• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Outlaws (KHiRC Exclusive)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Jev (GM POST)

Jev Alastar nearly fell as he sprinted into the Harbinger's launch bay, the large doors shutting quickly behind him. He heard angered yelling and the pounding of fists as the doors sealed shut, but he paid it little attention. He attempted to calm his jagged breath as he looked out at the crew ahead of him, attempting to gather a headcount.

"Good, look's like everyone's here," he said. "Lucky we made it out of that chase alive, eh?"

He then walked through the crowd of his crew members, sweat dripping down his forehead from the full-on sprint they had taken to the ship. In his left hand he held the purpose of their mission: a thick, black metal briefcase that he had taken great care to negotiate for. If they had been stopped prison would have been the least of their concerns.

Jev made his way to the elevator at the end of the launch bay and rode it up to the top deck, where he made his way across the deck and to the cockpit, plopping down in his massive black leather seat, which stitched in gold. He pressed the the green icon on the ship's control panel labeled "IGNITION", and the Harbinger instantly whirred to life. He reached is right hand over to the sole lever on the control panel and slowly pushed it forward, taking the ship off of the ground and into the air. Once the lever was fully extended, he pressed the red button on top and the ship zipped into the air, leaving behind the screaming guards of the planet Nikos below. A few button presses later and he had the ship set on autopilot, and os he spun the chair around the face the rest of the deck and kicked his feet up on the outstretching armrest.

Jev gently ran his fingers along the outside of the smooth metal box he had been carrying. Centered on the top side of the case was emblazoned a silver circle that outlined the silvery silhouette of a snowflake. He was the only person in the crew who had seen the box's contents thus far, but he carefully unclasped the case to take another peek anyway.

Inside the case, centered in a wealth of padding, was a small, ice white shard of some alien material. A freezing cold draft of air drifted upward off of the shard, and Jev smiled with less as he looked down at the precious item.

"We're going to be rich!" he yelled, his excitement getting the better of him for once. He was sure to get double the money they needed to pay off the Harbinger from this one little job, if not more. It was too easy.

Pandymint

Awards
Chaos. The last ten minutes had been pure chaos as the Harbinger crew sprinted back to their ship. One moment they were casually walking out of a hotel, then ran into an ID check. Xelex wasn't sure, but he thought someone killed a guard, too. It seemed to him like every official in the city had been after them. Risking life and limb for what? A black briefcase? Maybe it was some celebrity's bag or something. He scoffed.

"Sure, we're alive, but what was this even fo-" Xelex didn't get to finish his sentence before he turned and realized Jev was gone, "Damnit."

He shrugged, sliding the rifle from his shoulder and placing it back onto the nearby weapon rack, followed by his tactical vest. Walking back through, he waved at the others before stepping into the elevator.

"Well, I have some business to attend to. Later, kids."

While he rode the elevator, he mused in thought of being free of this job. It was not what he thought it would be. Promised with money only to be thrust into the position of helping someone else for their own reasons. His entire life had been for helping other's problems. He was sick of it. First his uncle, then the government and now this. It was enough to drive a person crazy after a time. Before he could get any deeper in thought, the elevator slowed to a stop with a ding, and he stepped off.

Arriving in the dining area, he scanned the room momentarily before realizing no one was present. Turning to a cabinet, he walked forward and opened it to be greeted by a selection of alcohol. Perusing the available stock, he read the labels and alcohol content before setting on a glass bottle of amber colored liquid. Finding a chair, he didn't bother with a glass as he cracked it open and started to drink.

"Maybe one of these days we can find a place with some better liquor."

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Natalie exhaled heavily as the crew members returned to the Harbinger. She couldn't express how happy she is to escape successfully. Looking at her crew members, Natalie waved to her fellow members and decided to head to the Lounge to cool off.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Lucky was exactly the right term for what had just happened. It was more than just a miracle that all of them had made it back to the Harbringer, and Isabella still wasn't sure how none of them had been captured. All of this was quite ridiculous. Sure, they had made it back alive, but the only reward seemed to be a boring case none of the crew had had a chance to peek into. That was less than underwhelming for such a mission.
"I need to cool off a bit from this disaster," she told the group before leaving off to her own room. She surely couldn't be the only one frustrated by this outcome, could she? It was not only the fact that the mission didn't seem to have paid out, but also that they didn't even get the chance to find out what they had almost died for.
"I wonder if all of this is actually worth the trouble," she said to no one in particular, letting out a deep sigh. Of course she knew what she was fighting for, and the thought of going home now was absolutely awful considering it would have been for nothing. But was heading into suicide missions any better at all? What if she never made it back after all?
She decided to let go of those thoughts for the moment. Maybe they would all get an amazing reward for succeeding today. Up until then, a few hours of rest sounded like a great idea.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
"Exhaustion" was a term that rarely crossed Enca's mind. Ardisans like herself had naturally powerful lungs and could outlast most humans, but after tearing through that life-or-death gauntlet through the city, even she was completely drained. Stitches stabbed at her torso, her legs were numb and shaking, and every breath seemed to rub her throat raw.

First thing's first. Check for obvious wounds. As she tried to catch her breath, Enca did a quick sweep of her body. There was no serious damage, surprisingly, aside from a couple broken flight feathers some bullets had nicked. The brown and rusty-red plumage covering her body hid the disconcerting amount of blood matted in the feathers--blood that wasn't hers.

The rest of the crew, drenched in sweat, were either still catching their breath like her, or leaving for other areas of the ship, muttering bitterly about what nearly turned out to be a suicide mission, wondering what exactly had gone wrong. Enca stared at her feet, at the 3-inch talons that would've glistened like obsidian daggers if they weren't caked in blood.

I think had something to do with it, she thought, But as the cliche goes... it all happened so fast.

She couldn't clearly remember what had happened, only that the group was stopped at a checkpoint... A guard approached them... And all hell broke loose. Did someone attack him, spattering her with blood? Did she attack the guard first, or was it the other way around?

Enca shook her head. Her breathing was back to normal at least, but between the exhaustion and the adrenaline, her mind was in a haze. Trying to remember anything in this state would get her nowhere. Ugh... I should eat something, that'll help clear up my head. Xelex is probably drinking up there... I'll try to avoid him, nothing good could come from talking to him right now.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Bullets whizzed by the young man's head as he crouched behind a short wall, 7 guards firing like somebody recorded them kicking the shit out of a farmer.
"Schedule change, of course." He gripped the briefcase and unfolded his gun. "I'm sorry about those patrolmen, I thought they were robots! Scouts honor!" The Conundrum quickly loaded and locked into place as the UI appeared; 2 bullets.
"What the shit? No way unloaded a whole clip in his face, maybe half a clip." Thoughts growing more erratic, the former soldier cracked his neck before setting the ammunition dial to 'Deflective', aiming his rifle over the wall,
"This Macguffin isn't worth it man."

The bullet flew out of the chamber, bouncing off of several surfaces. The gutwrenching sounds of flesh and bone being torn apart was heard. The gunfire stopped. Aches hopped from behind the wall and whistled, briefcase slung over his soldier and rifle hung to the ground. One of the aggressors remained alive on the ground, writhing and begging for his life.
"Please... help me!"

"SPACE CHRIST, FELLA. HOLY SH- (dry heaving) your guts are just- oh jeez. Uhh, son of a.. okay okay. Wow. We have a medbay to patch you up."

"R-really?"

"Yes really, you'll be- (choking sound) good as new."

"Oh g-good, praise the su-" BANG. Aches' holopiece exclaims,
"You are out of ammunition. Reloading is recommended."

"Sorry, local. At least you aren't suffering anymore." Smoke bellowed from the suitcases lock, blown open by enemy fire- The contents were empty.
"Son of a space bitch, are you kidding me? I was decoy?" His frustrations were halted by the sound of a dozen more guardsman closing in on his location.
"Siri, show me the Harbringer." His holopiece let out a chime as a digital path visualized before him and a distance of .4 miles appeared in the distance, the young pilot sprinted under a horizontal hail of gunfire blasts. He ran by Jev, in his possesion the real suitcase.
"Jules! How could you!" he exclaimed, jumping on board and catching his breath. His teammates followed, including their deceitful captain.

Minutes later, they were safely exiting the planet's atmosphere. Aches walked into the cockpit and stood behind their leader, arms crossed.
"Even in space, a dick move is a dick move. Couldn't you at least tell me I was decoy? Or that our schedule wasn't 100% up to date? Look, I'm walking around with a frigging target on my back. From Big Bird to Xanax, elf creature to frigging spoiled princess, even our resident mime. Even YOU, everything has tried to kill me at least once. Can you at least watch my back when someone off our team tried to gore me? I still haven't got all the feathers out of my stitches dude."

Last edited:

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

Minutes later, they were safely exiting the planet's atmosphere. Aches walked into the cockpit and stood behind their leader, arms crossed.
"Even in space, a dick move is a dick move. Couldn't you at least tell me I was decoy? Or that our schedule wasn't 100% up to date? Look, I'm walking around with a frigging target on my back. From Big Bird to Xanax, elf creature to frigging spoiled princess, even our resident mime. Even YOU, everything has tried to kill me at least once. Can you at least watch my back when someone off our team tried to gore me? I still haven't got all the feathers out of my stitches dude."

Jev rapidly shut the case as Aches stormed into the room. Fumbling, he quickly tossed the case in a compartment underneath his seat. He then stood out of his chair, rising to meet Aches's eye level.

"Look man," Jev said, dusting off his coat, "you survived didn't you?" He turned around to face the outstretch of space outside of the windows ahead of him, and put his arm around Aches, grabbing his far shoulder. "My priority was to get that brief case and get us out of there, and if I told you that you were a decoy, who knows how you would have reacted. You played the part perfectly."

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
"I'm not sure why we ran away. Threats? You call those threats? Just because they dress scary and smell bad you think they are a threat to me. I've kicked their ass before and I'll do it again they are just some fat bastards. Only way I'll be scared of them was if I was smothered in Twinkies or dress like a hamburger"Dr Layfield is screaming as he does his yoga. He assumes the room is full but everybody has left.

There is a saying, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. We will get stronger from this. Now who wants to work out with me?"

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
The doctor's screaming somehow carried all the way up the elevator shaft, snapping Enca out of her thoughts with a twinge of annoyance. "Just how," she muttered out loud, "did Alastar let this guy onto the Harbinger?" Sure, Jev Alastar viewed the whole crew as expendable pawns. Anyone thought otherwise was delusional... or Aches. But was he really this desperate for canon fodder? The elevator stopped, and Enca stepped into the kitchen as quietly as possible.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
"Is somebody in the kitchen?" The Dr wonder as he was in down dog position. "I think the reason we have to keep running is that we are all too weak to fight. Except for me there are too many weaklings. Where is that homie Javy or whatever the hombre's name is , I think I need to start a workout program to get us into shape." Sadly the doctor isn't good with faces so he has no idea which members is the leader.

The Dr wipes the sweat off his face and grabs his giant book. "I'm hungry" as he heads to the kitchen to look for a protein shake. Or a donut.

Pandymint

Awards
Drinking was a favorite past time of Xelex's. It was a good way to relax, especially after a stressful mission. He never cared to get drunk, only that he feel the pseudo-warmth and the slight fuzzy feeling it elicited as the alcohol seeped into his blood. It soothed him, not unlike a nap would for others. It was better when he was alone, and not in some drinking establishment where the unsavory people crawled out of the woodwork. Xelex isn't, and probably never will be, a people person. A lot of activity around him at any given time while he was trying to enjoy himself would be grating. He was thankful that this ship's haphazard crew seemed to be mostly spread out.

After a moment's pause, he considered going to talk to Jev to try and get some answers. He stood, replacing his chair and screwed the top back onto the bottle. He gazed at it for a second, realizing in a short few minutes he had downed half of the sizable bottle. Being with others did tend to increase his intake. He scoffed, remarking to himself in praise of his high tolerance. Placing the bottle back on the shelf, he turned to walk towards the exit when he was greeted unexpectedly by one of the others. If either had approached a tick faster, there would have been a collision. The bird-like creature caught him by surprise at first, still not quite used to seeing her ilk around.

"Oh, excuse me... Enca, was it? Don't tend to remember names from job to job, but seeing as we're stuck with each other for a while, suppose I may as well," he spoke with a smirk.

Before another word could be said, however, another appeared. This time it was the bizarre 'doctor' who was obsessed with yoga. Xelex heard him talking to himself, perhaps musing about looking for food. He didn't really care. Teeth were gritted as he crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

"Just where the hell did Jev find this guy..." he muttered quietly, "And why is he even here. Did he even do anything?"

He sighed, closing his eyes and dropping his head. It already felt like he'd been here too long, and each quirky crew member that was added seem to lengthen things. At least, he thought, that one kid wasn't here. The one with some silly nickname instead of an actual name. He'd taken to calling him 'Small Fry' in part due to his age, and in part due to his stature. Xelex couldn't place exactly why, but he could drive Xelex up the wall sometimes. Something about his jokes and one liners. Kid had seen too many movies.

"Anyone else gonna ruin this little party," he said aloud as less of a question and more of a statement as he raised his head and opened his eyes.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Aches gripped the man's arm and removed it from his shoulder, prepared for confrontation.
"Oh, I would have done things the exact same probably, but this doesn't change the fact that you treat me like an expendable when I'm one of your most valuable-" Loud yelling is heard over the monitoring system from the cafeteria, derailing the train of thought.
"Exhibit A being that frigging yoga goblin you brought aboard, literally the ONLY REASON he's even here is to entertain you, otherwise you would have launched him out there," He gestures to the vast emptiness of the galaxy.
"I'll be honest here; I'm not amused by PhDouche. I pondered placing an energy bar with my name on it in the fridge and poisoning it because he's probably the only cretin with the audacity to steal it and an immune system weak enough to die from it, but mutiny is more your style you constipated looking space pirate."

Aches paced around the cockpit and let out a sigh, "Look, I'm not even here for the money. If i didn't like you I would have left, and I should hate you for the shit you've put me through, but I'm short on money, friends and apparently common sense."

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Via was ready to risk her life, sure, but these missions were really starting to be too much for her to handle. Unlike the hardy military men with proficiency in apparently anything that makes a lot of noise and kills everything in sight, she was a simple hunter from a simple planet. Running away from bullets and explosions wasn’t exactly what she had been expecting when joining. Must have been written in fine print somewhere in the terms and conditions, which she had never even received.

Maybe going back to chasing mountain rabbits would be a good idea after all… But no, she knew that it would take all her life-time to ever get enough money to be able to enjoy said life-time, so living dangerously it is then. It’s not like dying of hunger or some horrible space sickness would be any better, and that’s what would most likely happen if she had stayed. Falla wasn’t what it used to be, the towns were growing bigger and foreign hunters with guns were wiping the forests clean, their hunting birds and dogs bringing illnesses that the local people and fauna weren’t used to. The planet was on it’s way to become another exploited wasteland, and Via wasn’t going to let her family have to live through it.

Taking a deep breath, she looked around to give half a smile to anyone still in the room, and then made her way to the Observation Deck, her favourite place on the ship. At least everyone was alright. Probably, that is. Most of the group had already left, like always, so there was no way to tell for sure.

“One of these days I’m going to find someone lying dead in the kitchen or something…” Via thought to herself while watching the planet they had just escaped become smaller and smaller. Didn’t they have a doctor or something with them now too? Well, she did still trust the automated medical help they were getting more than the eccentric addition to their group, but still. The more people to make sure everyone stays safe the better.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
GM POST

"Space pirate, that's a good one," Jev said. "In all seriousness, I hear your complaints. I need you to understand that everyone has a purpose on this ship, but not everyone can get us out of those situations. Only a few of you are truly skilled in combat, so I'm sorry for throwing you under the bus, but I did what had to be done. Besides, who knows, maybe that doctor guy will cast holy and get you guys out of tough spot."

Jev chuckled, and walked back up to the control panel for a brief moment. He pulled down on the lever a bit, a massive, dark gray space station growing in the distance. The ship quickly approached the space station, a landing pad coming into view. Jev pressed a finger to his holopiece, and sent a message to all of his crew.

"We'll be arriving at Enigma Station shortly, you are all to remain on the ship. I'll quickly pop in, get our money, and return to you with your credits." He pressed a few more buttons on the ship's console and it began to slow down, approaching the landing pad. He reached into the compartment under his seat and pulled out a black metal brief case, and investigated it for a brief moment before heading out to the elevator. Before leaving, he looked back at Aches.

"Don't sit in my chair," he said.

Jev stepped into the elevator and made his way to the bottom deck. The doors of the launch bay folded open as the ship landed, where he was greeted by two gun-toting guards.

"Halt, mercenary," one of the guards said as he approached Jev. They were both dressed in dark gray overcoats, lined with black, that covered an exceptionally high-tech piece of armor. Their faces were covered by intricate helmets that also scrambled their voices. One of the guards pulled out a scanner of sorts, and ran it over Jev. He looked back at the other guard and said, "He's clean, proceed."

The guards escorted Jev to the front of the ship, where he greeted and shook hands with a man dressed in a more elaborate gray coat. This man was not wearing any sort of helmet, his jet black hair slicked back with enough gel to hold a Cibernan Moonka in place. His beady, judging eyes were set deep into his head, and his sharp facial features were covered in scars.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Director Nash," Jev said to the man.

"Yes, indeed," the man said back in a deep, velvety smooth voice, glaring down at Jev. "Tell me, does that box hold what I asked for?"

"If your bank account is as full as I was told, then yes it does," Jev smirked, handing over the case. Director Nash began to open the crate, but Jev reached out a hand and slammed it shut. "Woah, woah, Director, be careful, the shard is highly unstable. Wouldn't want to cause an accident, would we?"

Director Nash looked back up at Jev, a scowl on his face. "What the hell do you think this is?" he said, an uncontrollable rage rising in his voice. He nodded to somewhere above Jev, who tried to jump out the way, but he was too slow as bullets from multiple directions silently ripped through his skull and killed him on the spot.

"Board the ship," Director Nash barked to the guards around him. "They tricked us, find the crate and kill his crew!"

The guards stepped over Jev's bleeding corpse and headed for the back of the Harbinger, and Director Nash approached the body as he did so.

"You've become too predictable, Alastar," he said, spitting on the corpse.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
“Enigma Station, huh?”

The cold, metallic structure was far from welcoming. It had the same ominous feel to it that all high-tech space stations did, but something about it felt even worse than usually. Even with little interest in politics or power play of any kind, Via was familiar with the reputation Enigma had gathered. Not the kind of group she would really like to associate with, but on the other hand, it did also mean they would have no problem paying for whatever the crew had just risked their lives for.

The guards were all holding guns and almost looked like robots in their combat gear. Everything in the huge room was grey and lifeless, machine operated and clearly heavily guarded. Staying by a large window in a situation where she was surrounded by unknown, armed people didn’t really make Via the most comfortable, so she retreated to the middle of the room, hoping that Jev really meant it when he said they would only be stopping there quickly. She sat on one of the benches. It wasn’t exactly comfortable. Couches would be nice. Yes, once they would get the ship paid, maybe they could make it feel a bit more like a home. Some plants, maybe a pet too! Or… not. Jev probably wouldn’t be too exited about having a mountain rabbit the size of a small human running around his ship.

Via’s concern about having to live without a pet were soon interrupted by something even worse. Gun shots. Multiple of them. It was a feint sound, muffled by silencers most likely, but perceptible. Quickly getting up, she hurried to the window, staying by the wall, heart racing. What she saw froze her in place. No. Oh no. What was she supposed to do now?

“Okay, okay… calm down, think. Did… I ever get instructions for something like this?” Via backed away from the window and tried to stop her mind from screaming that they were doomed. Sure they had to sometimes work independently, but this was looking really, really bad. Taking a deep breath, she tried to go through all her options. Letting everyone know the situation, was it really a good idea? Could any of them fly the ship? Was there any way to get away when they were surrounded by a station full of soldiers? Ah! Who of the crew was the most likely to be able to somehow maybe possibly lock the ship, to at least give them some time before it was boarded by hostiles? Xelex, maybe? Via was pretty sure she had heard him mention flying something before, and he could probably stay calmer than she was, at least. She ran towards the elevator while contacting him through her holopiece.

“Hey! Old man, you hear me?!”

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Enca had used the yoga doctor's arrival as an opportunity to slip past Xelex and was gulping down a piece of alien meat labeled "pork sausage" whole when her Holopiece flickered to life on its own. Eyes narrowed in annoyance, she was about to dismiss the HUD when she saw something very wrong: Alastar's name, glowing dying-star red.

Turning the sleek, triangular metallic device in her foreclaws, Enca studied her new Holopiece, murmuring the strange word to herself. Her home planet had nothing like this-- long-distance communication was limited to piercing calls created by one's voice, and nothing more. This Holopiece, though? It was practically magical. With a single spoken word or tap of a claw, Enca could learn in a few seconds what would take over a dozen alarm-calls to communicate, speaking to the others as if they were right next to her.

Talking wasn't even necessary to gather basic intel. Lined up in the corner of her vision was a list of the entire crew's names, all in glowing green letters. More detailed information on each, such as their location or weapon they were carrying, could be accessed if one wished, but the green glow of each name alone was enough to show that each member was alive. Alastar, in his usual nonchalant fashion, explained that if a name suddenly switched to red, it was more than likely that person had bitten the stardust.

"Switch to group chat," Enca's feathers were beginning to bristle despite their blood-crusted state. She reached and pulled her culari from her back, silently thanking herself for keeping it slung over her back instead of leaving it in the armory below. Activated by a low warble from its owner, the weapon unfurled from its collapsed state, snapping into the form of a high-powered assault rifle. "Hey... guys?" Damn it, now isn't the time to worry about social nuances, cut to the chase! "Does anyone know how to fly this ship?"

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
"This is a good donut" The Dr. was saying with a mouthful. He saw Enca but didn't feel like starting up a conversation so he decide to see what other good food was around. Then suddenly gun shots were heard "Who shoots fireworks at this hour some people are trying to eat" But he suddenly a dread came upon him "Wait can't be no fireworks, who will shoot fireworks into space, could it be some gun shots?"

He pondered as he continuing eating a second donut. "Maybe that Javy guy decided to actually get tough and handle those white trash by himself." But then he put on his doctor glasess "But where will Javier get the guns from, it sounded nothing like the weapon we have cause the only dangerous guns on board are the ones on my arms" Finishing his 2nd donut he heard an urgent message on his headphone "Does anybody know how to fly this ship".

"Huh, of course I can fly a ship I come from highly educated university. It's just playing ball at the parc you just need to be confident and look good doing it. Now can someone just read me the Manuel and instructions cause I'm more of a leader than a reader"

He heads off with a full stomach and a full heart to go to the cockpit "I'll show all of these lazy asses how things work when a doctor is around. But first I need to take a dump"

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Aches scoffed at their captain as he left with the suitcase, immediately sitting down in his chair.
"Comfy, wonder why that dude was such a hardass, ha." Minutes passed as a bridge unfolded and the bandit he called friend greeted two heavily armed guards,
"Look at you, buncha assholes in space braiding each other's hair." They allowed him to pass as he shook hands with a well dressed stranger
"Eugh, what kind of space vagrant are you and who's coat did you steal?"
Aches presses a button and turns a dial, the HUD closing in on the exchange and allowing him to hear as he removes a protein bar from his pocket and a bottle of whiskey from a cabinet.
"(chewing noise) Not the first time I sat in your chair, Captain Morgan."

The standoff grows tense as Alastar shuts the suitcase and gives the same slimy smirk he always does before getting his way; not this time. Two beams of light fly from the guards' rifles and eviscerate his head, cauterizing the holes they left.
"Kill anyone on board," he barks as they go to do his bidding.
"Shit, shit, I really wish I got down the actual flying... A-HA! My chair now!" The pilot pushes a lever forward with all of his force and the bridge pulls away, sending the attackers into the cold vacuum surrounding them whilst the bridge retracts and the Harbringer's airlock seals. He turns a dial to shift direction and presses a button that reads intercom,
"SUCK OUR SPACE BALLS, MANCHESTER BY THE SEA" sounds throughout the ship and their lifeless captain's holopiece, the young man pulling on a different lever and escaping their aggressors.
"Nash, huh... What a stupid goddamn name."

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Before getting an answer to her call, the line was taken by Enca. Dismissing the HUD informing her of Jev’s condition, Via sighed in relief and made her way towards the kitchen. That was the best place to find most of the members after a mission. Relieved that she didn’t have to explain the situation, she thanked the technology that she so often cursed. Before she got out of the elevator, the ship suddenly shook. It was moving. Oh no… there was only one person who would do something this reckless.

“Well, apparently someone can fly this…”, she muttered to her holopiece. “Guys, can we regroup for a bit? Meet at the cockpit? Let’s not be too hasty okay! We’re going to be branded traitors, we’ll get the whole Enigma after us!”

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
"Meeting sounds good," Isabella agreed and left her room to make her way to the cockpit. What had just happened? She didn't even want to think about who might have taken the wheel on flying the ship, because she already had a very specific idea on exactly one person who would do something like that.

It was weird, really. This whole mission to get a damn suit case with apparently something great in it, only so that now that they were going to deliver it, the next part of the mission obviously failed. Now they were off without a plan, without a leader and without any of the money, driven through space by someone who probably wasn't well aware how to fly a ship - well, maybe she should hope they could, because otherwise the next disaster would soon knock on their doors.
They had just learned what it was like to be chased and almost killed - if they were now to be called out traitors, everything would become even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back