• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maximumlight8

Awards
[video=youtube;fuZ6ypueK8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuZ6ypueK8M[/video]
Square EAnix is becoming an example of this. The product seems less important, an example of a game with absolutely incredible game design is GoW. Taking a huge risk of rebooting a thought to be dead franchise, changing the game genre, and making what is easily my GOTY.

Look how much KH3 was marketed compared to any other KH game, I never remember seeing so many trailers for a KH game like KH3 ever.

UltimaXOmega

I'm most bothered by the shafting of original worlds. They're likely smaller than a PS2 game's original worlds ffs. DDD was rushed out in 2 years and had greatly expanded Traverse Town and The World That Never Was. Even the final world, that Nomura was hyping up is basically confirmed to be extremely limited. We barely even have original worlds in KHIII. This isn't really a crossover game anymore.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Compared to the other confirmed original worlds in KH3 Radiant Garden is probably the least important to the plot, which is why I can somewhat understand why it isnt playable. There was nothing there that couldn't have been accomplished with cutscenes. Plus as Nomura mentioned the FF characters weren't important to the plot so this lines up consistently with what he said.
Radiant Garden is the home world of multiple main characters, including Kairi, Lea, Ansem the Wise, Isa and every other apprentice character in the Organization. It's also the Capital of Light and as a world it has been given its own arc, from the image of its former glory in BBS, to the corrupted base of operations for the main cast of villains in KH1, to a world in the process of being repaired and reclaimed by the original inhabitants in KH2. That needs closure, and it takes more than a glimpse or a cutscene to convincingly do that.

The Restoration Committee is, or has been, central to Sora's story and his development as a character. You can't write them out of KH1 or KH2 without restructuring the plot, and they were present as a segment of the whole chain of memories that makes up his heart in CoM. We're constantly told that Sora's strength stems from the bonds he's formed with others, yet it seems we're expected to believe that he doesn't reach out to Leon and the gang, the people who first introduced him to his role as the wielder of the Keyblade and gave him refuge after he lost his entire home world and was separated from the friends he loves most, even once to gain some guidance or insight throughout the hardest journey he's ever been on. Yeah, you can write around that if you're that insistent on being a hack, but it's not believable and, worse, it's an unnecessary burden to place on the audience.

There will not be an ultimate Shimomura rendition of "Scherzo di Notte" in KH3. Just let that sink in.

Destiny Islands also does not appear to be playable. #NotMyKH3

robotman

THIS!! ALL OF THIS!! Consumers have lowered their expectations to such a degree that we might as well not have any expectations. And that is simply an unreasonable line of thought. We pay for this stuff and keep the company in business. And for long time fans like myself, we are the ones who made this franchise popular and made it successful. For over a decade we waited for this particular game, buying handheld title after handheld title, this is a game that is supposed to be made for us. That may sound demanding, but consumers should have some level of sway over the products we purchase. I'm tired of people basically saying "Well just be happy with whatever our corporate overlords decide to give us." That type of thinking is just flat out creepy.

Full agreement. There's a lot of talk about "entitlement" getting bandied about, but the reality is it's communities like this one which sustains any franchise and we, the people who pay for the games, have made it possible for Nomura to make it to KH3 in the first place. You're damn right I have demands as a consumer, and you can diddly right off if you don't understand that this is a transactional relationship from start to finish. That's not to say there is no such thing as an unrealistic expectation, or that everyone should expect everything. Of course there's going to be compromise somewhere in the process. I wanted Atlantis as a world, but I'm not sitting here fuming because it didn't make the cut-- that was never guaranteed and I can live without it. But it's the sense that they didn't even make the basic effort to keep intact the constant threads of the franchise and deliver on promises that ought to have been kept that irritates.

I totally agree with these posts, they encompass exactly how I feel about the game and issues surrounding it. The amount of inane comments I've seen on this site is nauseating, some posters say "quality over quantity" as if we can't have or expect both. Then there's even worse things that they regurgitate like "don't buy the game then"... If we're on a Kingdom Hearts site, we obviously like the games but we just expect better from the company making it.

We've been waiting over 10 years to play this game and it's been in development for 5 years, we expect better and the dismissive comments from people that just accept anything given to them is probably part of the reason why Square got so lazy with the game.

I'm not saying that we demand certain things but they have really missed the mark with this game, no coliseum, lack of Disney and original worlds, no secret bosses... This is normal stuff that should be in the game, this shouldn't be Final Mix or DLC content.

Anyway, I'm done right now, I honestly can't put into words how disappointed I feel about the game right now. All this time and build up to be left with some sort of half-arsed game is seriously crushing. I feel like a precedent has already been set with the leaking of the game and the marketing of the game. Dispirited.

Skykh

Khux makes more than kh3 even it hits 10 million sales.

Seriously the most profitable games for Square are FFXIV,[ Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius, Dragon Quest of the Stars, Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light, and Kingdom Hearts: Unchained X.

maximumlight8

Awards
I wonder how much of KH3's development was funded by KHUX since people literally spend thousands and thousands of dollars playing it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Radiant Garden is the home world of multiple main characters, including Kairi, Lea, Ansem the Wise, Isa and every other apprentice character in the Organization. It's also the Capital of Light and as a world it has been given its own arc, from the image of its former glory in BBS, to the corrupted base of operations for the main cast of villains in KH1, to a world in the process of being repaired and reclaimed by the original inhabitants in KH2. That needs closure, and it takes more than a glimpse or a cutscene to convincingly do that.

The Restoration Committee is, or has been, central to Sora's story and his development as a character. You can't write them out of KH1 or KH2 without restructuring the plot, and they were present as a segment of the whole chain of memories that makes up his heart in CoM. We're constantly told that Sora's strength stems from the bonds he's formed with others, yet it seems we're expected to believe that he doesn't reach out to Leon and the gang, the people who first introduced him to his role as the wielder of the Keyblade and gave him refuge after he lost his entire home world and was separated from the friends he loves most, even once to gain some guidance or insight throughout the hardest journey he's ever been on. Yeah, you can write around that if you're that insistent on being a hack, but it's not believable and, worse, it's an unnecessary burden to place on the audience.

There will not be an ultimate Shimomura rendition of "Scherzo di Notte" in KH3. Just let that sink in.

Destiny Islands also does not appear to be playable. #NotMyKH3

Well giving closure to restoring Radiant Garden and Leon and the gang apparently wasn't a priority to Nomura, *shrug*. I'm not happy about it but I can't say I'm really all that shocked. There is still KH4 and beyond for Radiant Garden to return an play an important role in the new saga's plot.

Honestly I'm more disappointed at Destiny Island's absence since you could have at least tied that with Xehanort.

sorawild

Well something I gotta point out is that Japanese companies have a history of not listening to their western audience's due to the fact that they still make the vast majority of their profit from within Japan. Even big companies like Square still make more money in Japan than anywhere else. Square is in this weird place where the term "Too big to fail" actually holds weight. No matter how bad the recent FF games have been people will still keep buying them (After the awful FFXIII trilogy FFXV still sold 15m in the first week). Not to mention FFXIV which is the 2nd most popular MMO on the market and is the game they make a full quarter of their profits from yearly.

Perkilator

Awards
Wow, these spoilers have made KHInsider more toxic than the Springfield Power Plant. I think I’m gonna take off for a while.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
If we're on a Kingdom Hearts site, we obviously like the games but we just expect better from the company making it.
Exactly. The reality is that, despite all the reactionary claims that people simply don't have enough faith in Nomura, I actually feel like I've gone out of my way to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've purchased and played multiple versions of every game in the series at this point, sometimes even triple dipping on titles. I can't say I regret that, because I did make the choice of my own volition and I did get the games I paid for at the time, but part of the incentive to do so was to take part in the process that was always, inevitably, leading to KH3. I wanted to support the franchise and help push it towards this milestone. And now it seems that not only is it underperforming in the realm of unexpected but hoped-for surprises a game of this caliber should target, it feels like it's doggedly undermining its own base of popular support in various ways, as well.

I don't have a problem with the amount of content in KH3, to be perfectly honest. I understand why some people do, but it's not my primary concern. I'm conflicted about the conceptual argument for why the game is structured the way it is: the idea that Nomura went into it thinking it's perfectly fine to ignore or minimize the established history of these characters and the stories that have fueled the engine of this franchise.

I want to believe he didn't do that, but right now it's just like, yikes. Yikes.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Well giving closure to restoring Radiant Garden and Leon and the gang apparently wasn't a priority to Nomura, *shrug*.
I mean, obviously. The fact remains that the game would have benefited from making it a priority. Ergo, it's worse off because he didn't. That's the point.

There is still KH4 and beyond for Radiant Garden to return an play an important role in the new saga's plot.
If I hear one more person tell me to wait for KH4 to get closure on literally anything I'm going to split my heart in two and travel back to Japan circa 2000 or whatever and rudely interrupt that conversation in the elevator just to spite this franchise. I will butterfly effect Squaresoft out of existence so help me.

edit: oops, this was meant to be an edit to the previous post. My bad.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Wow, these spoilers have made KHInsider more toxic than the Springfield Power Plant. I think I’m gonna take off for a while.

This. Holy crap you guys here some leaks and now you’re all doom and gloom? I thought better of this site.

Nukara

Awards
I mean, obviously. The fact remains that the game would have benefited from making it a priority. Ergo, it's worse off because he didn't. That's the point.

If I hear one more person tell me to wait for KH4 to get closure on literally anything I'm going to split my heart in two and travel back to Japan circa 2000 or whatever and rudely interrupt that conversation in the elevator just to spite this franchise. I will butterfly effect Squaresoft out of existence so help me.

edit: oops, this was meant to be an edit to the previous post. My bad.

Well, we have already reached the point that KH would not have existed ...
Wash you specifically bent the stick at the moment.

U.N. Owen

Awards
I think we have reached the Point of No Return. All I can foresee with this conversation are cyclical arguments, accusations against the leaker, and the blame game.

Senzura

Banned
This. Holy crap you guys here some leaks and now you’re all doom and gloom? I thought better of this site.

The real issue is people here are so emotionally invested in a video game, they take any and all legitimate criticism as "trolling" and "negativity"

ZJGamer

I think we have reached the Point of No Return. All I can foresee with this conversation are cyclical arguments, accusations against the leaker, and the blame game.

Ya know there is a time when one needs to be cynical and negative. It's called being realistic and honest. Being too positive can make one delusional.

UltimaXOmega

My prediction score.
Visuals:9
Music:8.5
Gameplay:9.5
Replay value:4
Story:7
Worlds:6.5
Exploration:6
Length:5

Overall:7/10

I'm curious to see how I will actually rate it, when it comes out.

lux_crusader

Ya know there is a time when one needs to be cynical and negative. It's called being realistic and honest. Being too positive can make one delusional.
Delusion can go either way. It’s nuts how many people have given up on a game they haven’t even played

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
You can't tell people it's about "quality over quantity" on the one hand, and then on the other turned around and argue that people ought to be happy with anything that's dished out.

My prediction score.
Visuals:9
Music:8.5
Gameplay:9.5
Replay value:4
Story:7
Worlds:6.5
Exploration:6
Length:5

Overall:7/10

I'm curious to see how I will actually rate it, when it comes out.
This seems like a fun game. My prediction:

Visuals: 9
Music: 10
Gameplay: 5
Replay value: 1
Story: 3
Worlds: 3
Exploration: 6
Length: 5

Overall: I dunno like 6/10? I weight story and world selection way higher than gameplay, length or visuals so I'm predicting it'll be like a D grade in my book. The music might rescue it to a C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back