• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Theory on where KH3Remind will leave us....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

IrishKeeper28

Hi guys, First thread here so hopefully I'm doing this right!

We've all seen the trailer, and we're all hyped right now, but its seriously got me thinking; What made them add SOOOO much content? While it could be fan pressure, Nomura planning this the entire time, Evil Disney corporations (evil laughter), but I have a theory based on the base game, Unchained X and the new trailer. I'll try not to spoil anything as best I can.

I feel that the next mainseries game might depart from the heavily Disney inspired KH we're used to at this point, and I think it will venture into more Square related territory. Why? Let's be honest, Disney's most iconic franchises have been used in the franchise already. DDD was an example of trying to work with what's left and we got The Hunchback and Fantasia. We've been given the best stories such as Lion King, Frozen, Toy Story, Monster's Inc, Nightmare Before Christmas, Hercules etc. and I feel Nomura knows this. We've heard the phrase ''The Age of Fairytales'' a lot over the years, and the introduction of new worldlines leads me to believe that the next game will be set in an age of videogames, a modern day form storytelling.

I don't believe Nomura left off FF properties for the sake of it, he must have been planning something post KH. The introduction of TWEWY Characters and Shibuya in the secret movie also leads me to this conclusion, but Yazora has made this a reality for me; a character introduced as a videogame character who now exists in the place Sora and the MOM exist, and his parallels with Sora (heralding back to KH1, which could usher in a new era) makes it feel as though Nomura is going to push KH in a more independent route now that it has its own footing.

what do you guys think?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Hi guys, First thread here so hopefully I'm doing this right!

We've all seen the trailer, and we're all hyped right now, but its seriously got me thinking; What made them add SOOOO much content? While it could be fan pressure, Nomura planning this the entire time, Evil Disney corporations (evil laughter), but I have a theory based on the base game, Unchained X and the new trailer. I'll try not to spoil anything as best I can.

I feel that the next mainseries game might depart from the heavily Disney inspired KH we're used to at this point, and I think it will venture into more Square related territory. Why? Let's be honest, Disney's most iconic franchises have been used in the franchise already. DDD was an example of trying to work with what's left and we got The Hunchback and Fantasia. We've been given the best stories such as Lion King, Frozen, Toy Story, Monster's Inc, Nightmare Before Christmas, Hercules etc. and I feel Nomura knows this. We've heard the phrase ''The Age of Fairytales'' a lot over the years, and the introduction of new worldlines leads me to believe that the next game will be set in an age of videogames, a modern day form storytelling.

I don't believe Nomura left off FF properties for the sake of it, he must have been planning something post KH. The introduction of TWEWY Characters and Shibuya in the secret movie also leads me to this conclusion, but Yazora has made this a reality for me; a character introduced as a videogame character who now exists in the place Sora and the MOM exist, and his parallels with Sora (heralding back to KH1, which could usher in a new era) makes it feel as though Nomura is going to push KH in a more independent route now that it has its own footing.

what do you guys think?

It ties in well with the fact that they keep pushing the whole "data has a heart" theory but we would need to not have an FF 7 world unless they imply the FF 7 characters move to that world after leaving Radiant Garden since that's where they all reside. There's plenty of content for them to pick through from just FF, but they've got other properties too such as the Tri-Ace games that are all tied in together, TWEWY, Dragon Quest, and a few various ones like Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery. I was thinking about that too when he quoted Sora from KH1 because he only says that line in the intro, no where else in the game. Sora knows he said it as it must have been an inner thought before or as he entered the Dive to Heart for the first time.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I don't see them abandoning the Disney Worlds. I feel like DDD was more Nomura wanting to use new Worlds, but without using any major Disney movies, because he wanted to safe them for KH3 or other major games in the future.

I'm personally not apposed to them also including worlds based off of SE's games, but I feel like having Disney based worlds is a pretty much core part of KH's identity, so dropping it would be hard.

Sarius

Awards
I believe I read that the reason FF characters weren't in the game was because he felt they didn't fit properly into the main story (it appears that they show up after the end.) Obviously remind brings them back for at least a cutscene (unless you have more info on them than I do) but I doubt we'll be seeing a whole lot of them. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the only cutscene with them in it.

Now with that out of the way, I don't believe Disney will be completely gone however there will be probably less than previous games. In other words, it probably won't completely revolve around Disney like the other games have but I mean there is still plenty of Disney movies that they can use/reuse (just not too much in terms of reusing because we don't want a game that just feels scrapped together.) I don't know. I hope they don't stray too far from the Disney path, personally.

Axel's Fanboy

I agree with you, I kinda got the same vibes from the secret ending.. but since KH is a Disney property, does it mean the game would have to change its name? It would be a completely new franchise. I don't think Disney would allow Square to discard their worlds from the game that easily

Sarius

Awards
I agree with you, I kinda got the same vibes from the secret ending.. but since KH is a Disney property, does it mean the game would have to change its name? It would be a completely new franchise. I don't think Disney would allow Square to discard their worlds from the game that easily
I think Kingdom hearts is a square enix property and they need to ask permission to use Disney worlds and characters.

The reason the deep jungle was removed from further games was because square enix lost the rights to Tarzan so they couldn't use him anymore. I don't think Disney had a say in what enix does so I guess technically they could break away from Disney but I find that to be very unlikely. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think Kingdom hearts is a square enix property and they need to ask permission to use Disney worlds and characters.

The reason the deep jungle was removed from further games was because square enix lost the rights to Tarzan so they couldn't use him anymore. I don't think Disney had a say in what enix does so I guess technically they could break away from Disney but I find that to be very unlikely. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Dude, literally the first thing you see in every KH game is "(C)Disney 20XX". Of course Disney owns it, they own everything. They never would've agreed to this crossover to begin with if it wasn't under their control.

mriku90

Awards
Not gonna even bother reading everything. Just gonna say you will never ever get a KH game with no Disney since KH IS a Disney game, and all the KH original characters are owned by Disney.

We will always be going to Disney Worlds, and Disney will always be a massive part of any KH game.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah at most SE could make a new game series like Kingdom Hearts with similar characters, but they wouldn't be able to use Sora and Co. seeing they are Disney owned characters. Probably some of Disney's only video game original characters.

Still there's nothing stopping SE from reducing the number of Disney Worlds, fleshing them out more and padding the rest with original worlds.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Yeah at most SE could make a new game series like Kingdom Hearts with similar characters, but they wouldn't be able to use Sora and Co. seeing they are Disney owned characters. Probably some of Disney's only video game original characters.

Still there's nothing stopping SE from reducing the number of Disney Worlds, fleshing them out more and padding the rest with original worlds.

Technically they already did: World of Final Fantasy. And Lann (one of the two protagonists in the game)'s outfit is pretty similar to Sora and Riku's in KH3. It's the game you'd get if we didn't have any Disney at all and was pure FF crossovers (but we do get a Sora summon).

But as cool as it would be to have a game purely Square Enix-worlds, I doubt it would ever happen unless there were talks with Disney and they for whatever reason were cool with it. Like you said, they could reduce the Disney world count, but getting rid of Disney entirely is taking things to the complete opposite of how people felt KH3 was: too much Disney, not enough FF/Original content.

Sarius

Awards
Dude, literally the first thing you see in every KH game is "(C)Disney 20XX". Of course Disney owns it, they own everything. They never would've agreed to this crossover to begin with if it wasn't under their control.
That isn't necessarily true but okay.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Technically they already did: World of Final Fantasy. And Lann (one of the two protagonists in the game)'s outfit is pretty similar to Sora and Riku's in KH3. It's the game you'd get if we didn't have any Disney at all and was pure FF crossovers (but we do get a Sora summon).

Fair, though WoFF had a very different tone and feel. Still it is kinda what a FF pure KH could be like.

But as cool as it would be to have a game purely Square Enix-worlds, I doubt it would ever happen unless there were talks with Disney and they for whatever reason were cool with it. Like you said, they could reduce the Disney world count, but getting rid of Disney entirely is taking things to the complete opposite of how people felt KH3 was: too much Disney, not enough FF/Original content.

Yeah I feel like reducing the worlds would be the best step, to also keep more movies on the table for future games. However people would also be upset that there are less worlds. Even if having less world means better fleshed out worlds.
I also feel like more original worlds or even SE inspired worlds could be a plus seeing those tend to be more free to explore and expand upon the KH plot.

Back