• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rumors: Toy Fair 2017 Diamond Select Toys Upcoming Kingdom Hearts Figure Line + Minifigures?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Until these are officially confirmed (pending license approval), take this as you will, but there may be more KH merchandise at Toy Fair 2017 than publicly displayed.

According to attendees of Toy Fair 2017, Diamond Select Toys (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Select_Toys) may be vying for the Kingdom Hearts license alongside other companies such as Pop Funko and Monogram.

Apparently, new Kingdom Hearts figurines were shown at Toy Fair of the following characters:

KH2 Sora
Axel
King Mickey
Roxas
Maleficent
Jafar (with Abu and Iago)
Shadow
Dusk
Creeper Plant

Photos were unfortunately not allowed but the figures were stated to retail at $24.99 (the figures would most likely be packaged with 2 or 3 together). They were said to be most comparable to the original 2-Set TOMY figures released back in 2002 (photos below), albeit I was told these new figures are much nicer:

MG76100Alg.jpg

Also, there were minifigures on display (examples below) of the following characters:

KH2 Sora
Donald
Goofy
Auron
Demyx
Jafar
Shadow
Tron
Sark
Avengers2MMgroup.jpg

Until photos or a confirmation are released, these remain another product of the rumor mill, but what would you guys think? Could this be a more affordable option for those looking for KH merchandise outside of SE's highly collectible (and highly priced) brands?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm game. Aside from the Funko Pops, this should be a nice middle ground in quality between Square's PAKs and those atrocious Domez things.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Who cares if it's Sora/Riku/Roxas/Mickey again, honestly. BUT HEY WE MIGHT GET DEMYX. (ugh)

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Hmm...this is an interesting rumor. I think it would be pretty fantastic if we got some new American action figures again if only to give us some variety. It would be pretty fantastic to get a cheap KH figure that isn't a Funko pop (despite my excitement for those).

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
There's something fishy about all these Kingdom Hearts toy licensing deals. I feel that it's intentionally leading up to something bigger...

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Saw "Minifigures" & was expecting lego peoples. Now I leave disappointed.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
There's something fishy about all these Kingdom Hearts toy licensing deals. I feel that it's intentionally leading up to something bigger...

Well, clearly people are becoming aware of the growing hype surrounding KH3 and the series as a whole, given that its the series' 15th anniversary this year. And now that 2.8 is out, 3 is on the horizon. And given that we're dealing with a Disney-owned property, toy deals and such are absolutely no surprise at all given that Disney has apparently finally decided to acknowledge KH as a property they own and can sell merchandise for.

I get what you mean though. All this merch and such, it makes you feel like the companies are releasing it now because they're in the know about something bigger and are releasing the merch to cash in on the hype of the thing they know that we don't.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm laughing at Demyx being the next original character to have a toy. (Not that I don't like Demyx but he certainly wouldn't have been my first choice.)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Someone on Facebook posted this picture. Apparently someone took pictures even though no pictures were allowed.

16864624_10154847902890042_8906265811085094297_n.jpg

Every single figure Kupo listed is in the photo, so it looks like this is now confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back