• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Big Hero 6 - Animated series coming 2017 on Disney XD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Whatever they do, please do not bring Tadashi back from the dead. He can be featured through flashbacks and footage contained by Baymax.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They should totally bring Tadashi back from the dead, but like as an evil robot or crazy dream version of him.

I don't have Disney XD....

That is okay because Disney XD streams the show on their website! You won't be able to see the new episode without having a subscription but you can watch the episode from the week before...yeaaaaaaaah.

(use kisscartoons)

Knuxpyro56

Im pretty sure that most of the voice cast is going to return. After all the entire team was mad up of lesser known actors. Ryan Potter (Hiro) is part of that lab rats show on Disney XD

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, this, Ducktales, and Tangled are all exciting to me. It would be awesome to have a few more animated gems from Disney. I really enjoyed a lot of the show adaptions of Disney movies, with Lilo and Stitch being my fave, so these show promise.

Especially with Kim Possible alumni for this one, yeah. That's super exciting. I'm curious...was there a date for Tangled yet? I would assume it would be ready before this.

Kaijuguy19

As a Godzilla fan I hope the series will have a kaiju themed episode somehow like either have one filled with kaiju references or actually have a kaiju attack the city though I'm betting they will.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
As a Godzilla fan I hope the series will have a kaiju themed episode somehow like either have one filled with kaiju references or actually have a kaiju attack the city though I'm betting they will.

it'll be a biproduct of the city's pollution.

okay but what if disney does wacky crossovers that canonicially don't make sense and clash with the oppossing animation styles again? like, the gravity falls gang exploring anomalies, or fucking rapunzel and flynn there lmao (AND TRON UPRISING)

although they would more likely crossover with the marvel shows.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
it'll be a biproduct of the city's pollution.

okay but what if disney does wacky crossovers that canonicially don't make sense and clash with the oppossing animation styles again? like, the gravity falls gang exploring anomalies, or diddlying rapunzel and flynn there lmao (AND TRON UPRISING)

although they would more likely crossover with the marvel shows.

That's not out of the realm of possibility. With this, the Tangled TV series and DuckTales reboot: I think Disney wants to bring back Disney Afternoon for a new generation!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Though I am excited for the possibilities the series will bring, I hope it doesn't write out a fully-fledged, theatrical sequel.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Though I am excited for the possibilities the series will bring, I hope it doesn't write out a fully-fledged, theatrical sequel.

Why not? Big Hero 6 is a superhero movie. There's endless sequel possibilities. And besides, Sequels made by Disney Animation are of a high standard (The Rescuers Down Under, Fantasia 2000, Winnie the Pooh).

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
BH6-Group1-1200x666.jpg

Here are more details of the TV Series from Oh My Disney.

"While we already knew Hiro and the gang would be returning, we now have confirmation that Maya Rudolph (Aunt Cass), Jamie Chung (GoGo), Scott Adsit (Baymax), Alan Tudyk (Alistair Krei), Ryan Potter (Hiro), Genesis Rodriguez (Honey Lemon), David Shaughnessy (Heathcliff), and Stan Lee (Fred’s Dad) will all be returning to voice their characters from the film. Wasabi and Fred, however, will be voiced by Khary Payton (The Lion Guard) and Brooks Wheelan (Saturday Night Live) respectively.

The cast will be rounded out by Jennifer Lewis (black-ish) as Professor Granville, Andrew Scott (Sherlock) as the villain Obake, comedian Andy Richter as Globby, Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) as Richardson Mole, John Ross Bowie (Speechless) as Mei, Diedrich Bader (American Housewife) as Bluff Dunder, Susan Sullivan (Castle) as Fred’s mother, and Haley Tju (Bella and the Bulldogs) as Karmi.

As we learned previously, the show picks up immediately after the events in Big Hero 6. After forming their team (and friendship) Hiro, GoGo, Honey Lemon, Fred, Wasabi, and Baymax are ready to set out on high-tech adventures to protect the city. When he isn’t fighting scientifically enhanced villains, Hiro will be dealing with the trials and tribulations of life as a college kid at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology".

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Zap2it lists the first official episode as airing March 1st 2018. Shocked that there’s over three months between the TV movie and the series airing, but I’m pretty excited for it coming off Tangled: The Series and Ducktales. Both have wonderful story lines and gorgeous animation, and while the latter for Big Hero 6: The Series was a bit disappointing to me, it was starting to grow as the TV movie progressed. Tangled: The Series didn’t click with me until I was a few episodes in so I’m ready to jump into Big Hero 6: The Series in March and hope for the best.

ImVentus

Awards
Zap2it lists the first official episode as airing March 1st 2018. Shocked that there’s over three months between the TV movie and the series airing, but I’m pretty excited for it coming off Tangled: The Series and Ducktales. Both have wonderful story lines and gorgeous animation, and while the latter for Big Hero 6: The Series was a bit disappointing to me, it was starting to grow as the TV movie progressed. Tangled: The Series didn’t click with me until I was a few episodes in so I’m ready to jump into Big Hero 6: The Series in March and hope for the best.

I think you're right about the series growing and improving once started airing. But I found myself really enjoying the pilot I thought it still stayed true to Hiro's arc of moving on. Tadashi will always be important for his development but over time Hiro will build his own legacy. I also want to see if they have gotten any feedback on the animation, cause I just found it very stiff and non-smooth on facial expressions. I hope they improve on the animation. The backgrounds on the other hand are really well done and look identical to the film in 2D.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The backgrounds are absolutely gorgeous. I can’t wait for the background artwork for each series to be on display at some Disney gallery.

One thing I love with the other two shows are the guest star voices. Tangled has had Danielle Brooks (Orange is the New Black), Dean Winters (30 Rock, Oz), James Inglehart (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmit), Sean Haynes (Will & Grace), Jeffery Tambor *sigh* (Arrested Development, Transparent), and of course Jeremy Jordan (Smash, Supergirl). I’m only four eps into Ducktales but it’s awesome to have heard Jim Rash (Community) and Kimiko Glenn (Orange is the New Black). I really hope they get amazing guest voices for Big Hero 6 as well. Plenty of opportunities for actors to play villains here.

ImVentus

Awards
Yeah I can't wait for them to release more concept art either. And overall set pieces of San Fransokyo.

Agreed, it would be cool if they got some guest voices for the show. Haft to say that Tangled really improved as a series, now it's really good.
Ducktales I still haven't quite grasped onto yet but maybe soon that might change.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ducktales had corporate meddling so the series aired out of its intended order so it is a bit hard to grasp how it was all meant to flow together.

Hopefully Big Hero 6 doesn’t have this problem, and the series airs as intended.

ImVentus

Awards
What ever was the reason the series got pushed so much?
Also it would be great if the creators took some feedback from the pilot. It wasn't anywhere near awful but it wasn't that great either.
Especially Baymax needs to be more developed. He's been re-using the same lines since the film and it's sadly starting to get tiring.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Of course they made it the 9th. I've been waiting patiently for this show to air legally BUT NO. I'll be busy for the whole week. Thanks Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back