• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy IX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy IX - "This is an age-old ritual between friends!"

The Steam, mobile, and PS4 versions are all exactly the same, even down to the same bugs. You should be fine just getting one on our preferred platform.

Unless your preferred platform was the last one come around and get it... In which case, "Hey guys, check out my FF9 collection, I have them all" hahaha

Max

Staff member
Awards

So I just started FF9 on PS4, and I feel like the running feels extremely off. Did anyone else notice this?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So I just started FF9 on PS4, and I feel like the running feels extremely off. Did anyone else notice this?
What exactly about it feels off? The game doesn’t use proper analog controls so that might be it? It was the exact same with the Steam version so it’s disappointing that they waited months before releasing a port without any changes.

Max

Staff member
Awards

What exactly about it feels off? The game doesn’t use proper analog controls so that might be it? It was the exact same with the Steam version so it’s disappointing that they waited months before releasing a port without any changes.

Yeah, it's definitely the analog. Turning left from running straight is extremely choppy, like I can't finely turn at this or that angle. I didn't really consider the ported aspect as the reason for it, but the makes sense, not like the phone version would have incorporated analog. Damn.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, it's definitely the analog. Turning left from running straight is extremely choppy, like I can't finely turn at this or that angle. I didn't really consider the ported aspect as the reason for it, but the makes sense, not like the phone version would have incorporated analog. Damn.
THe phone version would be the same, you can connect some kind of controller to your phone and play games using that.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

Whoa whoa whoa...high def movies and character models? I gotta check this out.

That's what it takes to get you to try IX? Bro...you're killing me

Max

Staff member
Awards

THe phone version would be the same, you can connect some kind of controller to your phone and play games using that.

Well why wouldn't the phone port have had the same analog incorporated as the PS1 then?

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

I started playing FF9 this week on PS4. It's my first time ever with the game and I've had the fortune of having nothing spoiled for me. I'm in Lindblum currently and I'm having a blast, the game is so good.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Patch 1.01 is out. 190.2MB

• Adjusted display of various components (commands, HP parameters, etc.) in battle.
  • Set background music to play in stereo.
  • Other various fixes.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Saw you posting this over at ResetEra. Does it fix the BGM reset issue? Guessing it doesn't. They never bothered to fix that in FFVII.

shuyin_zer0

Awards

Saw you posting this over at ResetEra. Does it fix the BGM reset issue? Guessing it doesn't. They never bothered to fix that in FFVII.

The music looping and analog control still need fixing, but they fixed that shitty UI so it’s a start lol

Max

Staff member
Awards

The music looping and analog control still need fixing, but they fixed that shitty UI so it’s a start lol

The analog control is the biggest one for me honestly. I noticed it immediately and it bugged the shit out of me to the point I've barely played on PS4.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Tbh I didn't directly notice the analog controls being bad yet, but I do have to say that at some points I felt like moving was a little chunky. However I kinda just accepted it and thought it had always played that way. :l Hmm.

Zul

Awards

Anyone know how the mobile controls are? I was thinking of buying that version for the sole reason that the jump-rope game would be easy...heh...plus I don't really have any good mobile games right now.

EDIT: err...games on my phone, ff9 is a port, not a mobile game per se.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Ugh. The music looping should be top priority for both FFVII and FFIX. Also, whenever they finally decide to release FFVIII on PSN, you can bet it'll have the same stupid issue...

shuyin_zer0

Awards

Ugh. The music looping should be top priority for both FFVII and FFIX. Also, whenever they finally decide to release FFVIII on PSN, you can bet it'll have the same stupid issue...

And if it’s a direct port from the Steam version, it’ll have the shitty demake OST instead of the PS1 version lol

thesuperjag

Hi I am new to this forum but am not new to FFIX. I started with X then IX, X-2, I, IV and VI in that order. Final Fantasy IX is my favorite video game.

Anyone know how the mobile controls are? I was thinking of buying that version for the sole reason that the jump-rope game would be easy...heh...plus I don't really have any good mobile games right now.

EDIT: err...games on my phone, ff9 is a port, not a mobile game per se.

I have this game on my iPad Pro. As for mobile controls? It is good and flawless for touch controls, but it’s not my preferred way of playing IX. I bought an actual gaming controller to use for my iPad Pro and that too is also... well just perfect and flawless!

BlueTearS-

FFIX is one of my all time favourite RPG and probably the first FF game I played. Looking forward to play it again on PS4 and try to obtain the platinum trophy.

Max

Staff member
Awards

FFIX is one of my all time favourite RPG and probably the first FF game I played. Looking forward to play it again on PS4 and try to obtain the platinum trophy.

Good luck with the jump rope trophy!

Back