• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;ii3n7hYQOl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii3n7hYQOl4[/video]

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the creative minds behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, bring their unique talents to a fresh vision of a different Spider-Man Universe, with a groundbreaking visual style that’s the first of its kind. “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the mask.

This looks REALLY good. Can't wait to see it next year. Get hype for Miles!!!

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I gotta admit, this is pretty cool. Not what I was expecting, but I like it. I wonder if we can get previous Sony Spider-Men involved in this, it is involving a multiverse of sorts. Who knows, maybe we'll see Spider-Gwen here too.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It looks ok. I wouldn't go out to see this in theaters though sorrrrry

Relix

A traveler
Awards
This looks great visually, hopefully the plot holds up. I'm definitely looking forward to it

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
A Sony Animation movie that DOESN'T look like complete garbage? What kinda alternate universe did we just drop into?

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Oh yeah, Spider-Man's my man.
'Cept I'll be the loser who will probably be able to see it 3 months after everyone's seen it.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the animation looks like a better animated film is dropping frames

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I love it. It's like a combination of stop motion, CGI, and hand-drawn animation. It's high-time there were some more experimental animated films

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I love it. It's like a combination of stop motion, CGI, and hand-drawn animation. It's high-time there were some more experimental animated films
Amen. This looks pretty awesome, and I view most everything Marvel with an overdose of skepticism. When I heard Miles was getting an animated debut I thought it would be some second-class straight-to-DVD schlock proving how little interest there is in generating a wider vision of the superhero genre: gladly I seem to be proven wrong here.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Why is barely anybody talking about this?

This is the best Spider-Man movie ever! Matter of fact, best representation of Spider-Man, period. Puts every other depiction of Spider-Man feature translation to shame.

This is to clearly repent for the sins of The Emoji Movie.

Sony Pictures Animation, your sins have been repented!

NocturnalPatrick

Why is barely anybody talking about this?

This is the best Spider-Man movie ever! Matter of fact, best representation of Spider-Man, period. Puts every other depiction of Spider-Man feature translation to shame.

Sony Pictures Animation, your sins have been repented!

Sheesh looks like if that's the case I definitely have to watch this movie, Homecoming was ok lol

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I saw this twice a few days ago and the whole movie is just stuck in my head. It's amazing. Miles is my son. I never thought I'd like a Post Malone song (he's not really in my genre), but I'm listening to Sunflower over and over again.

Peter Parker got my feels going with his relationship with Miles and stuff. I've never cared about Spiderman this much before. Never.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I've never cared about Spiderman this much before. Never.
Same. I never had a ton of exposure to him but I did like the Ultimate SpiderMan comics as a kid and I saw a couple of the Sam Raimi films and felt they were OK. That's the extent of it, though.

Sony really does seem to have struck gold with this self-contained Spiderverse concept, though. They're doing a spider ladies movie or something, and I think I want to see that. As for Spiderverse 2, I hope they give it plenty of time and let the motif evolve naturally. You can't copy-paste this film: that's a large part of the charm of it.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

That's not really a fair comparison. A lot of animated films tend to be better than live-action ones. While I do agree that Into the Spider-Verse has a better showing than most animated films released in recent memory, to say that it puts all other Spider-man films to shame is a reach because every other Spidey film has been done via live-action and ITSP is the first of its kind. Now, I will give you this: based off what I've read about the story, it will certainly have its place among the top three "first films" of its respective franchise, which I've no doubts that Into the Spider-Verse will launch itself into sequel and spin-off territory.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Praise this movie and the work put into it, I never thought I would love Miles as much as I do now. <3

Back