• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Poor Dragon Quest is trying. Though Square Enix did it a huge disservice by realizing Dragon Quest XI the same time as Spiderman and not giving it a chance. Advertising for it was lackluster as well. I can only remember some advertising for it and that was from other journalists on youtube.

If Square wants Dragon Quest to have a chance outside of Japan, they need to give it a chance. ):

Final Fantasy has always had it's up and downs and struggles. Though got to agree with you here.

KINGDOM HEARTS is certainly becoming new Square's face in terms of "consistency". There's only one iteration of KH. Unlike the FINAL FANTASY franchise which tries something different everytime with different development teams, directors, producers, etc. But what has affected FF the most has been the meddling of management, and this started with FFXII, which I think was the first ever major FF game to have gotten a director change.

GokaiWhite

Help the Final Fantasy community by signing this petition. We need to act fast while there's still hope!
vRyqaaysOQFLiVN-800x450-noPad.jpg

https://www.change.org/p/square-enix-resume-production-on-final-fantasy-xv-dawn-of-the-future

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sorry, but I’d rather have Nomura working on FF7R than some DLC for a game that he probably doesn’t want any part of. But good luck raising the $33 million in losses for them to justify putting the episodes back into development.

Right. If anything, I'd wish KH3 would be finished sooner so to see if Square can give him his own proper FF title. Versus was going to be his own thing, but that got messed up.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Right. If anything, I'd wish KH3 would be finished sooner so to see if Square can give him his own proper FF title. Versus was going to be his own thing, but that got messed up.

I'm not really sure he would ever want to make a FF now to be honest, and I wouldn't blame him for for not wanting to.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I finally did it. After 46 hours and 48 minutes, I've finally gotten every Comrades trophy.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I finally did it. After 46 hours and 48 minutes, I've finally gotten every Comrades trophy.

It's still on my to do list. Did you do it alone with AI, or did you have a lot of help from good players online?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS is certainly becoming new Square's face in terms of "consistency". There's only one iteration of KH. Unlike the FINAL FANTASY franchise which tries something different everytime with different development teams, directors, producers, etc. But what has affected FF the most has been the meddling of management, and this started with FFXII, which I think was the first ever major FF game to have gotten a director change.

Problem is, Square Enix cannot have Kingdom Hearts as their flagship brand because it's legally owned by Disney. Believe it or not, Kingdom Hearts falls under the category of licensed games, hence why Kingdom Hearts advertising is somewhat sporadic compared to Final Fantasy.

Henceforth the reason why they have to maintain relevancy for Final Fantasy.

Max

Staff member
Awards
It's still on my to do list. Did you do it alone with AI, or did you have a lot of help from good players online?

I pretty much solo'd it with AI. With the right weapon setup you can knock out pretty much anything on your own.

If you do need help with something specific, let me know and I would be willing to hop on. But the two big bosses require you to solo it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Back to FF15: I hate how they're managing the Ardyn lore. From all of a sudden, Ardyn was traveling around the world for millennias, and according to his Episode, he was imprisoned for 2,000 years and Vestael freed him 30 years before the game? WTF?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I pretty much solo'd it with AI. With the right weapon setup you can knock out pretty much anything on your own.

If you do need help with something specific, let me know and I would be willing to hop on. But the two big bosses require you to solo it.

I see. From what I gather you can connect to and play the mode completely offline (I guess I'll test it by turning my modem off eventually). That would mean one could technically keep the current update of the game indefinitely.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I finally got around to watching the stream and catching up with the news. FFXV isn't my favorite, but it's special (for sentimental reasons that wouldn't apply to anyone else), and its world is probably somewhere in my top 5 FFs greatly assisted by the season pass and peripheral content.

So, I'm a little sad it's the end of an era, but playing this on and off for over two years has been fun. I still have things like Episode Ignis and the Terra Wars addition to play. But for now, it's time for me and my partner to focus on Comrades which we've barely touched, biding time to use our PS Plus membership wisely (or whatever you need to actually play this online).

Whew. I was worried when you mentioned not being able to complete this a couple pages back that it'd be too late. This will be my gaming effort for the month. I've heard worrisome comments about the random Kenny trophy though. :E

Max

Staff member
Awards
Whew. I was worried when you mentioned not being able to complete this a couple pages back that it'd be too late. This will be my gaming effort for the month. I've heard worrisome comments about the random Kenny trophy though. :E

I'm pretty sure there was some workaround for that trophy, something like doing a quest and making sure nobody has any food the whole time, and then he would guaranteed show up after the mission. Don't quote me on that, but I remember that trophy not really being a problem because of something goofy like that.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

shuyin_zer0

Awards
It's possible they might have dev kits. I think Nintendo Switch dev kits were distributed in 2014, or 2015.

Tabata pretty much let it slip last year that they already had the next gen kits and that they were developing their next big project with them. Whether or not this current project is the same original IP that he wanted to direct is another story

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Tabata pretty much let it slip last year that they already had the next gen kits and that they were developing their next big project with them. Whether or not this current project is the same original IP that he wanted to direct is another story

Possibly. Sakaguchi said Tabata had been working on something original.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm pretty sure there was some workaround for that trophy, something like doing a quest and making sure nobody has any food the whole time, and then he would guaranteed show up after the mission. Don't quote me on that, but I remember that trophy not really being a problem because of something goofy like that.

Miraculously, my worries about this are over. Last week, just going through the motions on some of the basic first few trophies, and I apparently triggered it (somehow, even though I had 3 AI party members) being merely Level 4, a handful of hours into Comrades. I was actually going to the XMB to look at the trophy I had achieved for crafting a level 30 weapon when I saw Come Back, Kenny!'s. Had to activate the Share button to scan the 15 minute auto capture. After one of my missions, I had got up to get a snack, and sure enough that's when Kenny decided he'd dance wildly at camp. Haha! xD

Back