• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ImVentus

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I mean, it was obvious that the 7 PoH weren't the PoH forever considering how thousands of years have happened since the World reformed. The explanation given is simplistic, yes, but maybe that's a blessing in this series.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I mean, it was obvious that the 7 PoH weren't the PoH forever considering how thousands of years have happened since the World reformed. The explanation given is simplistic, yes, but maybe that's a blessing in this series.

True we knew that those seven probably weren't always the 7 hearts of pure light. I just think, that most of us assumed it was a live long thing. That you're born a princess of heart and upon your death a new one is born to hold the light.

I guess now the lore has been expanded on to explain that the passing happens each time the Princesses fulfil their roles, probably along with what we assumed.

Personally I'm not a fan of this development, especially because in KH2 they still clearly were all PoH.

I feel like if they wanted to introduce new princesses of heart they should have done it in kh4 and said that there was a shift in the world order when Xehanort reforgde the X-Blade and killed Kairi.

I especially feel this way because the new PoH didn't add anything to KH3's story.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah I was more mad because I thought it would be fun to gather the OG princesses one last time, but the actual explanation was simple and seemed fine to me. I actually don't remember anything in KH2 really discussing the princesses at all? Like obviously Kairi, Jasmine, and Belle were around but I forget if they ever brought up their status in anything but the past tense?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I was thinking of the password thing. Though I guess you could argue that Ansem's Password would be the Princesses of Heart from when he was working with the system. So I guess my point is mute. Though Mickey did talk in the present tense when listing them.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I was thinking of the password thing. Though I guess you could argue that Ansem's Password would be the Princesses of Heart from when he was working with the system. So I guess my point is mute. Though Mickey did talk in the present tense when listing them.

Ah right! I mean that was a thing ha. I guess yea, to the writers it was an old password though lol. Which I guess is a simple enough explanation lol. You are clearly allowed to still dislike that overall of course. I wasn't thrilled about it either at first, I guess I just have sorta accepted it ha. It was definitely set up overall for the next game as well. Though I do think they sorta used Rapunzel and Elsa/Anna "resurrecting" people to parallel what Kairi did for Sora later. Showing its not just Kairi but all the princesses who can do things like that with the power of love.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Ah right! I mean that was a thing ha. I guess yea, to the writers it was an old password though lol. Which I guess is a simple enough explanation lol. You are clearly allowed to still dislike that overall of course. I wasn't thrilled about it either at first, I guess I just have sorta accepted it ha. It was definitely set up overall for the next game as well. Though I do think they sorta used Rapunzel and Elsa/Anna "resurrecting" people to parallel what Kairi did for Sora later. Showing its not just Kairi but all the princesses who can do things like that with the power of love.

Hm... but in both those cases it wasnt really the Princess of heart power, but the magic native to their world, they had in them. The parallel would have been there anyways.
So they didnt have to be PoHs. Though them being new PoH does kind of conect them to Kairi.

I hope they do end up doing interesting things with the new PoH.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I finished the game. Overall it was worth the wait and I had a great time, but there are things I didn't like:

- Lack of Disney Worlds. There's only 8 and 100 Acre Wood is shorter than ever. The other 7 are gigantic but by prioritizing quality over quantity, they lost variety.

- Lack of Final Fantasy characters. There's absolutely no reason why Seifer gang couldn't be NPCs in Twilight Town and/or Leon and the others couldn't interact with Sora through the Gummiphone.

- No Olympus Tournaments even though there's big arena for that behind Zeus. Battlegates aren't as fun.

- Charaters appearing on screen and not having voices (Phil, Dilan, Aeleus, most of the links...)

- The dialogue can be cheesier than ever.

- Sora's portrayal. Not only he is responsible for most of the cheesy lines, buy his behavior during the beginning of the War is also something I didn't like. Overall KH1 Sora felt more mature than him.

- Riku is only playable twice and both times against the same boss. It also felt like Riku couldn't do anything successfully on its own and Riku Replica/Sora always had to come to his rescue.

- Some Original Worlds treatment. Twilight Town is smaller and Realm of Darkness is not explorable.

- How many times do we have to fight against the Demon Tower/Tide from now on?!

- Sora is the only playable character during the Keyblade War.

- No critical mode. It should already be in the base game. The tweaks can be done later.

In the end I stand by my opinion that the game was rushed because of that engine fiasco. Lose an entire year of development can't be good a thing for anyone. There was never a game that I wished as much for DLC as this one, because there a lot of potential here.

The way the story was handled, a Riku scenario seems to be the obvious choice when it comes to story content.

We should be able to explore a little of RoD before fighting against Demon tide and after that have a playable Radiant Garden scenario. I also don't like how Saix doesn't have a World for himself, so he show up in that world not only it would be perfect but we would also be killing two birds with one stone. While he's in there we could have a flashback about him and Lea talking about saving "her", so that plot point didn't came from nowhere when he meets Axel.

A Kairi scenario would also be cool, but considering how she was treated during the whole saga that doesn't seem likely. We could explore more of her training with Lea (what they even did?!) and their final test could involve a second visit to one of the Worlds we already have like Twilight Town. Merlin is there afterall. And while we're at it, give us the rest of Twilight Town.

Last edited:

hlc1988

Awards
But if the role of the Princess of Hearts have been fulfilled, in what is presumably KH1, then how come Kairi still retains her power and rank as a POH? Surely that power should have passed on from her too?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
But if the role of the Princess of Hearts have been fulfilled, in what is presumably KH1, then how come Kairi still retains her power and rank as a POH? Surely that power should have passed on from her too?

I believe they literally just say "Oh she must be one of the new ones too" and move on lol. I kinda did forget about that, the convenience of it irks me.

SomeKHFan

Awards

I feel it's because she didn't stay back to hold back the darkness in Hollow bastion in KH1 like the other princesses did. She left with Sora and co for Traverse Town, while the others were using their power to prevent an even larger heartless tide from leaving the world. So she never actually used her power in the game.

Awards
So after seeing that one of Axel's moves involves replacing his keyblade with his chakrams, I'm starting to think that his and Kairi's training was apparently bad enough that he'd rather use his old stuff.

hope im wrong

Last edited:

LostArtist

Awards
So after seeing that one of Axel's moves involves replacing his keyblade with his chakrams, I'm starting to think that his and Kairi's training was apparently bad enough that he'd rather use his old stuff.

it's cause of all people, merlin trained them (sigh)
tumblr_orx682rg3D1s27j91o1_640.png

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

hope im wrong
I got a good look at them on a video and the "chakrams" are actually fireballs.

When ya think about it, why did Yen Sid choose Merlin of all people?
Old wizarding budding, probably.

Axendra

hope im wrong

I didn't see it as him replacing the keyblade with his old chakrams. I just saw it as a keyblade transformation just like how most of the keyblades sora uses turn into guns, staffs, spears and what not. I was actually pleased when I noticed this in battle.

SerDuncan

I feel like... we're kinda giving the writers too much credit here.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm mad, I'm steaming. Why they gotta treat my boy Axel this way. He nearly took out Marluxia on his own, and was able to fight full strength Xion and win. He should at least be able to put up a fight. D:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I feel like... we're kinda giving the writers too much credit here.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm mad, I'm steaming. Why they gotta treat my boy Axel this way. He nearly took out Marluxia on his own, and was able to fight full strength Xion and win. He should at least be able to put up a fight. D:

In my headcannon, I think Nomura just does not like to write Kairi but other people on his staff does so he begrudging has to give her more stuff to do. Like just watch the KH3 opening and you think wow Kairi and Sora have this strong bond and even perhaps love for each other than the game falls flat of that.

So I am just going to believe Nomura did not really want Kairi to fight but this was his compromise which was not much better.

Back