• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts outfit and weapon for Squall Leonhart coming to Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT in June

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT is getting a little bit of Kingdom Hearts next month. Final Fantasy VIII's Squall Leonhart will be getting a paid DLC outfit and weapon based on his Kingdom Hearts design. As with the previous third outfit DLC's for Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT, this outfit is expected to be $13 USD and will arrive on June 5th/6th on Steam and PlayStation 4.

Square Enix announced this at the 10th Dissidia Battle Coliseum, hosted by Dengeki, and later shared the render on Twitter.

Last year, it was discovered through datamining that both Squall Leonhart and Cloud Strife's Kingdom Hearts outfits were already on the disc, so it is only a matter of time before they would be available. However, Cloud's outfit and its eventual release date have yet to be formally announced.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III, The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
$20? Like wtf? Who pays $20 for an outfit?
My apologies, I put the AUD prices in instead of USD.

It is expensive, however it isn’t just an outfit (and two additional alternate colour outfits). You get a weapon and additional voice quotes too (may be KH based?).

Usually two costumes drop at the same time and they are $13 USD individually or together in a $20 USD bundle.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Saw that image somewhere else this morning and for a second I thought it was from the upcoming KH3 DLC, lol. Got excited for a few seconds.

NoWay

Awards
My apologies, I put the AUD prices in instead of USD.

It is expensive, however it isn’t just an outfit (and two additional alternate colour outfits). You get a weapon and additional voice quotes too (may be KH based?).

Usually two costumes drop at the same time and they are $13 USD individually or together in a $20 USD bundle.
It’s not just a costume but weapons and voice tracks as well. It is a lot but this is how Dissidia makes its money now that there is a free version available.

Well to be honest, I still don’t think that $13 or $20 are worth it. I mean, I love Squall and I like his KH outfit. But I wouldn’t pay that much money for a weapon, an outfit and some extra voice lines. I mean, with a $10 or a $20 expansion DLC you could add so much more instead of paying for an outfit + weapon.

I mean $3 - $5 would be okay. But considering the FF15 episodic DLCs I wouldn’t even say $5 are okay. It’s just incredibly expensive from my point of view

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well to be honest, I still don’t think that $13 or $20 are worth it. I mean, I love Squall and I like his KH outfit. But I wouldn’t pay that much money for a weapon, an outfit and some extra voice lines. I mean, with a $10 or a $20 expansion DLC you could add so much more instead of paying for an outfit + weapon.

I mean $3 - $5 would be okay. But considering the FF15 episodic DLCs I wouldn’t even say $5 are okay. It’s just incredibly expensive from my point of view

Oh, I don’t disagree with you at all. This is something Koei Tecmo likes doing a lot (Dynasty Warriors and Dead or Alive are great examples of overpriced DLC) and it’s absolutely insane, but SE is fine to allow it because it’s money.

Awards
Well, found my new main for Dissidia!

Squall is my main. He seriously has the best combos in the entire game.

It’s not just a costume but weapons and voice tracks as well. It is a lot but this is how Dissidia makes its money now that there is a free version available.

Yeah but considering you can purchase a brand new character for $5.99, a new costume and some voice tracks are not worth that much, especially since that is now pretty much half of how much the game itself costs...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The reason they gave on the stream for changing his weapon was that Squall's Revolver looked odd when paired with the Leon alt (which makes no sense to me when that's he wields in KH) so Nomura suggested incorporating motifs from the Keyblade based on it instead.

He looks fabulous though. Aging Squall up to 25 for KH continues to be one of the best decisions they've made.

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh yeah, upon further inspection I see that's not just the Keyblade, it's a mixup.
I like it. Wouldn't be opposed to sneak some of these every once in a while, seems to be the best representation KH could get.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
I absolutely loved Dissidia on PSP and rebought it for Vita.
But this new one is just boring. Boring gameplay and no real story mode.
Also, the DLC is way overpriced. I can get a decent game for that. DLC on PSP was like, 0.99 an out fir and maybe $3usd for a song pack.
I won't be supporting this, even though I love Squall.

Awards
I absolutely loved Dissidia on PSP and rebought it for Vita.
But this new one is just boring. Boring gameplay and no real story mode.
Also, the DLC is way overpriced. I can get a decent game for that. DLC on PSP was like, 0.99 an out fir and maybe $3usd for a song pack.

Yeah I bought it and almost returned it. It’s really hard to get into, but I gave it a few more days and I love it. I’ve only ever really played as Squall though because he’s the easiest to control for me. I don’t care much for story mode though.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This is cool, but not $13 cool. As some, if not most have said, I’m also not a fan of this game. Though I will return it to one day. And that day will probably be once Zack gets included.

Edit: Cloud confirmed

Last edited:

jakoritahari

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT is getting a little bit of Kingdom Hearts next month. <em>Final Fantasy VIII's Squall Leonhart will be getting a paid DLC outfit and weapon based on his Kingdom Hearts design. As with the previous third outfit DLC's for Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT, this outfit is expected to be $13 USD and will arrive on June 5th/6th on Steam and PlayStation 4.

Square Enix announced this&nbsp;at the 10th Dissidia Battle Coliseum, hosted by it was discovered through datamining that both Squall Leonhart and Cloud Strife's Kingdom Hearts outfits were already on the disc, so it is only a matter of time before they would be available.&nbsp;However, Cloud's outfit and Nox Vidmate VLC its eventual release date have yet to be formally announced.

,&nbsp;Kingdom Hearts III, The World Ends With You&nbsp;and all things&nbsp;Kingdom Hearts!&nbsp;
the DLC is way overpriced. I can get a decent game for that. DLC on PSP was like, 0.99 an out fir and maybe $3usd for a song pack.

Last edited:
Back