• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Story Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
There you go! See, took us like five seconds to come up with that.
I can't even call it lazy. It feels deliberate. I hate saying "Nomura obviously hates Kairi" as it feels melodramatic, but that remains the only explanation I can come up with.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Leon gang and Fairy Godmother can still be added if Nomura wants.

The FF characters could appear in a playable Radiant Garden scenario and Fairy Godmother could be helping Kairi/Axel with their training.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
For the "moments to shine" the only ones apart from Sora I can remember who did get such a moment were Roxas and Terra, with the latter also only due to assistance from Sora.
Naminé might count with summoning the Lingering Will but that's an optional part which also happens largely off-screen.

And even then Roxas' moment of shine didn't really amount to much (for me at least). I mean it was a cool moment for sure, don't get me wrong, but not necessarily a strong moment for his character. He hardly says a word to any of the other protagonist at all, including his best friends, whom he was being built up to reunite with, and he doesn't really get to face off with Xemnas the way he wanted to. Honestly, most of the weight in that scene from him specifically just seemed to be that he was actually back, and not exactly that he did anything noteworthy. Nothing that he was built up to do I guess. The most he does after he arrives is confront Xemnas (verbally, and only to a degree) but nothing about their actual history (like Lea got during his big moment for example). Nothing said about how they think of eachother (aside from Xemnas’ shocked and somewhat unnerved tone, or Roxas’ complete confidence in front of him which I guess you could say alludes to the idea that they may see each other more as equals at this point, but then you could just as easily argue against that too), so when I look back at that moment, it's just not very satisfying. It's appeal wasn't very long lasting because it just didn't feel like it had enough personal weight or meaning beneath the surface. He's back, yay!!!... Now what? An anticlimactic fight with Isa (who he had no major issues with, and who he might have potentially known, based on the diologue, was the one responsible for his return in the first place)? Then, next to no on-screen dialogue to his actual companions (I think it was only about 2 words)? It's just… lacking.

Terra's moment, in comparison, gave him the opportunity to not only reclaim his body (even though it was Sora who exorcised Terranort from him), but also save his friends, and Sora included, from their near demise (twice if you count the lingering will intrusion). As he does this, he's given a moment to recite one of his most important lines as a character (his promise to Aqua & Ventus), and that was immediately followed by some actual heartfelt dialogue, from him specifically, that gave us some level of incite into how the event affected him as a character (his thoughts at least), as well as some pay-off to a few key moments in BBS. It showcased his strengths: his will power, his tenaciousness, and his incredible loyalty to his friends (even if, again, he did have some very major assistance at the moment, but then so did Roxas).

Idk. I just feel that once the initial hype is gone,and I can actually look at the moment for what it is, it's just not really the strongest (Roxas’ I mean). About on the level of Xion or Axel's (the latter of which also only amounted to verbally confronting his superior, on top of all the Isa stuff), and even those scenes for me had much more long lasting appeal and nuance to them. But I guess Nomura's just referring to moments on a surface level, and not really whether they have much substance to them.

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
Sleeping Realm Theory

I'm surprised no one has really brought this up yet on this thread. Even though it might get disproven with the Ultimatma, it at least makes sense of

Spoiler Spoiler Show

This theory at the very least adds more depth and meaning to the KH3 events that might have been just plain bad writing, so I give it credit for that.

Last edited:

kaseykockroach

Awards
I remain confused as to why anyone’s still frustrated with KH3’s writing, as I would think you fellas would be used to it by now! It’s not like Nomura had claimed to have been taken writing classes, so I had no reason to expect anything more than unintentional comedy as per usual. My low expectations were surpassed, actually (I gave somewhat of a crap what was going on, a sensation I haven’t experienced since Chain of Memories).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I remain confused as to why anyone’s still frustrated with KH3’s writing, as I would think you fellas would be used to it by now! It’s not like Nomura had claimed to have been taken writing classes, so I had no reason to expect anything more than unintentional comedy as per usual. My low expectations were surpassed, actually (I gave somewhat of a crap what was going on, a sensation I haven’t experienced since Chain of Memories).
Because people were expecting more from the entry that was to end the Xehanort Saga.

But personally, I always remained conservative, and still am, though I expect Nomura to better his writing, seeing as how he just closed a 15 year old story, is rather excited for the Foretellers Saga, and he seems to be implementing Versus XIII stuff.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I can’t stop thinking about the line “Let the Kraken have a crack!”.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I can’t stop thinking about the line “Let the Kraken have a crack!”.

Remember there's the localization team as well, though it's possible the original Japanese line bears the same cheesy spirit.

What I can't stop thinking about is how under-served the Xehanort Saga got during its end because it was used as a means to settle the ground for the Foretellers Saga. I will forever be salty with that.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but for the first time I actually had fun with Gummi Ship.

It was always something I despised in this franchise, because of how boring it was. This time it all started because I wanted the last Orichalcum+ for Ultima Weapon and I was forced to explore this section, in order to succeed in beating all bosses at Eclipse Galaxy.

In the end I actually had fun. After getting the Orichalcum+, I still kept aiming for completing the rest (beat Schwarzgeist, get A Rank in all missions, etc...)

Most Classic Kingdom games, however, are boring. I don't know how much time it took them to develop this section, but I think there's too many minigames and I would sacrifice most of them for more interesting things, like the rest of Twilight Town for example. Wasting development time with this doesn't seem right, when the game is lacking in other areas.

shady543

Awards
Ahhhh I'm getting concerned that this could mean that Vanitas may actually be gone for good, which makes me even more pissed considering he basically got the most weird and half-assed open ending and didn't even look defeated at all like the others. And the japanese version makes it even worse and him 'dying' feeling too forced. Now I'm just hoping he pulls an Axel and comes back due to demand or something since I know a lot of people didn't like his ending. :\

What confuses me though is that even if he got time traveled, his heart didn't go back once he got 'eliminated', so I admit half of me has hope that there's a reason why it's not stated that it went back.

Last edited:

drew0512

Awards
The "Light from the past" scene was so epic, definitely one of my favourite moments in the entire series. The music is pretty fantastic, too.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
D1HJKTbV4AAnSDF

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/1103884584226156545

KudoTsurugi

Awards

LostArtist

Awards
They shrunk Sora's necklace... Why did they feel the need to shrink Sora's necklace? Strange as it sounds, it works better with the new outfit in it's original size in my eyes.

maybe they thought it would make him look older?

Back