• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Retrospective

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
You got through that fast! I'm glad you enjoyed.

- This might be a reach, but I think Neverland could be connecting the way Roxas is being used by Xemnas to create KH to Pete using Hook to create his army. Hook follows the maps blindly (and repetitiously) the way Roxas blindly follows orders/missions--and what results from that. Maybe that's why the Neverland missions make a specific point of Roxas several times deciding to ignore helping Tink because the mission is more important; instead of discerning situations for himself, he does what he's told and furthers an evil goal.

I like this a lot, and from a series-wide perspective we can even apply it to Pete to a certain degree? Interesting.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Oh, and I forgot to say that I also thought of Mechanicles during the battle with the Antlion. I really wish KH would just go ahead and use the TV series' villains; then Agrabah could be immortal the same way as the Coliseum without being boring the way it has been.

Jumpyvonvagabond

The biggest offence with the text boxes in the HD movie is that fact that they glossed over the Xion and Roxas fight in Halloween Town like it was a tiny mistake. I find that absolutely ridiculous considering the impact it left on the two characters and how they would meet their fate at the end of the game.

I also agree that the camera sucked, especially if you locked onto a target and got forced into a corner and the tutorial was way too long, why couldn't everything be forced into fewer missions so players could get it over and done with quicker?

How is it that you're only flaw with the cinematic that a text box slightly covers a battle? I don't mean to be rude, but really? If Square is going to keep re-releasing the same games every year or so they should at least work on the games that never got remade! Square is getting really lazy with there Kingdom Hearts related stuff, but of course, I'll buy it all anyways

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
How is it that you're only flaw with the cinematic that a text box slightly covers a battle? I don't mean to be rude, but really? If Square is going to keep re-releasing the same games every year or so they should at least work on the games that never got remade! Square is getting really lazy with there Kingdom Hearts related stuff, but of course, I'll buy it all anyways

Extremely lazy, which is worrying me. Kingdom Hearts III better not disappoint.

Caxinuld

Awards
I hate to admit it, but I used to think Xion was pointless to the story. Although I never participated in the hate against her, I felt shame over agreeing with an opinion that fueled a lot of offensive attitudes after reading over the retrospective article sections that focused on suicide.

The gameplay should not have linked magic & leveling up to the panel system, which was just limiting the use of magic & the tedious nature of leveling up is meant to discourage grinding, but it doesn't matter when every enemy has health bars which are so long it feels like you're fighting against heartless & bosses in Critical Mode no matter which difficulty is chosen.

The plot suffered from Roxas' infantilization, which only made the game more & more irritating to play through. Over the past week, I' thought about how the character arc Roxas went through could be changed to make the link between Days & KH2 Roxas a better fit. The solution I propose may have worked for improving the Nobody seen in Days, but it would involve changing too much of KH2's plot, so I rejected the idea & gave up.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I hate to admit it, but I used to think Xion was pointless to the story. Although I never participated in the hate against her, I felt shame over agreeing with an opinion that fueled a lot of offensive attitudes after reading over the retrospective article sections that focused on suicide.

The gameplay should not have linked magic & leveling up to the panel system, which was just limiting the use of magic & the tedious nature of leveling up is meant to discourage grinding, but it doesn't matter when every enemy has health bars which are so long it feels like you're fighting against heartless & bosses in Critical Mode no matter which difficulty is chosen.

The plot suffered from Roxas' infantilization, which only made the game more & more irritating to play through. Over the past week, I' thought about how the character arc Roxas went through could be changed to make the link between Days & KH2 Roxas a better fit. The solution I propose may have worked for improving the Nobody seen in Days, but it would involve changing too much of KH2's plot, so I rejected the idea & gave up.

Yeah, every gameplay decision of Days seemed to be created specifically to discourage grinding it feels like. I'm playing on standard right now in the first third of the game and I swear the enemy health bars are getting ridiculous. I feel like I'm playing a critical run sometimes, and it doesn't help that the enemies previously in the series have new attacks, like how the morning star now does the insane spinning move before he lands. Like, you're giving me a beginning of game boss with 7 bars Square?! How the heck do you sleep at night?!

Other than that, I like Xion, Axel, and Roxas. I think they're all good characters, it's just frustrating that to get to their character development we have to go through this terribly difficult gameplay first. I was in Halloween Town the other day and my keyblade felt entirely useless, literally the only way I could win battles was to use the pumpkin bomb things. And I would end up spending all of my magic spells on one enemy because to actually beat one requires soooooo much magic and keyblade hits (don't get me started on mega-shadows and snapper dogs in beast's castle).

EDIT: also, while the party members are super useful in this game, it sucks that without party members every enemy is practically a mini-boss comparatively. I'd kill for all of my missions to include Xigbar or Xaldin or Xion, you know?

Muke

whatever
Awards
The only thing Days did right was the Mission Mode, which is why I want it to be implemented in KH3.

Caxinuld

Awards
If Mission Mode were to be remade in KH3, game ideas like a deathmatch, king of the hill or even Struggle would add to the multiplayer experience. There could also be no limit on duplicates, so you could have 4 Roxases battle each other with coloured coats for the players to tell their avatar apart from the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back