• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

first day playing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Definitely taking time off of work to play the game. I'm thinking of two separate 3-4 hour bursts per day, once in morning and once again at night. My biggest fear is playing through it too quickly but I'm definitely gonna take as much time as possible for each world and really savor it.

Thankfully, there is a store near me that always gets games early so hopefully I can be playing it quite a few days before the 29th

Same. I've got a handful of stores to keep an eye on. Ugh why isn't it January yet?

I plan to pick up the game the day of once I get off work at 2 then get my quick workout in (Trust me, I will speed through this part).
I’ll get home install the game and eat/ shower while it does, then pop a seat and take in nice and slow per world. I’ll play the main story and delve into the occasional side quest/ mini game and grind to my heart’s content. I always like to be overleveled as to enjoy whooping the bosses’ butts. I’m going to enjoy every piece of dialogue from text boxes to cutscenes and let myself just FEEL it out. This will probably take about a week. During this I will literally unfollow EVERYTHING KH on social media, including this site, and pray I don’t see some random spoiler somewhere.

Don't speed through it too fast. You don't want to strain anything!

As a general rule for KHI, we do not spoil content. KHI will have a spoiler free zone available for users to engage in, and our social media will be kept spoiler free. Any articles we write will always provide a spoiler warning and will not feature the spoiler in the title unless it is content officially shared by Square Enix.

The most we will do is have streams on Twitch/YT, but no spoiler content will be posted, liked, or retweeted on KHI to keep it as a spoiler free zone.

My best recommendation rather than unfollowing, you can mute our account if you worry people will be tweeting spoilers at us and you will see their mentions on your account. I also recommend muting keywords like "Kingdom Hearts" "KH3" "KHIII" "Kingdom Hearts III" "KH" and any Disney-related terms.

It will be rough, but we promise to keep our social media as user-friendly as possible.

redcrown

Awards
I'm gonna have to stay completely away from the internet before I finish the game, the temptation to look up stuff about it will be too great for me to resist, if I don't get spoiled accidentally.

I'll probably abuse my body with coffee and sleep deprivation during my first playthrough. I don't want to run though it and exhaust myself to the point of not appreciating it but my mind will be too pumped with excitement to take too long of breaks. Might be a good time to pick up a coke habit.

Awards
I'm seriously considering taking a personal day the day it releases and just playing all day long. (I'm a school teacher so I don't have a lot of these if it's not June, July or August.)

bagcifreak

Use my vacation time to take a “mental health” day off. Wait for it to finish installing. Weep.

Tweet variations of “gaiskdldhsjalalaldjhfhfkslla” throughout the day.

Omg I forgot!! With my internet speed it will probably take like 7 hours to download the game dkjdkdjd

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Omg I forgot!! With my internet speed it will probably take like 7 hours to download the game dkjdkdjd
If you’re downloading it then I’m assuming you have it pre-ordered. In that event, 48 hours prior to launch the game will download itself onto your console (provided you have the box checked, which you can see via library -> purchased -> Kingdom Hearts III).

No waiting for the game to download come January 29th then, since it’ll all be ready to go :)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What if they end up doing some kind of early access like they’re doing for Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s special editions? I preorder the base version from the PS Store. Is there any way to upgrade in those situations?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What if they end up doing some kind of early access like they’re doing for Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s special editions? I preorder the base version from the PS Store. Is there any way to upgrade in those situations?

You’d have to call Sony to see if they can cancel and change your order to the higher tier.

Cakeberry

Speaking of unfollowing, I remember someone on this forum mentioning blocking certain keywords on Youtube to avoid getting spoiled. Can someone tell me how to do that? I'm not sure if it's a Google Chrome extension thing or something on Youtube itself. There are a few extensions if I google it, but I wanted to see if there was an ideal one for specific stuff like this.

Squall Strife

Hyperventilate & when that episode is over probably check out the recap of the series to refresh then once all of that is done then more than likely wait hours for the inevitable first day patch for it.

the red monster

Awards
i'll try to rush it just to not get spoiled, probably will take it more easy in the second time playing.

Laurel

Awards
First I'm going to try my best to stay away from social media once the game is released to avoid spoilers. Next I'll take a good amount of time playing the game, I don't want to rush through it, I want to make sure I explore everything, do everything and try to get the most out of it.

Awards
I might be in the minority but I'm going to speed through it to get through the plot, so I don't accidentally spoil anything for myself. I'm talking Beginner Mode, etc.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I might be in the minority but I'm going to speed through it to get through the plot, so I don't accidentally spoil anything for myself. I'm talking Beginner Mode, etc.

I don't think I'll speed through, I'll take my time in at least exploring out (prolly won't micro-analyzing every pixel like I do in later runs) but I'll definitely do Beginner mode at the start. I gotta see everything, including boss fights and their attacks.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I'm doing Proud Mode, oh it's going to be hard to avoid spoilers.

Like even when you finish the game - you still have to worry about Post-Game Spoilers like the secret bosses.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Alright, enough people have answered that preliminary question, now here comes a real chin scratcher;

What snacks/meals are you gonna eat the day KH3 comes out?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Alright, enough people have answered that preliminary question, now here comes a real chin scratcher;

The first person that says sea salt ice cream is getting banned

jupiterjazz

Use my vacation time to take a “mental health” day off. Wait for it to finish installing. Weep.

Tweet variations of “gaiskdldhsjalalaldjhfhfkslla” throughout the day.

Precisely this.

Truly though, I have to work on the 29th. But I have the next 2 days off. So those days will be spent with my beloved KH3.

What snacks... hmm... sea salt i-- *ahem*
I usually don't eat when I play games but since this will be a particularly long gaming session I'll make sure I have plenty of water, some fruit, and maybe some chips. I might make a meal the day before and just heat up leftovers lol.

I want to take this gameplay slow but I know I'm gonna be sooo tempted to get on here or reddit or somewhere else to talk to people about the game...gotta avoid spoilers ugh.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I want to explore every single inch of this game so I'll be taking my time on this one and may or may not avoid spoilers.

Leftover cheeseburger sub pizza salad. The salad of champions.

The first person that says sea salt ice cream is getting banned
Ice sea cream salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back