• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sdog

Awards
MATGSY said:
There'll totally be a PS2 Classic later. They're not gonna pass up milking the best selling console in history.

Oh most definitely. I'll more than likely have to get one.

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
I think it's cool and nostalgic...just not $100 cool.

I feel it honestly. I need to see the rest of the games though. Otherwise I'll prolly only pick one up way down the road if it's even still available.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I still have all my PS1 games and a plethora of them as PS1 classics on my Vita and PS3. So I maaaayyy not need to get this. But it's still awesome it exists.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Should we start placing bets on if it's getting KH1 or KH2?

My guess is KH1, but I also believe game size comes into consideration. Sources say the game is bigger than 2gb so I'm not so sure. However, it was a Playstation's Greatest Hits title, so I guess we'll see when the time is right.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Watch as it's the vanilla version & not FM.

Anyway, taking a crack at guessing the remaining PS1 games:

6. Crash Bandicoot 1
7. Spyro The Dragon 2
8. Tomb Raider x (hell if I know which is the favorite entry).
9. Crash Team Racing
10. Legend of Dragoon
11. Metal Gear Solid
12. Castlevania Symphony of the Night
13. Gran Turismo
14. Twisted Metal 2
15. Resident Evil 1
16. Mega Man X4
17. Final Fantasy Tactics
18. Parasite Eve
19. Time Crisis (Light gun sold separately)
20. Medal of Honor

-No RE2 or MML because I'm holding out on those being on the N64 Classic (long shot I know).
-No Tony Hawk or other licensed properties for the obvious reasons. Although I could maybe see Sony negotiating for Spider-Man or a Star Wars title.
-No Ape Escape due to controllers
-No FF8 because why stop now? :p

Sdog

Awards
If I had to guess they'd just go with KH1 and the fan outrage would be hilarious at the lack 2 being present. Which would be understandable since it has the larger following. But 1 would just be the vanilla version.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Watch as it's the vanilla version & not FM.

Anyway, taking a crack at guessing the remaining PS1 games:

6. Crash Bandicoot 1
7. Spyro The Dragon 2
8. Tomb Raider x (hell if I know which is the favorite entry).
9. Crash Team Racing
10. Legend of Dragoon
11. Metal Gear Solid
12. Castlevania Symphony of the Night
13. Gran Turismo
14. Twisted Metal 2
15. Resident Evil 1
16. Mega Man X4
17. Final Fantasy Tactics
18. Parasite Eve
19. Time Crisis (Light gun sold separately)
20. Medal of Honor

I can definitely see Spyro, Crash, Metal Gear Solid, and Twisted Metal. Maybe Resident Evil 1. The others, in my opinion, just aren't iconic enough.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I imagine there might be a chance of Medieval making it, and here's to hoping for one of the Tomba games.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oy, I forgot Rayman and PaRappa. 20 is too few for this thing.

Sdog

Awards
I imagine there might be a chance of Medieval making it, and here's to hoping for one of the Tomba games.

Medieval has gotta be up there since they are remastering it for PS4.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Medieval has gotta be up there since they are remastering it for PS4.

Well wouldn't that be a conflict of interest? Crash & Spyro because it'll likely just be a single game from both franchises & not the entire trilogies but MediEvil on the classic might take away from the remaster's sales.

Sdog

Awards
Well wouldn't that be a conflict of interest? Crash & Spyro because it'll likely just be a single game from both franchises & not the entire trilogies but MediEvil on the classic might take away from the remaster's sales.

Oh definitely. But just as it's one of the "faces" of that generation it just may be criminal, as odd as it is, to some to not be in the collection. I know it seems weird but I can just see this happening somehow.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Best PS1 Classic is the Switch once it gets FF's VII and IX. :cool:

On
The
Go

Haha, I'm just messing up. I'd honestly get the PS1 Classic, and an imminent PS2 Classic, but it's a tad pricey. And I would KILL for a PS2 Classic with MGS's 2 & 3.

Also, will the PS3 Classic be based on the backwards compatible model? :hmm: HAHAHA /shade

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm shocked that nobody's talking about this,
Why should we? It was kinda obvious when the PSP became piracy haven and the PS Vita flopped equal or harder than the Wii U, even against the 3DS, that had a rocky start due to it being overpriced. Plus the way Sony answered question about a Vita successor, and how they praised the Switch, it was kinda obvious they were just maintaining their investors on the edge up until they could make the final decision of leaving the handheld market to Nintendo.

This is genuinely disappointing.
To be honest, there is nothing Sony could have brought to the table besides either a PS Vita 2, or a Switch knock-off. So I'm kinda relieved they didn't decide to waste money, seeing as how Sony isn't even in the best position right now to make financial blunders. Sure, their gaming/entertainment department is doing alright, but the corporation's other departments aren't. Again, the least they'd need now is another flop like the Vita was.

nobody hated Sony's hardware,
Devs did. The Vita was too ahead of its time and the development costs were basically on-par or equal to that of home console projects. The Vita's sole reason of failure wasn't the marketing.

Nintendo having a monopoly in the handheld gaming market gives them a reason to raise prices, that's bad for us.
Nintendo isn't even in the home or portable department. Read about the "Blue Ocean Shift Strategy". Nintendo is occupying both the home and handheld markets. Sony dominates home, so they can't have that much of a slice from the home market; mobile gaming dominates the handheld department, so Nintendo can't risk it all there. What can you do? Simple: merge both of your home and handheld development departments and you get success. The Switch is performing on-par with the Wii, which was a phenomena back then.

And this about Nintendo raising prices isn't going to happen. There's an agreed upon market cap of games not costing beyond $59.99. This all sounds like the hysteria concerning Net Neutrality.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
In all honesty, I haven't touched my Vita in I dunno... 2 years? The device itself was great, but there was little support from the getgo imo. I didn't even use it as much as my PSP. So yeah, kinda sad about it but not surprised. (portable PS1 games was great though) The fact that it wasn't backwards compatible with PSP games in any way aside from having to rebuy them in the PS Store didn't help either.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I never got a Vita; was planning on poking around for a PSP myself. Why? it's because there's quite a few PSP games I want to play but every Vita game I wanted to play was on PS4.

I think it was a combo why they failed here; and I can understand why they don't want to try again. Yeah, portable games proly won't go up b/c of the cap. Still sad though.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Astro Bot makes me want to buy PSVR!

Sony will exit portable gaming market in 2019, leaving market open to Nintendo - Business Insider

I'm shocked that nobody's talking about this, Sony is exiting the handheld console market. This is genuinely disappointing. See, nobody hated Sony's hardware, they just hated their awful marketing scheme and lack of ongoing support for their handhelds.

Nintendo having a monopoly in the handheld gaming market gives them a reason to raise prices, that's bad for us.

Nintendo's never gonna release another dedicated handheld again. It will have to be another hybrid console. The dedicated handheld space is now permanently occupied by mobiles.

Back