• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy XV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So in the next couple weeks we'll get the crossover event between FFXIV and FFXV. Which basically boils down to, we can get Noctis wearing cat ears and a tail, aka Glamour Prism: Miqo'te. Thoughts?

I'm a Miqo'te in FF14, so I'm actually pretty exicted about it haha

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Off-topic, but Hajime Tabata has started his new company called "JP Games". He has plans to launch it on January 2019.

Best wishes to Tabata-san, and hopefully this isn't Square's iteration of Capcom's very own Comcept/Keiji Inafune.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Dataminers found Luna as an unfinished playable character in the game, suggesting she was intended to be a party guest like Cor, Aranea and Iris at some point. Haven't read any details about it, but I'm guessing she'd play more like Noctis during chapter 13 with the ring.

I'm over her lack of strength at this point. She's a plot device and I've made peace with that. I think my biggest issue is her relationship with Noctis. Their marriage is an arranged one, and they've not met each other for ages so how could there be true love involved? Yet, the game wants to push that idea on us. Their relationship feels incredibly platonic. I don't see how you could interpret it otherwise. Ashe's marriage was also arranged and given just as little attention in Final Fantasy XII, yet they managed to actually convey that she and Rasler were actually in love. Taking the game and it surrounding media at face value, Noctis has a stronger bond with Prompto.

I would rather have had Episode Aranea, fleshing out a character that's already got a solid foundation and while she got some more development in Episode Prompto it'd be nice to have some more. Her episode would also have served as a good excuse to get a closer look at the Niflheim Empire and its leaders. Hopefully that's part of Episode Ardyn, which is set a few decades before the game starts. Would love to actually see how he played the lesser villains like a fiddle.

Episode Cor would also have been nice, but I guess we learned most of his relevant back story in Episode Gladiolus. This game has so many interesting characters that needed more screen time. That and the pacing of the plot are its two biggest issues. I'll never understand people who say there was no plot, or that it was hard to follow. It's actually very simple and straight forward, and I dare say classic Final Fantasy. It's basically a combination of VI and X.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Honestly, Episode Luna would probably just be a walking simulator.
I honestly question how Episode Luna would have worked, seeing as how the most relevant of her plotline was awakening the Astrals. What were we gonna do? Walk from Point A to Point B while we take out a corridor of enemies to awaken the Astrals in preparations for the True King's Ascension?

No hate on Luna, but many fans would have preferred if she had more cutscenes in the base game, rather than an Episode.

Dataminers found Luna as an unfinished playable character in the game, suggesting she was intended to be a party guest like Cor, Aranea and Iris at some point. Haven't read any details about it, but I'm guessing she'd play more like Noctis during chapter 13 with the ring.
I'm willing to bet Ring of the Lucii Noctis was originally Lunafreya.

I'm over her lack of strength at this point. She's a plot device and I've made peace with that. I think my biggest issue is her relationship with Noctis. Their marriage is an arranged one, and they've not met each other for ages so how could there be true love involved? Yet, the game wants to push that idea on us. Their relationship feels incredibly platonic. I don't see how you could interpret it otherwise. Ashe's marriage was also arranged and given just as little attention in Final Fantasy XII, yet they managed to actually convey that she and Rasler were actually in love.
Way back in June 2016 when the plot was leaked, the leaker had said that Lunafreya's role in the story was to basically fill in for Stella, seeing as how Stella Nox Fleuret had no pertinence to the story because the trilogy of Versus XIII was turned into a singular game. So Luna's character wasn't very thought out.

Hopefully that's part of Episode Ardyn, which is set a few decades before the game starts. Would love to actually see how he played the lesser villains like a fiddle.
I'm keeping my expectations low with Episode Ardyn. I think it'll focus more into whatever subplot they've written for Adyn in Insomnia 30 years before the main-game, and constant flashbacks that may allude to his Episode's animation.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Anyone wanna help me out with Comrades? How on earth can it be this dead so close to the trophies becoming unobtainable? You'd figure there'd be lots of trophy hunters doing it now.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Anyone wanna help me out with Comrades? How on earth can it be this dead so close to the trophies becoming unobtainable? You'd figure there'd be lots of trophy hunters doing it now.

What do you need help with exactly? The shit thing is the two big bosses of Comrades have to be solo'd, so they mainly come down to equipment preparation

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Well, it'd speed things up to have people playing with me instead of AI for starters. Need to farm some treasure too I guess. But it's also just more fun to play with others. I'm guessing you're done with the trophies already?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
DuV3yJGUwAAjIh_thumb.jpg

Prologue logo

DuV3y0BVYAAhecK_thumb.jpg

Prologue art

Ardyn looks so different. Somnus looks like a snubby backstabber, and I wonder who the female is.
Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn – Prologue Anime Reveals Key Artwork; Trailer Out Tomorrow - Siliconera

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Ardyn looks a lot like Trevor Belmont in this key art (see my avatar). I do like how the logo hints at his destiny. The female is most likely the first Oracle, which is kind of weird since she was depicted as having black hair in the Cosmogony artwork. But I guess they just wanted to go with making it so obvious that you can't miss it. It's a bit weird though how much more Noctis looks like Somnus despite how many generations set them apart, yet Ardyn looks nothing like him despite being his brother and closest relative. There's obviously bound to be some family resemblance, but Noctis and Luna are 2000+ years down the line.

I'm hoping it's good though. I did like Brotherhood.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Ardyn pretty much is gonna be the game's martyr. Dare I say Eos' very own Christ. I imagine Somnus will backstab him by convincing the people he is full of Daemons, and they don't need him because they have the Oracle, which can heal instead of absorbing, and it'd be best to seal him away because of the dangers he could unleash.

---

Edit:

Trailer released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4G3jhuFRrc

Thanks to Siliconera: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/1...dyn-prologue-anime-gets-a-new-teaser-trailer/

Too much going on in those 30 seconds to tell anything, lol.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Apparently, the cancelled DLC episodes were halfway through completion and most of the voice work had been done already. They're trying to find a way to salvage this. Some might go into Episode Ardyn and some might make it to a different form of media, like an audio drama.

And Episode Ardyn is set to answer most of the remaining questions about the plot and lore. I'm guessing it might have multiple time skips in it?

Max

Staff member
Awards
So as much as I wasn't very interested, I went ahead and checked out the solo Comrades release last night. There is a handful of new content, and it has it's own trophy list. Probably about two thirds of the trophies are trophies we were able to previously earn in the original, and most of those will autopop honestly. I logged in and 3 or 4 trophies popped, then I went and talked to a couple people and even more popped.

Anyway, does anyone happen to want to try and take on some of these new super bosses together? There's like, the Three Foretellers of Yore (I think is what they were called), Death Gaze, a handful of others, and then the one I really want to try: Ardyn and Ravus.

Again, I wasn't super interested in this solo release, but I put so many damn hours into it before that I may as well come do this handful of new things with my character.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
They're still working on the save transfer issue for us European players. Will start playing again as soon as that's been sorted out.

Max

Staff member
Awards
They're still working on the save transfer issue for us European players. Will start playing again as soon as that's been sorted out.

Let me know when that gets sorted, we'll play some bad multiplayer together.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Apparently, the cancelled DLC episodes were halfway through completion and most of the voice work had been done already. They're trying to find a way to salvage this. Some might go into Episode Ardyn and some might make it to a different form of media, like an audio drama.

And Episode Ardyn is set to answer most of the remaining questions about the plot and lore. I'm guessing it might have multiple time skips in it?

Oh, brother.

Episode Ardyn already feels like a mess with how they pissed on the fact that Ardyn was around the world for millennia, then all of a sudden now he was imprisoned for 2,000 years, and 30 years before FINAL FANTASY XV he meets Regis and almost kills him.

I was ecstatic to see them handle Ardyn's backstory, what with all the hints they threw at us with Episode Ignis and the Royal Edition, but I think I'm gonna lower my expectations and expect less from his Episode, and more from his OVA, seeing as how I'm getting this weird vibe that the Episode is gonna be a giant mess between telling Ardyn's back story in his Episode, adding references from the OVA, and trying to have a playable pre-invasion Insomnia, and now trying to bring into equation the rest of the messy other character episodes.

I never thought I'd say this, but FFXV needs to die with Ardyn, and the innevitable end of the year last edition with every content ever released.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I think the addition of the starscourged kings of yore is the bigger question mark. They feel tacked on just to have some more boss battles in the final dungeon, and it's never quite explained how Ardyn managed to trap them like that (whereas the game does explain Ifrit).

Awards
So I played through the crossover event with FFXIV and I tell you what, it's amazing if you've played ffxiv. There's so many little things they put in.

Especially if anyone's done tank grind parties to get those mounts, it's depressing that you have to actually grind her over and over to get the weapons.

But

We need to bring something to the table and discuss.

Dat miqo'te outfit of Noct's.

Going to the present with it on legit made me need to leave the room, I could not handle it. I about died.

Last edited:
Back