• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
48034379772_9bc05fb095_b.jpg

Sdog

Awards
Was starting to think this day would never come... and here we are...

Awards
I’m confused. Is the game releasing in 2 parts or is it one release with 2 discs? They didn’t make that clear

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
  • Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
  • Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
  • Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
  • Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
  • Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
  • Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
  • Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
  • Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
The game comes out around a week after my birthday.

I preordered the 1st Class Edition.

Happy Birthday to me.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh I didn’t see that. Awesome! Haha

However, it seems this first game is just Midgar. Idk how on earth they’re expanding it that much to be two discs of content. But that gameplay video has me on board regardless. I love this story and the characters, so I don’t mind spending more time with them.

blank points

Awards
Oh man. Amazing trailer and amazing looking game. The fact that the first part alone is on two discs is insane to me. This game is going to be massive.

I guess this trailer and Chaser's post does confirm that the voices have indeed been recast. That is the only thing I am slightly bummed about. On one hand, I don't mind it too much, mainly because most of the voice actors we have heard are sounding quite good so far. Cloud in particular. His new voice actor sounds a bit like a younger Steve Burton. Although I will miss Steve, the new voice actor may work well for Cloud in his original characterization. However, I am not digging Sephiroth's new voice. It sounds far too underwhelming. I will wait till we hear more of him to properly judge, but so far, I'm not impressed. Hope the voice actors for other characters like Vincent, Reno, Rude, or Zack can do them justice.

Last edited:
Awards
However, it seems this first game is just Midgar. Idk how on earth they’re expanding it that much to be two discs of content. But that gameplay video has me on board regardless. I love this story and the characters, so I don’t mind spending more time with them.

View attachment 11773
I don’t think the game itself will be separated into 2 discs like that. I think it will be like Red Dead Redemption 2 where there will be a data disc and a play disc because the file size is so massive.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don’t think the game itself will be separated into 2 discs like that. I think it will be like Red Dead Redemption 2 where there will be a data disc and a play disc because the file size is so massive.

That is still splitting the game up over two discs. I didn’t say the game would be played half on one disc and half on the other. But the game’s content (or data if you prefer) is confirmed to use two discs.

That said, yes. The method RDR2 used for dividing the content is the most likely one FFVII will use since it allows the most ease of play by installing one disc’s data to the console and then using the other for playing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really need to get my Final Fantasy XV disc back so I can play Episode Ardyn and then delete the 120-ish GB of data to make way for this colossal game. Insane to think that, once this is all done, I'll probably have half of my 1TB hard drive dedicated to FFVIIR. Bless physical though, because fuck having to download all of that date if I want to play it after deleting it.

Back