• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZJGamer

So here is what I was expecting from KH3 bare minimum in the months prior to this leak and I honestly I don't think I was ever being unreasonable with my expectations:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

robotman

What if there is a coliseum and the leaker is trolling us?

It doesn't make sense for him to do that though, he already showed the world list (albeit by accident), he showed off magic, keyblades, how the worlds looked, etc... He has no reason to lie about it but this really bizarre, I just can't believe that they wouldn't put the coliseum tournaments, secret bosses or even data battles in the game, that's ridiculous. They weren't listening to the fans when they added all these mini-games and they took out the things that actually make the game special.

I'm very interested in seeing how Square Enix will react if they get backlash after the game is released, I hope that it'll make them add things to the game, especially things that should have been there in the first place, not the Final Mix version.

Senzura

Banned
Why are we even responding to that Senzura guy? All I see from him is arguing with everyone, denying anything and everything.He's been spreading negativity around here ever since he registered his account 3 days ago. Pretty sure it's a troll.

I'm not here to spread positivity/negativity. I'm here to say things I believe are true.

The minute you have to start making up outlandish theories like "Maybe a collisium is hidden, maybe the leaker is lying, maybe this is just preparation for KH4 being bigger and better, maybe they'll patch in content", you are admitting that what's in front of your eyes leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Skykh

This doesn't feel the grand final

-Downgraded visuals compared to previous openings
-Only 1 or two final fantasy characters
-7 Disney worlds
-5 Original worlds that are kh2 sized
-Missing a few original voice actors
-No tradional jump festa trailer
-Will end it in a cliffhanger
-Typical osaka combat priotizing flashiness over substances
-No secret bosses, No colloseum, all side contents are fetchquests or mini games
-Final boss is extremely underwhelming

This feel just like High budget fancy HD version of a handheld game

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm not here to spread positivity/negativity. I'm here to say things I believe are true.

The minute you have to start making up outlandish theories like "Maybe a collisium is hidden, maybe the leaker is lying, maybe this is just preparation for KH4 being bigger and better, maybe they'll patch in content", you are admitting that what's in front of your eyes leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Just because people are theorizing about the situation doesn’t mean they’re in denial about anything. You’re going around accusing people of being in denial over suggesting that maybe this person who illegally accessed and leaked a video might not be the most reliable person. In my opinion, that’s actually a pretty fair assessment considering an honorable person wouldn’t be playing the game when they aren’t supposed to. The only thing we can trust 100% is the footage that’s been shown. Maybe you’re just in denial that the leaker could be lying or that he simply hasn’t done enough exploring to find everything yet? Or even that Nomura literally said content would be released separately due to disc limitations? Idk and idc. But it isn’t your job to go around policing what theories and reasonings other people present for why things appear they way they do. You can present logic and evidence against their thoughts, but criticizing their mental state over such trivial matters is uncalled for.

sorawild

This doesn't feel the grand final

-Downgraded visuals compared to previous openings
-Only 1 or two final fantasy characters
-7 Disney worlds
-5 Original worlds that are kh2 sized
-Missing a few original voice actors
-No tradional jump festa trailer
-Will end it in a cliffhanger
-Typical osaka combat priotizing flashiness over substances
-No secret bosses, No colloseum, all side contents are fetchquests or mini games
-Final boss is extremely underwhelming

This feel just like High budget fancy HD version of a handheld game

Mate, that's a copypasta from /khg/ and you know it. Doesn't help that half of that list isnt true or at least we don't know about yet since the leaker has been trying to avoid story spoilers.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Remember what maximumlight said a few pages ago, guys. Stop listening to other people telling you how good or bad this game is and determine it for yourself. Leaks will get you nowhere on determining enjoyment, and I mean that. I seriously hated DDD before I finally was able to play it, and the fanbase here was exactly why I felt that way. Looking back on it, I was way too mean towards DDD. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot I didn't like about it, but the dream eater party system has to be one of the coolest things this series has ever seen. I wouldn't have made EVERY SINGLE DREAM EATER star rank if I didn't enjoy the game enough, trust me.

I'm feeling the same with this one. I'll have to see how big or small it is for myself and make a judgment then. I've literally seen maybe another .2% of the game actually leaked and can't make a logical conclusion of the game off of those few seconds that I've seen or heard of. I'm letting myself experience it before I let anyone else here try to tell me that it's objectively bad, because that's silly and the people saying that here haven't played it.

Don't let these people rule you, guys! This is the game we've been waiting for!

sorawild

he said there is critical, bu there's no NG+. So you can only continue a cleared save, which sucks because critical will be a fresh start.

Never got the mentality of "lock you out of how you want to play the game". It's ridiculous.

Uhh, there has never been a NG+ in a KH game. I mean what would be the point of starting critical mode with everything already? The only action RPG that has a type of NG+ are the Tales Of games which don't even bring over level and stats, only equipment.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Uhh, there has never been a NG+ in a KH game. I mean what would be the point of starting critical mode with everything already? The only action RPG that has a type of NG+ are the Tales Of games which don't even bring over level and stats, only equipment.

Noooooot entirely true. 0.2 had NG+ with carrying over costumes and DDD had NG+ with carrying over spirits. Either way your level and items were reset, however, so I see what you mean :)

maximumlight8

Awards
I don't see the leaker really lying about having no coliseum, like that's a pretty major side content thing. Why would he lie about something like that? It's not like it's a big deal without coliseum, it's just a bit of a bummer.

I'm not judging the game until I play it, like most of you should. I trust the direction of Nomura and his decisions for the game. I'd rather have DLC in increments because it makes me play the game over a longer period of time and come to something fresh instead of do it in 1 go.

U.N. Owen

Awards
Technically, we have 13 worlds because 0.2 was intended to be much like the prologue of KH3 much like how Roxas had his own 2 hour prologue in KH2.

Seighart

Awards
Eh. I'm just glad I had low expectations. I honestly didn't expect a coliseum. My big issue is that they revealed a lot and didnt keep anything under wraps in terms of content.

Personally, i'll be satisfied.

100% Run.
Critical Run.
Lvl 1 Run.
Crit Level 1 Run.

Replayability is there. I do agree with Nomura when he said theres a lot of original KH characters to juggle. Perhaps that's why FF was shafted. Theres so much potential for DLC so i'm just going to be patient and see what they do with that.

I think everyone's issue is that DDD style games are the new norm. There are too many variables. There's no cut content so stop spreading that news. What happened to all the faith we had in Nomura? Goodness this community is so wishy washy.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
So here is what I was expecting from KH3 bare minimum in the months prior to this leak and I honestly I don't think I was ever being unreasonable with my expectations:

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I don't think these were unreasonable expectations. I'd say these were perfectly understandable expectations for any KH fan to have.

Hearing that there aren’t any tournaments or secret bosses and the game is way too easy (again, after they supposedly learned the error of their ways with the fans' reactions to KH2) pisses me off and yet doesn’t surprise me at the same time. If the last 10 years of milking via side games/Chi haven’t made you aware that SE only cares about sucking people dry for things they should've received upfront, you’ve been living under a rock. I guess I’ll be waiting 7 more years to play the real KH3 after all the DLC that should’ve been in the game in the first place is released a la XV: Royal Edition.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
So we've finally moved on from denial and now we're bargaining

"It's fine that KH3 is bad, because its just a test for Kh4!"

you have no reason to believe this
The idea that we've all been through this whole, years-long marketing cycle in preparation for KH3, and now we're expected to give it a pass for its (potential) problems on the basis of what Osaka and Nomura can do with the franchise after this title, is kind of offensive. Like we all need to be clear that this is not a bridge title, or a stepping stone to a better game down the line. This is KH3. We all know what that means and what it has always meant. Every game in the series has been leading up to this game. It needs to be excellent and succeed on its own merits. Sorry if that's an "unreasonable expectation."

I don't think we'd be feeling like this if the leaker wasn't so negative about the game. The issue is that the leaker as pretty much confirmed what some of us thought about the game.
We need to be careful about allowing the leakers to drive us into making hard determinations about a game of which they've shown so little actual content and footage. That said, when looking at the whole picture of what we've seen and been told regarding KH3 and folding the leakers' statements and impressions into the mix, I agree that they seem to be reinforcing existent criticisms and concerns that stem from the official promotion of the game itself. i.e. I was, ironically, always optimistic about the inclusion of Radiant Garden and Destiny Islands and never once believed that their lack of presence in the advertising indicated an absence from the game, but here we are. It's sort of unbelievable to me that they aren't playable, and I genuinely hope that the leakers have obscured this information somehow and are misleading us on purpose. That doesn't seem like a healthy assumption, though.

None of your expectations are unreasonable. The new preferred line of defense which argues that no assumptions should ever be made about a sequel in a long-running series which contains within itself customary trends and a continuity of ideas that are more naturally maintained than they are disbanded is the unreasonable position.

This is the game we've been waiting for!
Again, taking the whole gamut of KH3 content from trailers to interview to the leaks? Maybe, but it definitely doesn't seem that way right now, and the idea that we can't form an image of what this game is going to look and play like in our heads is disingenuous in how hard it reaches for reasons to dismiss the most prevalent warning signs. None of our assertions can or should be conclusive, but that's not to say we haven't seen enough to make some determinations about how we're going to feel going into the game. I wish I could be excited, but I just can't be at this point, and that's a shame.

Nevertheless, I appreciate these leaks because they've provided some level of insight and transparency where Nomura and SE neglected to do so. A lot of the things they've given at least somewhat more firm resolution on (world list and such) should never have been left as question marks to begin with. I don't like how frustratingly inconsistent they've been in a lot of ways, and I don't think they've made the most of the opportunity they had to be stewards of the first (albeit unofficial) reveal of the final product. But at least they've given us the chance to contend with that dissonance between what the game is or seems to be, and what we had hoped it could be.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Again, taking the whole gamut of KH3 content from trailers to interview to the leaks? Maybe, but it definitely doesn't seem that way right now, and the idea that we can't form an image of what this game is going to look and play like in our heads is disingenuous in how hard it reaches for reasons to dismiss the most prevalent warning signs. None of our assertions can or should be conclusive, but that's not to say we haven't seen enough to make some determinations about how we're going to feel going into the game. I wish I could be excited, but I just can't be at this point, and that's a shame.

Nevertheless, I appreciate these leaks because they've provided some level of insight and transparency where Nomura and SE neglected to do so. A lot of the things they've given at least somewhat more firm resolution on (world list and such) should never have been left as question marks to begin with. I don't like how frustratingly inconsistent they've been in a lot of ways, and I don't think they've made the most of the opportunity they had to be stewards of the first (albeit unofficial) reveal of the final product. But at least they've given us the chance to contend with that dissonance between what the game is or seems to be, and what we had hoped it could be.

I'm just trying to spread some positivity in the forum at the moment. This thread has been pretty somber the last couple days, and seeing everybody seemingly in a death march is a little crazy. I'm just trying to tell y'all to remember that you shouldn't base your experience on what others have experienced so far. I hope you all see that :)

Don't think I'm de-legitimizing you either. I do think that your point is valid, I'm just trying to spread a little more cheer throughout the forum and I hope that you all see what I'm trying to do. Thanks for responding to me earlier!

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Eh. I'm just glad I had low expectations. I honestly didn't expect a coliseum. My big issue is that they revealed a lot and didnt keep anything under wraps in terms of content.

Personally, i'll be satisfied.

100% Run.
Critical Run.
Lvl 1 Run.
Crit Level 1 Run.

Replayability is there. I do agree with Nomura when he said theres a lot of original KH characters to juggle. Perhaps that's why FF was shafted. Theres so much potential for DLC so i'm just going to be patient and see what they do with that.

I think everyone's issue is that DDD style games are the new norm. There are too many variables. There's no cut content so stop spreading that news. What happened to all the faith we had in Nomura? Goodness this community is so wishy washy.

Not having a colliseum is weird, their been one in every main title. If anything it highlight the lack of bosses and assist chracters. Perhaps if we did have Hercs world I would have given it a pass, but their isnt even a mirage arena

ZJGamer

None of your expectations are unreasonable. The new preferred line of defense which argues that no assumptions should ever be made about a sequel in a long-running series which contains within itself customary trends and a continuity of ideas that are more naturally maintained than they are disbanded is the unreasonable position.

THIS!! ALL OF THIS!! Consumers have lowered their expectations to such a degree that we might as well not have any expectations. And that is simply an unreasonable line of thought. We pay for this stuff and keep the company in business. And for long time fans like myself, we are the ones who made this franchise popular and made it successful. For over a decade we waited for this particular game, buying handheld title after handheld title, this is a game that is supposed to be made for us. That may sound demanding, but consumers should have some level of sway over the products we purchase. I'm tired of people basically saying "Well just be happy with whatever our corporate overlords decide to give us." That type of thinking is just flat out creepy.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Don't think I'm de-legitimizing you either. I do think that your point is valid, I'm just trying to spread a little more cheer throughout the forum and I hope that you all see what I'm trying to do. Thanks for responding to me earlier!
I appreciate that, but keep in mind a lot of us here are just looking to commiserate over what went wrong, and the typical arguments used to counter that such as, "Just enjoy the game for what it is!" are, definitively, dismissive. I have no interest in convincing someone not to enjoy the game if their heart is set on doing so, but by the same token I think people need to recognize that those of us expressing disappointment are doing the work of trying to get a grasp on what this game is going to be like, as an experience, for us. It doesn't suffice for me to simply express a level of excitement that I don't naturally feel at this stage. Your happiness, unfortunately, is not contagious. I don't see why people view anybody else's feelings as though they are.

edit:

THIS!! ALL OF THIS!! Consumers have lowered their expectations to such a degree that we might as well not have any expectations. And that is simply an unreasonable line of thought. We pay for this stuff and keep the company in business. And for long time fans like myself, we are the ones who made this franchise popular and made it successful. For over a decade we waited for this particular game, buying handheld title after handheld title, this is a game that is supposed to be made for us. That may sound demanding, but consumers should have some level of sway over the products we purchase. I'm tired of people basically saying "Well just be happy with whatever our corporate overlords decide to give us." That type of thinking is just flat out creepy.
Full agreement. There's a lot of talk about "entitlement" getting bandied about, but the reality is it's communities like this one which sustains any franchise and we, the people who pay for the games, have made it possible for Nomura to make it to KH3 in the first place. You're damn right I have demands as a consumer, and you can diddly right off if you don't understand that this is a transactional relationship from start to finish. That's not to say there is no such thing as an unrealistic expectation, or that everyone should expect everything. Of course there's going to be compromise somewhere in the process. I wanted Atlantis as a world, but I'm not sitting here fuming because it didn't make the cut-- that was never guaranteed and I can live without it. But it's the sense that they didn't even make the basic effort to keep intact the constant threads of the franchise and deliver on promises that ought to have been kept that irritates.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Compared to the other confirmed original worlds in KH3 Radiant Garden is probably the least important to the plot, which is why I can somewhat understand why it isnt playable. There was nothing there that couldn't have been accomplished with cutscenes. Plus as Nomura mentioned the FF characters weren't important to the plot so this lines up consistently with what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back