• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] Let me know if I got this right about MoM. (Speculation)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taidow

MoM created the division within his apprentices himself, that much is true. Now what i was wondering is, why? He has powers to see into the future thus why he created the Book of Prophecies. My speculation is that, could his powers have been limited to the point of the destruction of the original world due to the Keyblade War?

So his natural curiosity, made him wonder what truly came afterwards, thus why he made Luxu is real apprentice?

This is what I gathered from Back Cover with speculation.

> MoM has 6 apprentices.
> MoM sees into the future regarding the Keyblade War. The war failed and he couldn't see what the clash of 7 lights vs 13 darknesses.
> Maybe his future vision is limited to what his actual lifespan would be, so perhaps he doesn't see himself participating in the war and figures he will die thus the lights will be one less and destined to lose.
> Creates the Book of Prophecies to set the course for the inevitable war and uses 5 of his apprentices.
> The Master uses his Keyblade and releases his heart and stores it in the box, leaving his shell (Nobody) behind, thus why he must hide in the black cloak.
> He then uses his powers to transfer his eyes/will into the the eye which he places in the keyblade.
> He then gives his apprentice, Luxu the keyblade.
> Events play out, the cloaked MoM (Nobody) kills himself (disappears).

So then after the Keyblade War failed out to bring Kingdom Hearts, which he told his apprentices to not do, maybe since he knew they would fail anyway, he waits out for the 2nd chance.

Time passes, Luxu's apprentices pass on the Keyblade down and down again, whom the MoM's heartless living as the eye watching over each apprentice until it finds one it can use. Meanwhile, the box is hidden until it is time.

Centuries pass and the Keyblade wielder ends up being Xehanort's Master, the Master dies, and young Xehanort is taken in by Eraqus' master. The Keyblade is hung on the wall as a sign of respect to the fallen Master. Time passes, and since Xehanort is branded with the "x" sigil, the Eye calls out to his darkness. The eye bestows upon him the wishes/will of MoM and uses him as a vessel.

So MoM uses Xehanort as the starting point of the second Keyblade War so that way he could fulfill the desire of what comes after the successful clash of the 7 vs 13 and brings about Kingdom Hearts.

We all know that Xehanort used the "x" sigil to brand what would become his other host bodies. But one has to think, who branded Xehanort himself as a potential vessel? Luxu was probably the first candidate but his life span probably wasn't enough time for MoM's ambition to come to fruition.

The next question is what will come next? I think it is a possibility that Master Xehanort will finally open that black box due to MoM influence and out will come MoM's heart and it will split into the 13 hosts.

This could also explain why Xehanort is so well versed in time travel, and that because MoM did it himself so he could start the 2nd Keyblade War and reap the benefits of winning.

I probably missed a few plot points and ruined the speculation. I don't think this is the last time, we will see MoM, and who knows maybe he's the true final boss of the "Xehanort Saga"

Last edited by a moderator:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
MoM created the division within his apprentices himself, that much is true. Now what i was wondering is, why? He has powers to see into the future thus why he created the Book of Prophecies. My speculation is that, could his powers have been limited to the point of the destruction of the original world due to the Keyblade War?

So his natural curiosity, made him wonder what truly came afterwards, thus why he made Luxu is real apprentice?

This is what I gathered from Back Cover with speculation.

> MoM has 6 apprentices.
> MoM sees into the future regarding the Keyblade War. The war failed and he couldn't see what the clash of 7 lights vs 13 darknesses.
> Maybe his future vision is limited to what his actual lifespan would be, so perhaps he doesn't see himself participating in the war and figures he will die thus the lights will be one less and destined to lose.
> Creates the Book of Prophecies to set the course for the inevitable war and uses 5 of his apprentices.
> The Master uses his Keyblade and releases his heart and stores it in the box, leaving his shell (Nobody) behind, thus why he must hide in the black cloak.
> He then uses his powers to transfer his eyes/will into the the eye which he places in the keyblade.
> He then gives his apprentice, Luxu the keyblade.
> Events play out, the cloaked MoM (Nobody) kills himself (disappears).

So then after the Keyblade War failed out to bring Kingdom Hearts, which he told his apprentices to not do, maybe since he knew they would fail anyway, he waits out for the 2nd chance.

Time passes, Luxu's apprentices pass on the Keyblade down and down again, whom the MoM's heartless living as the eye watching over each apprentice until it finds one it can use. Meanwhile, the box is hidden until it is time.

Centuries pass and the Keyblade wielder ends up being Xehanort's Master, the Master dies, and young Xehanort is taken in by Eraqus' master. The Keyblade is hung on the wall as a sign of respect to the fallen Master. Time passes, and since Xehanort is branded with the "x" sigil, the Eye calls out to his darkness. The eye bestows upon him the wishes/will of MoM and uses him as a vessel.

So MoM uses Xehanort as the starting point of the second Keyblade War so that way he could fulfill the desire of what comes after the successful clash of the 7 vs 13 and brings about Kingdom Hearts.

We all know that Xehanort used the "x" sigil to brand what would become his other host bodies. But one has to think, who branded Xehanort himself as a potential vessel? Luxu was probably the first candidate but his life span probably wasn't enough time for MoM's ambition to come to fruition.

The next question is what will come next? I think it is a possibility that Master Xehanort will finally open that black box due to MoM influence and out will come MoM's heart and it will split into the 13 hosts.

This could also explain why Xehanort is so well versed in time travel, and that because MoM did it himself so he could start the 2nd Keyblade War and reap the benefits of winning.

I probably missed a few plot points and ruined the speculation. I don't think this is the last time, we will see MoM, and who knows maybe he's the true final boss of the "Xehanort Saga"

Umm... wow, a lot to unpack here.

First off, a lot of this stuff you're claiming as based fact is actually speculation itself. The keyblade war didn't "fail" at all, it succeeded in killing everyone (I guess)?, but you must also remember that the master of masters didn't necessarily long for the end of the world. Just like what he told Ava, he wants to preserve keyblade wielders for the world after, and he realizes that the end of the world is inevitable. He needs Luxu there so that he can see what lies beyond it for his book of prophecies.

Disappearing doesn't mean killing himself, and none of the stuff about the master turning himself into a nobody has been even slightly confirmed. That's all fan speculation. Unless there's something in a character section or something on the main menu that I'm missing?

The keyblade war doesn't seem like it was actually fought explicitly over kingdom hearts itself, that was an element that was sought out by Gula himself as a response to the master disappearing, and in the process the darkness of the war destroyed the X-Blade and plunged kingdom hearts into darkness. Not to say that it wasn't involved, just that it wasn't explicitly fought over at all. There's not even a mention of it in the mobile or browser games.

Wait wait wait, what is all of this backstory about the master of Xehanort dying and then Xehanort being taken in anew by a new master? There is no evidence at all that his first master wasn't the same one as Eraqus', he was taken in right after he returns from the events in Dream Drop Distance.

Also, don't mean to trample your theory wholeheartedly here, but Master of Masters is already confirmed NOT to be in Kingdom Hearts III, so his involvement is pretty much an impossibility by this point considering it was explicitly told that he was not involved in the future story. Not saying Nomura hasn't broken his own rules before, but he's so blunt in his latest interview that I'd say it's hard to interpret anything else from his quotes.

Taidow

Ah okay, I guess I should have made a better line between what I understood from the cutscenes and how I tried to piece things together.

Is the Master really all that trustworthy though? After a certain point it felt like he was lying to all of them. Him and Luxu being in cloaks really puzzles me though.

I guess I should have read further into the interviews and lore before posting. So, if MoM has no role in KH3, what is really his point in having the eye if his book of prophecies ends at the Keyblade War?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Uh guys, SPOILER tags please!

Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Kartoffelpuffer

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Vasquez

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Ah okay, I guess I should have made a better line between what I understood from the cutscenes and how I tried to piece things together.

Is the Master really all that trustworthy though? After a certain point it felt like he was lying to all of them. Him and Luxu being in cloaks really puzzles me though.

I guess I should have read further into the interviews and lore before posting. So, if MoM has no role in KH3, what is really his point in having the eye if his book of prophecies ends at the Keyblade War?

It's alright! This series is a lot to unpack, you've accomplished a lot even getting here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back