• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Were Some Organization Members Nobodies Again?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Obiewantsanipod

I've been playing through the game again and I couldn't help but wonder why characters like Vexen, Marluxia, etc. had to be turned into nobodies again. The organization has members who were not nobodies. Terra, MX, Vanitas, Ansem, Xion and Repliku were not nobodies. So why did the other members have to cast their hearts away once more to join?

Do they not have their powers in human form? Or is it because they can't order the lower tier nobodies unless they're one's themselves?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Probably because of the things you just mentioned. Ienzo's group didn't have any powers when they were in Radiant Garden. I imagine it would be the same for the likes of Vexen, Marluxia, Luxord, Larxene, and Demyx. Xigbar is a entirely different matter. They need to be able to summon their Heartless bosses and darkness overload stuff. The Replicas are classified as a different class of Nobodies and Vanitas and Ansem act just like the rest of them too. No regular human would fit the Organization. And before Lea's powers in DDD is brought up, while he was human I have no answer for it.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I just assumed it was eaiser for Xehanort to place his heart into nobodies than regular people, them lacking proberly developed hearts of their own and all.

I think the theory of them lacking their elemental powers would be pretty likely, if Lea didn't clearly display himself still having his fire powers. Though perhaps he's a special case? Ienzo and the other's didn't really give the impression that they had their powers anymore and Ienzo said he could make corridors anymore, yet Lea still managed to do it in DDD.

Also like SweetYetSalty mentioned Replicas like Xion and Repliku have been classified as "special" Nobodies in the past. So perhaps they're as easy to posses as regular humanoid Nobodies.

Obiewantsanipod

I hear you both, but the organization did look for Ven and came so close to adding Sora to their ranks, who, mind you, has been emphasized to be a regular boy again and again.

So hypothetically, TX, MX, and YX plus the above 2 would have been 5 humans in the organization.

And yes, Lea used the corridors in DDD, which is why I assumed they can do something.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I hear you both, but the organization did look for Ven and came so close to adding Sora to their ranks, who, mind you, has been emphasized to be a regular boy again and again.

Yeah, it's obviously possible, Terranort is kind of proof of it. Though in Sora's case they were trying to put his heart into deep slumber, i assume having his heart awake would have given Xehanort more problem.

It's really kinda hard to justify the reason for them becoming Nobodies again in-universe, Other than the assumption there's a power increase or a ease of possession.

In the meta-text it's clear that the main reason they were Nobodies again is so that they could appear as normal people after being defeated in later games.

And yes, Lea used the corridors in DDD, which is why I assumed they can do something.

Yeah, but the way they talked in KH3 made it seem like Lea is an exception, maybe Lea and Isa had been given dark powers before becoming Nobodies and joining the Org?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
As Adrian mentioned it would be easy to bring them back for future games since they could just go through the restoration process again.

Though that begs the question of how Even and presumably Demyx got their hearts back when they didn't fall in battle

Obiewantsanipod

I have a couple of other questions that aren't worth another thread:

a) Right before Sora delivers the final blow to MX, it seemed like we were defeated, we even got the game over screen with a twist. So what happened there, was Sora defeated but used the power of waking to go back in time, or is it just for show?

b) And this one's ridiculous. The first time we visit Twilight Town we're attacked by a heartless shitstorm before it flies off never to be seen or heard from again. What happened there? Were they foreshadowing Aqua's battle since we visit TT right after the KHIII logo appears and we're done with 2.9?

c) Also, why did the gaurdians of light have to be keyblade wielders, while the 13 darknesses can utilize any weapon? Is it because they were all secretly keyblade wielders, unbeknownst to some of them?

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
a) Right before Sora delivers the final blow to MX, it seemed like we were defeated, we even got the game over screen with a twist. So what happened there, was Sora defeated but used the power of waking to go back in time, or is it just for show?

It could go either way. It definitely was included to have an impactful moment with Donald and Goofy calling for Sora through your Controller.

A reading of the situation I've heard and quite like, is that Sora gave up hope for a split second and saw his defeat and got snapped back to reality by the calls of his friends, turning the tide.

But considering how often Sora rewinded time in this game, I wouldn't rule out that possibility either.

b) And this one's ridiculous. The first time we visit Twilight Town we're attacked by a heartless shitstorm before it flies off never to be seen or heard from again. What happened there? Were they foreshadowing Aqua's battle since we visit TT right after the KHIII logo appears and we're done with 2.9?

I think this was tone as a reference to one of the earlier trailers, where Sora though a Demon Tide in Twilight Town. It could also serve as a tease of what's too come. Showing the player and Sora that this time the stakes and challenges a head are bigger and grander.

That said in-universe it's a bit odd for such a swarm of heartless to just suddenly appear, without being summoned by a Xehanort.
Also seeing it just disappeared like that chances of the city or other places in the world being swarmed by shadows isn't too unlikely.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It could go either way. It definitely was included to have an impactful moment with Donald and Goofy calling for Sora through your Controller.

A reading of the situation I've heard and quite like, is that Sora gave up hope for a split second and saw his defeat and got snapped back to reality by the calls of his friends, turning the tide.

But considering how often Sora rewinded time in this game, I wouldn't rule out that possibility either.

I think this was tone as a reference to one of the earlier trailers, where Sora though a Demon Tide in Twilight Town. It could also serve as a tease of what's too come. Showing the player and Sora that this time the stakes and challenges a head are bigger and grander.

That said in-universe it's a bit odd for such a swarm of heartless to just suddenly appear, without being summoned by a Xehanort.
Also seeing it just disappeared like that chances of the city or other places in the world being swarmed by shadows isn't too unlikely.
I thought Ansem/Xemnas summoned the Demon Tide? It seemed as though they were pressuring Sora from the get-go to tire him out for the final battle. Also, they could have been using the Demon Tide to keep people away from the Old Mansion (as we see Ansem taking Ansem The Wise to the Old Mansion, so something must be in there).

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
So hypothetically, TX, MX, and YX plus the above 2 would have been 5 humans in the organization.
Isn't Young Xehanort in a Replica Body along with Xemnas and Ansem, Seeker of Darkness?

Cause it doesn't seem that this Young Xehanort and Ansem in KH3 were the same ones that were seen in Dream Drop Distance since they time traveled and it didn't look like those didn't time traveled once again.

Back