• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Future Links/Summons Options.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I wasn't sure if this was appropriate for the KH worlds thread, since this isn't about KH worlds exactly so I made this separate from it.

It's a given that not all Disney worlds will return in future KH games, but that's where Links/Summons can come in. Even though we may not revisit the same old worlds, we can still see amazing Disney characters aide Sora on his adventures through the use of Links/Summons. Who are some characters you all would like to see as Links in the next games? I'll name a few I'd certainly enjoy.

Hercules, The Beast, Jack Skellington, Buzz Lightyear, Tron, and Marshmellow.

Those are only old characters that haven't been summons yet. That's why I didn't rename a few like Ariel, Simba, and Ralph, not that I wouldn't want to see them back. I'd welcome them. And for new characters.

Maui, Flick (a Bugs Life), Wall-E and Eve, and Bolt.

Sarius

Awards
I don't know. Honestly, I NEVER use summons. Ever. I feel like they're completely unnecessary.

AR829038

Awards
I don't know. Honestly, I NEVER use summons. Ever. I feel like they're completely unnecessary.
They're actually pretty useful in KH2. As for 3, they're not distinguishable from one another (they're all basically AOE bombs), but they all do ultra-bs damage against bosses. The KH1 summons, however (besides maybe Tinker Bell) are all pretty useless.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I like the idea of them being Links to former party members or friends. Building upon the idea that friends being a source of power.

One's I'd love to see that we haven't before are:
  • Mulan with Mushu
  • Hercules
  • Beast
  • Tron
  • Aladdin
  • Rapunzel
  • Big Hero 6
I'd also like Sora to be able to summon energy versions of his friends such as Riku for Dark attacks and Kairi for light based attacks.

Honestly I'd love to get back to some of the more passive summon's like Tinkerbell in KH1, where they are basically an ability you could activate, such as Regen or some kind of buff. Alternatively linking with them would give Sora (or whoever) access to a different move set.

Rapunzel for example could give Sora temporary Regen. While Hercules would give the player temporary Invulnerability. Tron could buff Sora's stats for stronger attacks. Mulan and Mushu could give Sora more powerful Sword and Fire.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I was hoping in KH3 that we would have gotten all our old party members for worlds that didn't return. I was expecting Genie (or Aladdin), Jack Skellington, The Beast, Peter Pan, Mulan & Mushu, Tron, and my biggest hope of all: WINNIE THE POOH. I thought with how short 100 Acre Wood was and the story there in KH3 we were going to get Pooh saying he wanted to go with Sora for a change, so that they wouldn't forget each other.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I was hoping in KH3 that we would have gotten all our old party members for worlds that didn't return. I was expecting Genie (or Aladdin), Jack Skellington, The Beast, Peter Pan, Mulan & Mushu, Tron, and my biggest hope of all: WINNIE THE POOH. I thought with how short 100 Acre Wood was and the story there in KH3 we were going to get Pooh saying he wanted to go with Sora for a change, so that they wouldn't forget each other.
The pooh thing is a neat idea, but i think Disney would never allow Pooh to be involved in fights.

He could have been a Summon for outside of fights to get ingredients spawns or something though.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The pooh thing is a neat idea, but i think Disney would never allow Pooh to be involved in fights.

He could have been a Summon for outside of fights to get ingredients spawns or something though.
Pooh could have been like Bambi. He could have been on the sidelines eating honey and sometimes pull health/money/magic orbs/rare items out of his pot. He could also make comments about Sora fighting.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Pooh could have been like Bambi. He could have been on the sidelines eating honey and sometimes pull health/money/magic orbs/rare items out of his pot. He could also make comments about Sora fighting.
I could see that, however Pooh being so close to a fight might be an issue. So I feel he'd be a summon you'd only be able to use when outside of battle.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Maybe we could get FF summons/links? While more FF heroes/villains seems questionable at this point Nomura might be okay with FF summons. We did see some Easter eggs in Galaxy Toys. And Bahumet got a mention.

I'd like to see Riku summon Ifrit. It could be a nod towards it's appearance in Insomnia in XV

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe we could get FF summons/links? While more FF heroes/villains seems questionable at this point Nomura might be okay with FF summons. We did see some Easter eggs in Galaxy Toys. And Bahumet got a mention.

I'd like to see Riku summon Ifrit. It could be a nod towards it's appearance in Insomnia in XV
Can any keyblade wielder summon besides Sora? It's kinda weird to actually think about the summoning mechanic outside of battle. Like can Sora just summon Ariel to hang out in Arendelle?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Can any keyblade wielder summon besides Sora? It's kinda weird to actually think about the summoning mechanic outside of battle. Like can Sora just summon Ariel to hang out in Arendelle?
I don't see why not. Though the summoning in KH3 seems a bit unique with the elemental projection like feel most of them have.

In KH3 I'd not be as sure he's actually summoning them as much as calling upon their power, it just seems very different from before, especially with Ariel being a mermaid again.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
You guys all have some great ideas for summons. FF characters like Leon, Yuffie, and Cloud could be cool, and maybe even some of the classic FF summons in a KH style. I'd love to see Bahamut, Shiva, Carbuncle, Ramuh and the like in KH style.

Before the games made it clear they were coming back as their own people, I actually thought Roxas and Xion would be future summons for Sora in KH3. Kinda like a Knights of the Round ultimate summoning. But in their case it would be a 'Knights of the Sora' kinda thing. Namine being a summon for Kairi if they were playable. That was years ago of course XD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't see why not. Though the summoning in KH3 seems a bit unique with the elemental projection like feel most of them have.

In KH3 I'd not be as sure he's actually summoning them as much as calling upon their power, it just seems very different from before, especially with Ariel being a mermaid again.
It's the latter. This was a loophole devised by SE to get around Disney's restrictions preventing them from summoning the actual characters to other worlds. By turning them into elementals, they changed the characters enough so that they would no longer be viewed as the real deal.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's the latter. This was a loophole devised by SE to get around Disney's restrictions preventing them from summoning the actual characters to other worlds. By turning them into elementals, they changed the characters enough so that they would no longer be viewed as the real deal.
Aww, so then those aren't the real deals for sure then? I mean it makes some sense for like Ariel who should not be a Mermaid anymore. But still, that means Sora hasn't met the real Wreck it Ralph yet. That's a bummer. Their new friendship feels like a lie then!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because Disney is so strangely restrictive about using iconic film characters, they should switch to using animated show characters or iconic but not from Disney’s major product lines like Powerline or Launchpad McDuck or Darkwing Duck.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Because Disney is so strangely restrictive about using iconic film characters, they should switch to using animated show characters or iconic but not from Disney’s major product lines like Powerline or Launchpad McDuck or Darkwing Duck.
I would love Powerline, Launchpad, and Darkwing Duck link/summons. I'd just love them in Kingdom Hearts in general. Just imagine the utter madness their link attacks with Sora would look like. I want moon walking Sora :D

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I wasn't too bothered with the way the summons turned out in KH3. Even if they didnt speak or were covered in a element they were still technically there. If that's how it will be for the next saga then no complaints from me

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I still find it so strange especially, seeing they had no issues with the characters crossing over in their Disney Infinity game.

The elemental linking is a nice workaround, but this makes it so that future games wont be able to call back to them being summons the way KH2 did for KH1's summons. I mean Sora could technically recognize Ralph, but Ralph wouldn't know Sora.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't get why they're like that now. KH1 had Simba, Dumbo, and Bambi all as summons. KH2 had Chicken Little (to advertise his film I guess) and Peter Pan. If they're going to be so protective of the star characters, then maybe the summons should go back to sidekick-esque characters from the films, like Genie, Mushu, and Tinker Bell?

I mean, I guess KH3 is the only main series game where the only Disney interactions were Donald/Goofy and whatever world they were in and Maleficent/Pete. Not even Mickey talked to Maleficent or Pete. Can we go back to the days of Disney characters interacting with each other?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't get why they're like that now. KH1 had Simba, Dumbo, and Bambi all as summons. KH2 had Chicken Little (to advertise his film I guess) and Peter Pan. If they're going to be so protective of the star characters, then maybe the summons should go back to sidekick-esque characters from the films, like Genie, Mushu, and Tinker Bell?

I mean, I guess KH3 is the only main series game where the only Disney interactions were Donald/Goofy and whatever world they were in and Maleficent/Pete. Not even Mickey talked to Maleficent or Pete. Can we go back to the days of Disney characters interacting with each other?

They got restrictive because their brand as a mega corporation recovered in the 2010s whereas prior to that, the Disney brand was in a bad place. With tons of money and a more cohesive, unified image as a company, they are more controlling on how their larger brands are depicted in any Disney media.

It's largely why we see arbitrary rules in their brands, too, like how the Disney Princesses are to never look at each other in any merchandise or marketing material because they exist in separate "realities". They allow exceptions but its rare.

Back