• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] KH2.8 discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Ah.... it's a great time to be alive.

Finished it yesterday. My thoughts are still churning.

I experienced no crashes. I saw one stutter in my playthrough and I heard others had one more more stutters too. Sounds like they just need to work on their framerate.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It's almost like the Osaka team took common complaints about the franchise and tried to turn them on their head.

BBS vol. 2 should've been a thing? But of course, let's do that AND use it to showcase the series' next-gen direction.

Gameplay has been too easy? Well here ya go, have one of THE most difficult Proud mode experiences ever in 0.2.

Combat has too many forced gimmicks? Alright, any that we keep in the game are totally optional. (situation commands yo)

A lot of players love KH2 combat but also like other games' gimmicks? We'll incorporate both, seamlessly.

The cinematic features of the past 2 collections have been subpar and kinda boring? Screw that, we'll make Back Cover enjoyable.

Voice acting and direction has been questionable in quality? Here's an improved Willa Holland, the entirety of Back Cover, aND RAY CHASE'S MASTER OF MASTERS OH MY diddlyING GOD.

ahem.

My copy arrived rather late yesterday so I didn't finish either BC or 0.2 and I have yet to even touch DDD, but the experience has left me grinning like an idiot. I'm sure we'll all start picking hard on whatever flaws this game might have, but as of now, I'm very happy with everything.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
So I was reading through TV Tropes for BBS 0.2 and I came upon something I found somewhat strange and was wondering if anyone could clear this up for me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
So I was reading through TV Tropes for BBS 0.2 and I came upon something I found somewhat strange and was wondering if anyone could clear this up for me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
While that Troper's entry does make sense, nothing about that has been confirmed.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I am severely disappointed with 2.8 myself. Like, this is bottom tier for me and after finishing both BC and 0.2 I'm just kinda sad :/

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So uh

how the hell does goofy know the "may your heart be your guiding key" line? My best guess is he found it in the datascape, whether through the journal or code from sora's heart. He went within the datascape in re:coded and maleficent WAS looking there for the BoP which she seems to have found. Seems like exactly the kind of thing goofy would mistakenly stumble upon.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So uh

how the hell does goofy know the "may your heart be your guiding key" line? My best guess is he found it in the datascape, whether through the journal or code from sora's heart. He went within the datascape in re:coded and maleficent WAS looking there for the BoP which she seems to have found. Seems like exactly the kind of thing goofy would mistakenly stumble upon.
well Mickey said the same line in 0.2 to Aqua. Mickey could have just mentioned the quote to Donald and Goofy at some point in the ten years between BBS and KH1.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Well, he does say Yen Sid always told them before their adventures. I'm guessing while they were training as well or something

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Well, he does say Yen Sid always told them before their adventures. I'm guessing while they were training as well or something
Well yeah, except Donald said yen sid never mentioned the line once to them. Which means goofy either heard it from somewhere else orrrrr he is the master of masters

jk

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It's almost like the Osaka team took common complaints about the franchise and tried to turn them on their head.

BBS vol. 2 should've been a thing? But of course, let's do that AND use it to showcase the series' next-gen direction.

Gameplay has been too easy? Well here ya go, have one of THE most difficult Proud mode experiences ever in 0.2.

Combat has too many forced gimmicks? Alright, any that we keep in the game are totally optional. (situation commands yo)

A lot of players love KH2 combat but also like other games' gimmicks? We'll incorporate both, seamlessly.

The cinematic features of the past 2 collections have been subpar and kinda boring? Screw that, we'll make Back Cover enjoyable.

Voice acting and direction has been questionable in quality? Here's an improved Willa Holland, the entirety of Back Cover, aND RAY CHASE'S MASTER OF MASTERS OH MY diddlyING GOD.

ahem.

My copy arrived rather late yesterday so I didn't finish either BC or 0.2 and I have yet to even touch DDD, but the experience has left me grinning like an idiot. I'm sure we'll all start picking hard on whatever flaws this game might have, but as of now, I'm very happy with everything.

This. All of this. Have you noticed KH in general has been doing that lately though?

HD Collections are popular and fans want KH1 and 2 remastered? Forget that, we'll remaster EVERY game in the whole series.

Final Mix is Japan exclusive? Not anymore, everyone gets Final Mix now in the new remasters!

Kingdom Hearts Chi is Japan exclusive? Not anymore!

The lore in KH Chi is important for KH3 but not everyone is willing to play the mobile game? We're making a movie, y'all.

The KH series is still spread across too many systems? Boom, here's the entire series on PS4 AND in 60fps.

Seriously, after the release of DDD on the 3DS, I feel like Kingdom Hearts finally got its shit together after all these years.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Well yeah, except Donald said yen sid never mentioned the line once to them. Which means goofy either heard it from somewhere else orrrrr he is the master of masters

jk
Or, you know, Donald just forgot, maybe?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'd love to talk about this but I'm still stunned at how they managed to make the final boss of 0.2 the worst experience since the ruler of the skies. Worse than Unknown as Terra.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'd love to talk about this but I'm still stunned at how they managed to make the final boss of 0.2 the worst experience since the ruler of the skies. Worse than Unknown as Terra.
The Demon Tide was fantastic. I had to strategize and make use of every ability, attack, and spell I had to win. The only thing considered cheap is when they lock your items out at 2 bars of health.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The Demon Tide was fantastic. I had to strategize and make use of every ability, attack, and spell I had to win. The only thing considered cheap is when they lock your items out at 2 bars of health.

Sorry to say this, but a boss that rarely gives you an attack window, almost always chains you in an inevitable attack combi that definitely brings you down to 1 HP and gives you close to no indication as to when you should start and stop attacking is anything but "fantastic".

The first phase was okay. If you paid attention it was quite easily doable. But the second phase was just utter bullshit and if KH3 consists of such bosses it'll be the biggest disappointment in my life.

Hirokey123

Awards
Sorry to say this, but a boss that rarely gives you an attack window, almost always chains you in an inevitable attack combi that definitely brings you down to 1 HP and gives you close to no indication as to when you should start and stop attacking is anything but "fantastic".

The first phase was okay. If you paid attention it was quite easily doable. But the second phase was just utter bullshit and if KH3 consists of such bosses it'll be the biggest disappointment in my life.

Er it has a pretty obvious tell just before its eyes start to glow it will start to accelerate as both the long stream and as the tornado, that is your cue to stop attacking and either air dash or drop to the ground and start blocking. It gives you huge attack windows, heck once you're inside the tower it has to try and pull away from you because inside the tornado it can't hurt you. Likewise use shotlocks they clear away the shadows from the orb super fast and rip the HP of it down real quick. If you're outside the tornado don't move just sit and block, not block counter just block, and don't move until it slows down again. The Devil's tide has really long cool downs between its glowing phases. Devil's tide can't really chain you either as all its attacks have clear openings in them so even if you're hit it's pretty easy to recover, which was for me a pleasant surprise after Demon Tower where you really didn't have any recovery chance.

Muke

whatever
Awards

^^^^^ preach

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It's all about the pattern. In the second phase, he was vulnerable whenever he rarely moved. In the first phase, it was about the purple core. Whenever he charged or went into the ground, you guard. Cast magic from afar. He really isn't a big deal if you pay attention to the attack patterns.

edit: ninja'd by hirokey rip

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I beat 0.2 yesterday, and boy did they hit it out of the park this time! The gameplay (for the most part) is the best it's been in years, the visuals are gorgeous, the music is great as always, and even the plot was straightforward and interesting, and it makes me so excited for whats next! I only wish the game was longer, but that is to be expected for a prologue/demo.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm plan on watching Back Cover later today after I get home from work. Regardless, I am SO ready for this anniversary year and the eventual release of KH3! It's such a great time to be a fan even after playing this franchise for 15 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back