• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will there be a Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeClefLame

Awards
If there's already a thread for this please point me to it.

According to Tetsuya Nomura, the game will have downloadable content for additional gameplay. Will that game be the final version?

Platinum End

Oh yes, without a doubt there will be KH3 FM. Why i say that? They are rereleasing a lot of the previous games in pack for PS3, then made it for the PS4, then yet again will release all the games and movies on one disc this week or next week i think. They will not lose the chance to milk the fans for their money. Other than that KH3 FM will also may include sneak peak of the next game for the series!

okhi12

Awards
Some months ago Nomura said KH3 won't be re-released later as a final mix-type definitive edition like previous games because there is no need now that DLC is a thing.
But he also said that he doesn't like the season pass model of several DLC being released periodically, and that if KH3 has DLC, it will probably be a single DLC to expand the game (like the extra content of the final mixes). At TGS he said that KH3 will have a secret ending like previous gsmes but he probably will add it later via free DLC so that everyone watches it sometime after the game is out, to avoid leaks and spoilers.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
There's not really a need for that anymore. If they want to add more to KH3, they can just create a DLC down the line or update the game for free. Such is the future.

I can imagine later on when all the updating is done, they could release a 'final mix' that is just a collectors items that has all the DLC and updates included on the disk though.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Hopefully the Final Mix will be a physical release of the game with all the DLC content included a few years down the line, sort of like with XV.

Squall Strife

Yeah Square Enix likes to milk their flagship titles, FFXV being a recent example not that I'm complaining about it

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Yeah Square Enix likes to milk their flagship titles, FFXV being a recent example not that I'm complaining about it

I don't believe that KH3 will go quite that way, more than likely feeling a lot more 'complete' on release. No additional promises have been made other than for costume pieces, so I think we'll do a fair bit of waiting before any sort of 'final mix' dlc pops up, if it even does.

Tempo

Awards
my only hope is that whatever DLC is released after gets officially titled "Final Mix" so it's at least the closest equivalent to a proper "Final Mix" rerelease. I just wonder if doing it that way would entail changing existing aspects of the game the way the first two did? Namely altering Synthesis lists and recipes, and certain keyblade abilities. or would they just do their darndest to "get it right" the first time?

Leaferian

Awards
my only hope is that whatever DLC is released after gets officially titled "Final Mix" so it's at least the closest equivalent to a proper "Final Mix" rerelease. I just wonder if doing it that way would entail changing existing aspects of the game the way the first two did? Namely altering Synthesis lists and recipes, and certain keyblade abilities. or would they just do their darndest to "get it right" the first time?
Well, most existing synthesis recipes that changed in their Final Mix were just difficulty changes really. If they need to rebalance the materials needed to synthesize something, I imagine that will probably come as a free patch.

I would expect anything that could be categorized as a bug fix or a balance alteration would be patched in for free, while the Final Mix DLC would probably be pure additional content. That's how XV did it, and I don't see Nomura stooping low enough to lock important fixes behind a paywall.

DiscordSparkle

Even with DLC existing, some games still re-release with all the DLC included, like Horizon Zero Dawn's complete edition for example. So final mix is still possible. Though if what okhi said about Nomura saying it wouldn't happen is true, I guess it won't happen.

okhi12

Awards
I've seen different translations of the interview I mentioned. Some say that the game won't be released as a complete edition later on, while others don't state that, so I don't know if Nomura really said that or it is just a mistranslation or different interpretation. This is what was posted on KHinsider:
Are there plans to release a Final Mix version of KH3, containing extra content?

Nomura: I’m not really considering it at the moment. Well even if I wanted to, it wouldn’t fit on disc (wry laugh). We’ve got plans to release game updates through DLC, so if we were to add content it would be through that, instead of in the “Final Mix” format.
We’re yet to fine tune the details, but we won’t be doing things like having Keyblades for sale, instead we are looking more at gameplay expansions. And not in the form of any sort of “Season Pass”, we plan to deliver the content as is in individual packages. At any rate though, first priority lies in putting our utmost into delivering the best main package we can, and then we shall see about the rest.

sephydark

Awards
Based on the translation you posted, I'd say that interview means he plans to release all additional content as DLC, but doesn't rule out the possibility of a FM+ type edition that includes the most important DLC in the purchase price. I do suspect that balance changes and the like that they deem important would be released as free patches rather than DLC, though.

Tempo

Awards
like horizon zero dawn and bloodborne game of the year editions, in 2020 "Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix" is released on disc. the cover art is the same as vanilla kh3 but namine gets vanitas and repliku sitting next to her. the game is finally Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back