Power and Guard?), while not bad, they do look a little... plain. So I'd love to be able to openly change the way each individual Drive Form looks by adding new colours, patterns and accessories that you could, say, unlock by completing quests or beating certain enemies, or simply buying them from shops with Munny.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
0.2 is peety much a taste of kh3 so yeah the customization will be in kh3

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I like the idea of worlds giving you unique customization's once you beat them.

Like from the Hercules world you'll get a Greek Helmet and something i think would be really cool,an item that gives you a God Aura.

Frozen you'll get a scarf etc.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
a lot of its probably going to be dlc. truthfully i just want A. a wide variety so players can express themselves or B. sweet ass keyblade armor i can wear all the time.

terra looked like a super cool kh batman and i could only see him like that once in the story, the rest of the time he was in a muscle shirt and dress with suspenders like a nerd.

SomeKHFan

Awards
Am I the only one who would want Sephiroth's angel wing as an accesory for customisation?

DefiantHeart

Awards
Course I'd love to see customization in KH III. :3 One of my thoughts was that they might allow us to transfer the costumes we get in unchained x over to KH III, that way we'd have a keepsake once unchained x has to close servers when ish over.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Boy are a lot of cutscenes gotta lose their impact with the absurd shit Sora will be wearing. Gives me Dead Rising flashbacks just thinking about it.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
I like the idea of worlds giving you unique customization's once you beat them.

Like from the Hercules world you'll get a Greek Helmet and something i think would be really cool,an item that gives you a God Aura.

Frozen you'll get a scarf etc.

I like this idea; God Aura would be pretty awesome. I can picture the Super Saiyan jokes already... Maybe get a little pair of Baymax wings for clearing San Fransokyo? Can't think of what kind of item you'd get from the Tangled world, though.

Am I the only one who would want Sephiroth's angel wing as an accesory for customisation?

Now that you've brought it up, I'm going to be so sad if that doesn't happen. Although I can just imagine a comic of Sora beating Sephiroth and taking his wing, but trying to fly with it and going in circles. "How do you steer this thing?!"

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i want to play a customize sora wearing a crown at the end of kh3

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Some ideas for DLC I have is Sora being able to wear the outfits of different FF protagonists. A recent example could be Sora wearing Noctis' suit

G-SANtos

Awards
You know, I was kind of expecting the multiplayer to allow you switch Sora's clothes between the KHII and KHIII outfits, and maybe also any world specific outfit, or even letting you play as KHI Kairi simply because they can.
But I wasn't expecting actual customization options in KHIII. But I guess that's a logical step after the KHIIFM crown. Now I'm wondering if during the game we'll be able to switch between Sora's KHII and KHIII clothes at will, and maybe if some of the Organization XIII members will get multiplayer-only casual clothes so we can see them wearing some other than the black coat. I also wonder if we'll get to switch Donald and Goofy to their Disey design clothes, or their Disney Castle uniforms.

Anyway, my bet is that Sora's crown from KHIIFM will an available item, as well as his Halloween Town and Christmas Town masks. Perhaps even those glasses and fake nose Sora was wearing during the tea party in KH3D. We may also get Final Fantasy inspired custom options like Snow's hat.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
So, I'm sure we've all seen the final trailer for 2.8: FCP by now. Thus, I'm sure we're all aware of the customization option that is present on 0.2.

To summarize, for those who may not have seen it (somehow), players can customize Aqua's attire in "a fragmentary passage", by changing the color of her clothes, adding patterns, and visual accessories to the head, upper arms, and back. If you've played it, think about how Lightning Returns let you alter outfits. If you need a visual example, you can see the trailer here.

Anyway, to the question I wish to pose: would you like to see this sort of customization in Kingdom Hearts III?

Personally, I'd very much like to see this follow through into III - particularly for the triumphantly-returning Drive Forms. From what little we saw of the two new Drive Forms (Power and Guard?), while not bad, they do look a little... plain. So I'd love to be able to openly change the way each individual Drive Form looks by adding new colours, patterns and accessories that you could, say, unlock by completing quests or beating certain enemies, or simply buying them from shops with Munny.

you beat me to the punch on this topic, but yours is better detailed.

Sally-boiii

Awards
I think it would pretty cool. And if they give buffs for the combinations too, that'd be awesome. So long as one doesn't have to look atrocious like in U [chi] to get perks then I am all for it.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I think it would be silly to have it in 2.8 and not have it in 3, so I'll just cut to the chase and talk about features I'd want the mode to have!

I really hope ultima-demi's idea of unlocking world-specific costumes is a great idea, either by clearing a world or by finding stuff in chests. It strikes me as possible that Aqua in 2.8 will get all her customization stuff at once - though I hope not - but I hope KH3 goes in the opposite direction. I hope they go beyond that too, though, like maybe in Twilight Town you can find a few costumes from worlds not featured in the game?

I definitely hope we can customize Donald and Goofy, that seems like the next obvious step from customizing Sora, and it would also be nice if we could customize others just a little. Hercules is just begging to be outfitted in the marketing shill he had in the film! And even if you never control other characters like Ven or Riku, it'd be nice to stick mouse ears on their heads all the same for when they do show up. Honestly, while I'm not much for costume DLC, I love unlocking stuff like this (I mean, to me they feel so much more substancial than my 77th Potions and Ethers!), and as far as DLC goes, the more people they let you dress up, the more they'll be able to sell...

Last edited:

Caxinuld

Awards
Can't think of what kind of item you'd get from the Tangled world, though.
Why not get a massive blonde wig? Sora will look fabulous while slaying heartless! :D

This feature can also be expanded upon with DLC for outfits like Sora's older clothes or even costumes that give stat boosts or extra perks. For example, an Org Coat could make you more resistant to dark attacks. The idea of going treasure hunting for new customization pieces also sounds really cool & if they are placed in areas that need certain abilities, it would encourage players to unlock those abilities & go back to exploring the worlds they've already visited. As long as the characters don't need to look like garbage to become stronger, I'll be happy with the feature if the other ideas in this topic don't appear in KH3 or KH2.8.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Can't think of what kind of item you'd get from the Tangled world, though.
Flynn's satchel maybe?

I'm all for this. Like I said in the other thread I would love to dress Sora up in Hercule's Toga and replace Goofy's hat with Robin Hood's hat.

This opens up so many Disney collaborations as well. It reminds me of Kingdom Hearts 1 where you could find the Dalmatians despite there not being a world for them. It shows that even though you don't meet these characters, you still get the sense that they are out there somewhere.

And just watch the Aristocats become a world now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back