• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Persona Thread (Spin-offs galore!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
lol BestBuy has a leakin' prob

First they leak Joker's Smash render, now the Persona 5 Switchhahhhahhaha

P.S. Something tells me that Switch P5 will be vanilla P5.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I can see Atlus blaming cartridge capacity/costs on why Switch doesn't get the complete package. I think that's the reason why P3:p didn't have the FES content.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
lol BestBuy has a leakin' prob

First they leak Joker's Smash render, now the Persona 5 Switchhahhhahhaha

P.S. Something tells me that Switch P5 will be vanilla P5.

Somebody at BestBuy must really like Persona 5 to leak out information twice. At this rate, Atlus should just drop the ball already and tell us what we want to know. lol.

If it turns out to be a vanilla copy for the Switch, I’ll pass. I’ve played my vanilla copy of Persona 5 three times on three different modes already. I don’t think I could do it a fourth time, even if it’s for the Switch.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I can see Atlus blaming cartridge capacity/costs on why Switch doesn't get the complete package. I think that's the reason why P3:p didn't have the FES content.
Pretty much this. And I mean... putting P3 on the PSP pretty much was a feat of its own.
Somebody at BestBuy must really like Persona 5 to leak out information twice. At this rate, Atlus should just drop the ball already and tell us what we want to know. lol.

If it turns out to be a vanilla copy for the Switch, I’ll pass. I’ve played my vanilla copy of Persona 5 three times on three different modes already. I don’t think I could do it a fourth time, even if it’s for the Switch.
lol it was apparently leaked from an employee terminal. The Joker Smash thing must have been accidental, and could be Marketing's fault, even assuming they do their own Marketing and don't subcontract a firm.

But I doubt Atlus will change their plans.
A.) Everyone will forget about it until they announce.
B.) People can shelve it s rumors.

Obiewantsanipod

I'm concerned P5S is P5 vanilla. If it was just P5R they could've just released it on multiple platforms. The fact that the possible switch version has a different name leads me to believe that it's a different version, and I hope that's not the case.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm concerned P5S is P5 vanilla. If it was just P5R they could've just released it on multiple platforms. The fact that the possible switch version has a different name leads me to believe that it's a different version, and I hope that's not the case.
And there's also the fact that its announcement is a day after the Royal's. I'm just guessing it'll be vanilla P5 on Switch. It maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay have some small additions, like Nintendo easter eggs, but that's just about what I'm expecting. I honestly have no problem with it just being vanilla P5, what with portability being a very good factor. And I'm gonna watch the Royal content on YouTube anyways.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
On the other hand, if the Switch version was different, it would incentivize me to purchase it. I enjoy playing games on the Switch thanks to them being handheld and easy to relax and play. TBH, if the different version just comes out on the PS4, I'm not likely to buy it.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh well. FemProtag is a no go.
That's a shame. Was really hoping for that, since P3P gave a lot more content, with new slinks and such.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I hope nobody's heart was too set on playing Persona 5 on the Switch.

I mean, I have fun with Musou games, I really liked the One Piece and Berserk Musou games (still need to play Hyrule Warriors). I know this isn't what a lot of people wanted, and I'm sorry for that. But at the same time I'm more happy getting a completely new entry even if it is a spinoff rather than a port of a game I already own.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The Royal - I don't know what's happening. Is this an expansion, or a sequel/midquel with fewer Social Links?

Scramble - Not what I was expecting, but I like the idea of Persona Warriors, and would like to see how they incorporate Personas and Social Links.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
*slides a fiver*

*FF X Rin voice*
Thank you. Your patronage is very much appreciated!

The Royal - I don't know what's happening. Is this an expansion, or a sequel/midquel with fewer Social Links?

Scramble - Not what I was expecting, but I like the idea of Persona Warriors, and would like to see how they incorporate Personas and Social Links.

Seems like The Royal adds an additional part of the year (I'm guessing the months between January and March which we basically see nothing of ingame?). Hm. But considering the doctor can be seen in some May scenes, some stuff also just seems to be filled with more content.

Personally, I'm glad they didn't just re-release the game for the Switch - or rather, I'm glad that a re-release is not what they hyped up for a month.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm just a little disappointed that P5S is developed by Omega Force/Koei Tecmo, as I personally find their Dynasty Warriors esque games a little repetitive. They're still fun though. Will check it out for sure.
P5R is a definite buy

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm just a little disappointed that P5S is developed by Omega Force/Koei Tecmo, as I personally find their Dynasty Warriors esque games a little repetitive. They're still fun though. Will check it out for sure.
P5R is a definite buy
Hyrule Warriors and Legends were fantastic, tho. Though I get your worry, seeing as how Fire Emblem Warriors is, ehh...

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I'm a big fan of Hyrule Warriors and as long as they don't do the same fuck ups from FE Warriors, we should be fine. I'm pretty pumped tbh since I loved HW and liked FEW.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm a big fan of Hyrule Warriors and as long as they don't do the same fuck ups from FE Warriors, we should be fine. I'm pretty pumped tbh since I loved HW and liked FEW.
What was wrong with Fire Emblem Warriors? I SPECIFICALLY hear people talk trash about that warriors game.

Their Berserk game, One Piece games, and even their Gundam games were all fun. Mind you they were all by the books Musou games, but they were good. It's hard for me to imagine how they could mess one up so bad.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
What was wrong with Fire Emblem Warriors? I SPECIFICALLY hear people talk trash about that warriors game.

Their Berserk game, One Piece games, and even their Gundam games were all fun. Mind you they were all by the books Musou games, but they were good. It's hard for me to imagine how they could mess one up so bad.
This is coming from a guy whose only experience in Musou games was the Nintendo games, but I briefly went over it in this thread. Basically:
-The rock-paper-scissors weapon weakness mechanic was too easy to abuse which made for stale gameplay (kinda funny to say since the games are mostly about taking out 1K-2k+ mooks per mission lol)

-Adding on to that, the majority of the cast uses swords--13 total. This bleeds into the next point as well, but out of those 13, 8 of them are unique playing styles while the rest are clones. For lances there are 5 users, but only 2 styles (foot soldier and pegasus knight), 4 axe users (3 unique styles), 5 magic users (2 styles...maybe 2.5 if you get technical), 4 bow users (all clones, so only 1 stlye), and 1 stone/transformation user. That's 17 unique play styles (17.5 if you include the mage's slight different movesets) compared to Hyrule Warrior's 42 (42.5 if you count the master sword). That's a noticeable difference but it might be unfair to compare the two games. I'm comparing them anyway though since that's the only base line I have lol.

-The game had a lot of clones which was kinda fine since they were all the same classes anyway (The three Pegasus knights played pretty much the same, as did Chrom/Lucina, Leo/Elise, the two Dracoknights, Marth/Celica, etc), but was still kinda lame.

-The cast was heavily weighed towards the later games with 12 characters coming from Fates (Corrin's game), 9 coming from Awakening (Robin/Lucina's game), 6 coming from Shadow Dragon (Marth's game), 1 from The Blazing Blade (Roy's game) and one from Echos (Last 3DS entry that was slept on), with no other representation from any other games. The complaint here is that Hyrule Warriors had representation from nearly every game with memorable characters, but FE Warriors neglected other games. tbh though there isn't a whole lot that can be done here since the game would have been bloated to hell if they pulled a Smash Ultimate and included everyone. Plus it makes sense to focus on the most recent games since those were bringing in the big money. Except Echos, apparently.

-Bringing in the Master Seals from FE games to promote your units was cool in concept, but it sucked on paper because that meant some of your units would be weaker than they could be until you could find enough master seals to promote them. Having them unpromoted not only gave you lower stats, but also locked away unlocking their combos which would limit your variety. There's enough master seals in the game for everyone but...ehhh.

-Speaking of variety, the enemy variety was non existent. You had generic solider man, pegaus knight/dragon rider, and monsters. idk if that was different in Musou games, but in Hyrule Warriors there was a spread of Zelda enemies and regular-ass knights to beat down. P5S won't have this problem though since in the trailer you can see the generic shadows, Pixie, Pyro Jack, and a four legged dude I can't remember. There will no doubt be more mobs as well.

Separately, none of these are deal breakers, but together they all compounded and made the game suffer overall.
Also this was supposed to be a short post what happened someone help

Back