• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I might go back and read some of the posts I've skipped to avoid being spoiled.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

ZeVaine

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

mriku90

Awards
So "Let it Go" was basically Sora, Donald, and Goofy just gawking in the background? Seriously? I know Elsa wanted to distance herself from them but I would have liked it better if they did a different spin on the song. Instead of just a copy and paste

I was more shocked at how incredible it looked, very impressive segment.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So I just finished Arendelle and watched a cutscene with the new organization. Nomura wasted no time confirming Demyx and Luxord came from the Chi era as well, lol I really shouldn't be surprised

Elysium

Awards
I was more shocked at how incredible it looked, very impressive segment.
Me, too. Well, that and I still find the song and Idina Menzel's voice amazing, too. :tongue: I wouldn't find it believable for Elsa to still sing knowing they were there. She was freaked out by being around people for the whole first movie, even after she's built her ice palace.

SerDuncan

Okay, I know this is off topic from the rest of this discussion, but I'm in bad shape right now.

I literally just made an account so I could get some thoughts out quickly.

I beat the game, so these are full story spoilers INCLUDING the Epilogue and the Secret Movie... kinda

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It just sucks. I beat the game Wednesday, and I'm been thinking about it every day since then, trying to think about what was good, what was bad... if I'm just being too harsh or not... at this point, I just feel crushed.

Aws

Awards
Okay, I know this is off topic from the rest of this discussion, but I'm in bad shape right now.

I literally just made an account so I could get some thoughts out quickly.

I beat the game, so these are full story spoilers INCLUDING the Epilogue and the Secret Movie... kinda

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It just sucks. I beat the game Wednesday, and I'm been thinking about it every day since then, trying to think about what was good, what was bad... if I'm just being too harsh or not... at this point, I just feel crushed.

I am in quite a similar situation; been a complete emotional wreck since beating the game on Wednesday, skipped class on Thursday and Friday, but now I'm feeling slightly better after scouring all the forums I know for discussions about the game and the ending.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

SerDuncan

I am in quite a similar situation; been a complete emotional wreck since beating the game on Wednesday, skipped class on Thursday and Friday, but now I'm feeling slightly better after scouring all the forums I know for discussions about the game and the ending.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sorry for copying all of this, I'm new to this system here.

You hit everything right on the head for me. I was so disappointed. I mean, yeah, the series has been convoluted, the writing bad at times, the story a little rough around the edges. But never before has it felt so plain that Nomura was done with the series. He pretty much just said at some point. "I'm tired of all these characters and plot threads, I'm ready to move on to KHUX". In retrospect, a lot of his comments in interviews and his comments in the art book reflect this mentality. He has this apologetic, tired tone where he's kinda like... I was tired, this was tiring, I know you'll be mad and I'm sorry. Maybe that's just me.

And the sequel baiting... my lord, it was horrendous! No other Kingdom Hearts game had as much bait for future series as this one. Especially since so much of it was pushing players to play the gatcha game which Nomura himself wouldn't be necessary to play for KH3. Spoiler alert, it kinda was. If you hadn't played it and only watched Back Cover, so many subtle things would be lost. I don't even know how to put into words everything I feel right now.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Aws

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hope I'm not ranting too much on this topic y'all. Been forever since I logged into my account and my friends irl haven't played the game yet so I have no one to vent to.

Awards
So "Let it Go" was basically Sora, Donald, and Goofy just gawking in the background? Seriously? I know Elsa wanted to distance herself from them but I would have liked it better if they did a different spin on the song. Instead of just a copy and paste

It was said in a couple interviews that Disney put an immense pressure on SE not to 'ruin' their cash cow. So basically, SDG weren't allowed to interfere in the story at all. So they tossed in Larxene with the ice maze to give us something to do while plot happened offscreen. I noticed a similar thing with Tangled; while SDG had to go fight monsters, plot happened offscreen. I guess they couldn't figure out what to do with them in the pub scene. Then again, considering that was basically just a musical number in the movies, it probably needed to be cut.

Actually come to think of it, that was probably the main reason the majority of the plot from most of those worlds were glossed over. Three songs being sung in the game was enough for me. (Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me... xD)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Hope I'm not ranting too much on this topic y'all. Been forever since I logged into my account and my friends irl haven't played the game yet so I have no one to vent to.

This is a topic worth ranting on imo.
The series was juggling these specific narrative balls for years and they didn't drop them, they practically slam dunked them on the ground.

I also feel a bit bad that the points I have to make are mostly negative ones... KH III DID do good things and it's not a bad game by any means... but then again, on these issues I feel like we're not wrong to be disappointed.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Really loving The Caribbean so far. I knew it was going to be my favorite Disney world and boy did it not disappoint. I dont even mind the White crab hunt cause it means I get to explore more of the gorgeous town of Port Royal. So happy this world got a second chance

It was said in a couple interviews that Disney put an immense pressure on SE not to 'ruin' their cash cow. So basically, SDG weren't allowed to interfere in the story at all. So they tossed in Larxene with the ice maze to give us something to do while plot happened offscreen. I noticed a similar thing with Tangled; while SDG had to go fight monsters, plot happened offscreen. I guess they couldn't figure out what to do with them in the pub scene. Then again, considering that was basically just a musical number in the movies, it probably needed to be cut.

Actually come to think of it, that was probably the main reason the majority of the plot from most of those worlds were glossed over. Three songs being sung in the game was enough for me. (Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me... xD)
I just dont get how SDG's presence would ruin the plot. If anything it would enrich it. Because of this limits Arendelle's plot really suffered

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Going through Kingdom of Corona. The Disney Worlds are amazing, but the Originals Worlds have been disappointing me:

- Twilight Town is richer but smaller. There are cutscenes happening inside the mansion and later at the clock tower and we can't either go inside the mansion or the station.

- Riku is only playable during the boss fight so far and we can't even explore a little of Realm of Darkness with him.

- The Radiant Garden cutscenes are such a tease and the reason Riku/Mickey go there actually makes sense. I definitely want a playable scenario as DLC, even though it should already be in the base game.

Last edited:

mriku90

Awards
Really loving The Caribbean so far. I knew it was going to be my favorite Disney world and boy did it not disappoint. I dont even mind the White crab hunt cause it means I get to explore more of the gorgeous town of Port Royal. So happy this world got a second chance

I just dont get how SDG's presence would ruin the plot. If anything it would enrich it. Because of this limits Arendelle's plot really suffered

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zul

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back