• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

On the subject of Terra and Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I havenvt really thought about this, but yeah, you're right it should have been Apprentice Xehanort that returned.

It couls have been though, with his older original self around, it probably should have been easy for him to regain his true memories and fake being Terra. Still the body would have had to have been 10 years older, which it wasnt.
Still i suspect that it was the recompleted Apprentice Xehanort that Terra retook or we'd have a paradox on our hands.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I assumed present-day Terra forcing his heart into the past-Terranort body managed to tether it to that time period.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I assumed present-day Terra forcing his heart into the past-Terranort body managed to tether it to that time period.

But if that were the case where did apprentice xehanort or even ansems Guardian come from?
I mean i dont put it past Noomura not to care about how that'd create a paradox, but it'd be frustrating.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But if that were the case where did apprentice xehanort or even ansems Guardian come from?
I mean i dont put it past Noomura not to care about how that'd create a paradox, but it'd be frustrating.

Admittedly I kinda give this issue a pass, unlike the RAX stuff which is probably the biggest offender in the game in regards to how little sense everything makes.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Why should it have been Apprentice Xehanort that returned?
The recompletion process brings back together the parts that belong together, not any parts that were stolen.
Didn't Yen Sid already show that in the secret ending of Re: Coded?
Xehanort's heart belongs in his own body and not the one stolen from Terra, hence why it is logical for his heart to return to the original body (meaning Master Xehanort).

If I recall correctly in the DDD Ultimania there was explicitly the question thrown in what happened to Terra's heart and body.

Awards
Why should it have been Apprentice Xehanort that returned?
The recompletion process brings back together the parts that belong together, not any parts that were stolen.
Didn't Yen Sid already show that in the secret ending of Re: Coded?
Xehanort's heart belongs in his own body and not the one stolen from Terra, hence why it is logical for his heart to return to the original body (meaning Master Xehanort).

If I recall correctly in the DDD Ultimania there was explicitly the question thrown in what happened to Terra's heart and body.

I mean, if that were true, wouldn't Terra have just woken up somewhere because his heart and body belong together? But tbh i've probably given way too many things a pass in this game to be focusing on this issue. It'd be cool if a lot of this kinda stuff is cleared up in ultimania but i don't expect it. I feel like Kingdom Hearts is more enjoyable if you just embrace the chaos and roll with it.

KHRULER

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

hlc1988

Awards
Well, once the Heartless and the Nobody are destroyed the original body returns, right? That's how Xehanort returned in DDD because that had happened. So, Terra's body and his heart was returned in the same time period. He didn't come from the past. He was present-day Terra but still Xehanort's vessel when he was recompleted after Xemnas' destruction. He didn't time-travel at all. That's how I am seeing it.

KHRULER

Awards
Well, once the Heartless and the Nobody are destroyed the original body returns, right? That's how Xehanort returned in DDD because that had happened. So, Terra's body and his heart was returned in the same time period. He didn't come from the past. He was present-day Terra but still Xehanort's vessel when he was recompleted after Xemnas' destruction. He didn't time-travel at all. That's how I am seeing it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

des97

Awards
So, if once one's Heartless and Nobody are respectively defeated the original self is born again, how come when Xigbar dies -presumably alongside his Heartless-, Luxu, who is Xigbar's original self, does not come back? Mumble mumble... Probably another plothole has just joined the list.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So, if once one's Heartless and Nobody are respectively defeated the original self is born again, how come when Xigbar dies -presumably alongside his Heartless-, Luxu, who is Xigbar's original self, does not come back? Mumble mumble... Probably another plothole has just joined the list.

I don't know what you're asking? Were you expecting Luxu to return in his original body?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

What? I'm confused by what you are asking.

Xigbar was Braig, who was body-snatched by Luxu. Luxu =/= Braig, but rather Luxu has complete control of Braig's body. The specifics of when and how Luxu took over his body remains unknown right now, but for all purposes Luxu is using this body as his own.

Luxu has been playing the long-con, which means many of Xigbar's actions are up for debate now.

Xigbar didn't die in KH3, he jumps off the edge of the ruins and "disappears". From that point he just spends the rest of his time observing the events of the Keyblade War until everything is over so he may obtain his Keyblade again.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What? I'm confused by what you are asking.

Xigbar was Braig, who was body-snatched by Luxu. Luxu =/= Braig, but rather Luxu has complete control of Braig's body. The specifics of when and how Luxu took over his body remains unknown right now, but for all purposes Luxu is using this body as his own.

Luxu has been playing the long-con, which means many of Xigbar's actions are up for debate now.

Xigbar didn't die in KH3, he jumps off the edge of the ruins and "disappears". From that point he just spends the rest of his time observing the events of the Keyblade War until everything is over so he may obtain his Keyblade again.

I think they’re wondering if Luxu possessed Braig the same way Xehanort possessed Terra, why did Luxu come back as Braig while Xehanort came back as his original self after their Nobodies were destroyed in KH2?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I think they’re wondering if Luxu possessed Braig the same way Xehanort possessed Terra, why did Luxu come back as Braig while Xehanort came back as his original self after their Nobodies were destroyed in KH2?
That's what I got from des97.

Just wait for it to turn out Braig isn't really Luxu at all and is actually

Spoiler Spoiler Show

des97

Awards
Thank you very much for summing it up for me. I indeed needed to specify I was referring to KH2's Xigbar.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank you very much for summing it up for me. I indeed needed to specify I was referring to KH2's Xigbar.

Oh! It’s likely a different form of possession or a matter of experience. He probably isn’t just implanting his heart, but his entire heart and soul into the people he body-snatches in order to completely take over their bodies as his own. It’s clear he’s done this for eons, so his technique is perfected as he moves on from body to body whereas Xehanort hadn’t started his body-snatching thing until he was an old man.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh! It’s likely a different form of possession or a matter of experience. He probably isn’t just implanting his heart, but his entire heart and soul into the people he body-snatches in order to completely take over their bodies as his own. It’s clear he’s done this for eons, so his technique is perfected as he moves on from body to body whereas Xehanort hadn’t started his body-snatching thing until he was an old man.

I doubt that Luxu even takes the soul with him and instead uses the soul that already is present in the target body.
Why?

Because the soul is the very reason Luxu does all this in the first place.
In the KH universe the soul is a battery of lifeforce which maintains the body and allows the heart to control it and use it to interact with the physical world.

As time goes on and the body ages due to use by the heart, the soul slowly but surely spends the lifeforce it has and the possible ability to replenish/recharge it wanes the longer it is used, just like a real-life accumulator works.

Once the souls energy is fully spend, death occurs and the body is gone for good, only the immortal part (heart) remains as described in the KH 2 reports.

So Luxu taking the soul with him when hopping bodies would be counter productive as it would be a nearly spent one. He needs a "fresh" or still largely full soul to continue on in the physical world without interruption.

I do think however that the technique Luxu uses is different and probably on a higher level than Xehanort's by far as well. While he was not a chosen Foreteller he is one of the first six Keyblade Masters to exist so he most likely has access to and knowledge of ancient arcane abilities not even Xehanort was privy to.

des97

Awards
I understand you all want to hope it's just not another plothole, yet I believe this is very convoluted and suspicious. The only possible difference we could speculate about so far is the following: Luxu gave No Name to one of the 5 new Union Leaders and was left keybladeless as they traveled to the future; therefore, the process of "heart hopping" could indeed be different, but the information we have is not enough.

Back