• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix vs the Kingdom Hearts series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
You know it seems as though that gameplay wise, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix has been considered to be the best in the series despite other games having just as much virtues as well as their flaws. It seems as though most people love the game due to it surprising amount of depth that the itself has and how it seems to hit the right spot in terms of difficulty as well as intensity. Recently, I heard how some fans don't the idea of KH3's gameplay especially the keyblade transformation/situational commands but I don't see that as a problem and I hope to see what they bring to the table. I have a question about this, do people really do prefer KH2 gameplay over the rest of the series?

Awards
Genuinely yes people (myself included) love KH2’s battle system, It’s every Speedrunners favorite in the series because of how seemingly flawless it is. Most people find it to be the most balanced in not just controls but boss and enemy design as well. If you said most KH game had the same amount of virtues as well as flaws to most Speedrunners or anyone who worships KH2 gameplay they’d laugh in your face and say that games like BBS and Days have nothing but flaws. People’s concerns with Keyblade Transformations and situation commands stem from the fear of not being able to control how the game is played. They hate the idea of not having control of when and where you can use such abilities as opposed to KH2 where everything from Drive forms to Reaction commands was optional and could be controlled.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Yes, KH2's combat truly is the end-all for quality in KH and video games in general. It's all buttery smooth, enemy attacks and damage reactions are animated and programmed to perfection... They just had to sacrifice interesting world design to achieve it. If KH3 doesn't QUITE reach KH2's combat but lands among the stars, I think it might be better than KH2 through it's level design.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yes, KH2's combat truly is the end-all for quality in KH and video games in general. It's all buttery smooth, enemy attacks and damage reactions are animated and programmed to perfection... They just had to sacrifice interesting world design to achieve it. If KH3 doesn't QUITE reach KH2's combat but lands among the stars, I think it might be better than KH2 through it's level design.

Also, the campaign's in each world in KH2 was only an hour long. An additional 15 minutes with the second visit to each world. With worlds apparently taking three hours to finish in KH3, that's a big step up.

Guernsey

Awards

I really hated the world designs of KH2 as they seem to resemble each other but the combat is impressive. I prefer the world designs of other games as they seem more interesting.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I really hated the world designs of KH2 as they seem to resemble each other but the combat is impressive. I prefer the world designs of other games as they seem more interesting.

Guess they sacrificed creativity for the sake of creating such an awesome combat. I mean, KH2 has aged impressively compared to the first one.

Jackicanyounot

Gameplay is a huge deal for me as if I cannot effectively use the gameplay smoothly, it ruins other aspects. Case in point, I had to play Birth By Sleep on easy mode because I could not effectively use the battle mechanics. I know this issue is subjective to the player, but I believe it is KH2's gameplay that makes the replayability so high. I would not consider myself a skilled player by any means but having to play easy mode was demeaning.

I fear for KH3 because I haven't played the 2.8 release set :(

Guernsey

Awards
Guess they sacrificed creativity for the sake of creating such an awesome combat. I mean, KH2 has aged impressively compared to the first one.

Well I just don't care for the level design in KH2 and I prefer the balance of both level design and gameplay.

Gameplay is a huge deal for me as if I cannot effectively use the gameplay smoothly, it ruins other aspects. Case in point, I had to play Birth By Sleep on easy mode because I could not effectively use the battle mechanics. I know this issue is subjective to the player, but I believe it is KH2's gameplay that makes the replayability so high. I would not consider myself a skilled player by any means but having to play easy mode was demeaning.

I can understand that as Birth By Sleep was troublesome when I played it on the PSP. I just got used to it over time.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Well, take what you will since I've only played vanilla KHII and not Final Mix, but for me it's gameplay felt overly simplistic. Coming off of CoM's tactical deck-based battle, I felt I could comparatively triangle my way through the game. It may have been smooth, but it didn't ever feel like a challenge.

KHIII will have to introduce new elements regardless of the "old timers" who want them off their lawn. Don't know that I particularly want to see keyblade transformations, but I'm still interested. Anything that brings a fun embellishment to the gameplay, I say bring it.

Guernsey

Awards
I agree with you entirely. I like KHII both vanilla and Final Mix but I really want to seee what KHIII had to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back