• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix teases "the time to remember" in Kingdom Hearts Union X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix North America has today begun teasing new advancements for Kingdom Hearts Union X. The promotional material showcases the base design for the male player in the Keyblade Graveyard, surrounded by the Keyblades of friends and hearts floating through the sky.

An ad appeared on Crunchyroll that first teased these announcements, and Square Enix fired a tweet from their dedicated Kingdom Hearts Union X account to support and highlight this upcoming development:

Screenshot via @Kiyø#0001

"The time to remember is arriving… History will soon unfold in #KHUX! Stay tuned for more details!"

It is unknown at this time what exactly this will all pertain to. Both promotional materials tie into the Keyblade War, which was skipped over in both Unchained X and Union X, so Square Enix may be finding a way to include that story in Kingdom Hearts Union X.

The Japanese version of Union X is still ahead in the main story, with the Player and Ephemer both witnessing Cy-bugs in Heroes Duty, so it being included in the main story is unlikely unless Square Enix North America makes changes to the timeline and scheduled main quest releases, however anything is fair game at this time, including a tease at the upcoming English release of the Kingdom Hearts X novel. The Japanese version of the game does, however, celebrate its fourth anniversary next month so we may be getting a major update in celebration! 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
GIVE IT TO ME

AR829038

Awards
It's unlikely, but I'm really hoping this announcement means we're getting somewhat closer to the end of the story.
Not to damper on anyone who likes this game, but KHUX has seriously been my least favorite installment in the KH franchise (yes, much worse than Coded), and even though it's cool that they've got a Wreck-It Ralph world in there now, it's clear that it's going to be mostly filler anyway, and at this point I just really want to find out what happens. This game and KH3 kept teasing some massive super-revealing plot development relevant to the story moving forward, and I want to see what it is already and not slog through another year or more of this atrociously monotonous pay-to-win gameplay punctuated by micro-bits of usually insignificant narrative development.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The 4th anniversary of KHUX is upon us, maybe the Global team is again teasing stuff that will appear during the celebration before the Japanese team again.

This means were something like 6,5 years into the KHX story now. It's crazy to think how little has been achieved in this time and how much has been cast aside (the whole Mickey side story for example).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
YES! THE THING!! THE KEYBLADE WAR IS UPON US!
BjOYP9z.gif

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What I want: UX's story ending soon & a console port with 90% of the filler missions cut & rebalanced gameplay so it plays like a proper RPG & not a P2W power creep-fest.

What we'll get: 5 new Classic Kingdom minigames with promises of more coming "later".

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Speculating by the title: guess it's time for another Keyblade War, and time for everyone to remember.

My bet is that everyone will become Darklings.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
What I want: UX's story ending soon & a console port with 90% of the filler missions cut & rebalanced gameplay so it plays like a proper RPG & not a P2W power creep-fest.

What we'll get: 5 new Classic Kingdom minigames with promises of more coming "later".
I'd love that too! But if anything I think Square would rather focus on the next title first. Though if they remake UX I think the game would benefit with the Command Deck System from BBS/DDD. There are so many Unique Special Medal Moves in UX (besides Supernova) that it would be a shame to pass up. (I'd rather them remake 358 and Coded still tbh but maybe they could make another HD Collection of the KHuX remake and 358 and Coded? I'm probably asking for too much.)

5 new Classic Kingdom games, like new-new or new to Union Cross that is from KH3?

I'm excited to see what juicy plot details we'll get in UX in the future either way.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The 4th anniversary of KHUX is upon us, maybe the Global team is again teasing stuff that will appear during the celebration before the Japanese team again.

I'd hoped they learned their lesson after last year's debacle and at least waited to let the Japanese team be the ones to make the first announcement, but alas. The community manager was teasing the Crunchyroll ad on Discord before anyone discovered it on their own, so I guess the folks at SENA are pretty eager to put it out there.

Wonder if Nomura will draw any new artwork for the occasion.

Last edited:

SomeKHFan

Awards
Knowing our luck, it will just be the reveal that Piglet is the Master Of Masters.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Knowing our luck, it will just be the reveal that Piglet is the Master Of Masters.
Knowing our luck they will fade to black or switch to somewhere else several times when things are revealed so we don‘t see them (aka: Ava talking with Luxu in X)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'd hoped they learned their lesson after last year's debacle and at least waited to let the Japanese team be the ones to make the first announcement, but alas. The community manager was teasing the Crunchyroll ad on Discord before anyone discovered it on their own, so I guess the folks at SENA are pretty eager to put it out there.

Wonder if Nomura will draw any new artwork for the occasion.
Can't wait for the mass theorizing that will generate!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
You know what'd be great? If freaking Flower Hoodie finally shows up. Twerp's been on the title screen for forever now.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I don't know why I should be excited, considering the NA version is behind the JP version. Or are they talking about what's gonna happen next overall?

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You know what'd be great? If freaking Flower Hoodie finally shows up. Twerp's been on the title screen for forever now.
I forgot about Flower Hoodie and how they were a thing. What a mess it has been with getting this story out.

Back