• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC trailer, Release Dates Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Since they bothered to include the restoration committee any chance they can squeeze in some new FF characters? Maybe as quick cameos in Radiant Garden.

We could see Lighting and Snow as guards

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
It's fanservice, the DLC. Outside of the FF characters, nothing here is especially surprising. Nomura found a convoluted route to deliver on the all the material that ought to have been in base KH3; fundamentally, its problems as a narrative are still (likely) the same.
Once again you sum up my own feelings exceedingly well. It's true that what we got, in hindsight, should've been expected to a degree. I guess, I just didn't think Nomura and co. would go so far out of their way to do it (especially in a dlc).

In fact, I'd wager that beyond the hype factor, this addition will make the storytelling feel even less coherent, because it draws on the worldlines fuckery that is just an absolute migraine to navigate.
EXACTLY. I was meaning to say this for a while, but... This trailer honestly burned me out. The overly convoluted concepts required to make sense of everything it shows, regardless if they fit or not, finally got me to the point where I'm just like: "This is absolutely ridiculous, but I don't give a shit anymore. Do whatever you want at this point, lol." I can't think about worldliness for too long without getting a headache and asking a dozen questions, so suffice to say, I definitely don't appreciate them as a storytelling mechanic.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It's fanservice, the DLC. Outside of the FF characters, nothing here is especially surprising. Nomura found a convoluted route to deliver on the all the material that ought to have been in base KH3; fundamentally, its problems as a narrative are still (likely) the same.

In fact, I'd wager that beyond the hype factor, this addition will make the storytelling feel even less coherent, because it draws on the worldlines fuckery that is just an absolute migraine to navigate.
Would have been better off if they just made the original KG events non-canon and instead of making this a convoluted rewind time mess.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I literally never thought we'd get playable Kairi in our lives. This is a dream come true! And the FF babies are back! And we're getting some stuff post-Sora's disappearance.

And why is the "I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like is any of this for real or not?" quote back, and who's saying it with Sora? Young Xehanort?

And why is Terranort saying that since Sora also used the forbidden power, he too has to disappear? Is he referring to the Master of Masters?

What a trailer! What a DLC! I'm going to go preorder now.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I literally never thought we'd get playable Kairi in our lives. This is a dream come true! And the FF babies are back! And we're getting some stuff post-Sora's disappearance.

And why is the "I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like is any of this for real or not?" quote back, and who's saying it with Sora? Young Xehanort?

And why is Terranort saying that since Sora also used the forbidden power, he too has to disappear? Is he referring to the Master of Masters?

What a trailer! What a DLC! I'm going to go preorder now.
It's Yozora who is saying that quote back to Sora :)

Hirokey123

Awards
Oooooh you know what it's probably not the realm of Darkness Riku and Aqua are talking about, it's the abyss aka the darkness beneath the realm of darkness. Riku went there in DDD to save Sora once before and Aqua fell into and escaped it herself in KH3 but not without the trauma of being lost and consumed by it. They probably figure if they can't find Sora by exploring the worlds then they have to do the same thing Sora did, use the power of waking to dive into the abyss in order to follow the connection between their hearts to Sora's heart station. Then they can use Sora's heart station as a gateway to Sora himself.

Also mini-theory: The MoM still has plans/need for Sora so the reason he was seen in Verum Rex's world, is because he set up some plot there to send Yozora to the final world so he could meet Sora and lead him back to Verum Rex. Perhaps because that world will hold a way for Sora to get back his lost powers and return to the world he came from, cue KH spinoff.

Awards
I’m wondering with FF characters returning, Sephiroth will be a secret boss 🤔 ....it would be veeeeeery good promo for FF7R

Any

Awards
I have a huge feeling that girl from Verum rex could possibly be nameless star. (Plus Her little cute star necklace)

GreyouTT

Awards

Not really, the only worldline related thing seems to be Yozora (which is most likely after all this anyway, and leads into the next game). The rest of the trailer is the same worldline we've been in this whole series.

Especially with what the description says:

Re Mind – the other tale that unfolded during the climax of KINGDOM HEARTS III. Determined to rescue Kairi, Sora travels to the Keyblade Graveyard a short time before the final battle was to take place. Lacking a corporeal form, he traces the hearts of the seven guardians of light. Through experiencing their personal battles firsthand, Sora is about to discover truths that he has never before imagined.

Also the "it should have been in the game from the start" thing is complicated. At the end of the day, game development takes time, and working on main things takes priority. A lot of the story stuff for the Re+MIND scenario should have been in since it is main story. But stuff like the Data Battles and the Secret Episode would have eaten development time from other things. Plus as we've established in other threads, Disney was messing up the process and making development take longer than needed. Which means post-game would not be on the list of tasks to get done before shipping.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I have a huge feeling that girl from Verum rex could possibly be nameless star. (Plus Her little cute star necklace)
This would better explain Sora's reaction when being told the guy's name. If this was Strelitzia, then she'd more likely say "Lauriam", a name Sora wouldn't know, instead of "Marluxia" (she'd probably know the name Marluxia, however.) Though with what she talks about, it still leans more on her being Strelitzia.

GreyouTT

Awards
Son of a-

ELKK88EXYAE9RUK

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not Stella could still be a star in the Final World. We did see her life at risk from a Gigas in the commercial. Who knows maybe Yozora did something similar to the power of waking to save her

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Nomura says the Nameless Star is a character that had already appeared in the series. Combined with the clues in her dialogue, it still makes Strelitzia the prime candidate.

Any

Awards
This would better explain Sora's reaction when being told the guy's name. If this was Strelitzia, then she'd more likely say "Lauriam", a name Sora wouldn't know, instead of "Marluxia" (she'd probably know the name Marluxia, however.) Though with what she talks about, it still leans more on her being Strelitzia.

And didn’t Sora promise to tell the “guy” about the nameless star if he ever found the guy?

“Hey if I see him, I’ll tell him you’re here, what’s his name?” Sora to nameless star.

If the guy was truly Marluxia then why didn’t Sora tell Marly upon his defeat, about the person (nameless star) waiting for him in the final world? He promised to do it if Marluxia was that “guy”.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
And didn’t Sora promise to tell the “guy” about the nameless star if he ever found the guy?

“Hey if I see him, I’ll tell him you’re here, what’s his name?” Sora to nameless star.

If the guy was truly Marluxia then why didn’t Sora tell Marly upon his defeat, about the person (nameless star) waiting for him in the final world? He promised to do it if Marluxia was that “guy”.
That part I still don't get if it is meant to be him. I chalk it up to Nomura being all mysterious when he really, really, really shouldn't be. Again.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Nomura says the Nameless Star is a character that had already appeared in the series. Combined with the clues in her dialogue, it still makes Strelitzia the prime candidate.
Also, didn't Nameless Star say he was "unrecognizable" and had "his heart replaced by another"? Both would seem to point to Marluxia during the time of KH3. Though I imagine she probably told him her brother's original name (even if she should technically know what he goes by nowadays).

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Playable Kairi!?!? I can't believe it. I'm sooo happy! Seems she can go full out with her light based attacks, should be cool. Love that the trailer shows us her Kicking Xehanort's butt. Also all these juicy new story beats! This trailer got me all hyped!

Also I wonder why Sora unlocked Repliku's Station of wakening, wonder if we'll she the other's too. Scala looks really impressive, too. And The Hallow Bastion Restoration Community is looking nice!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Playable Kairi!?!? I can't believe it. I'm sooo happy! Seems she can go full out with her light based attacks, should be cool. Love that the trailer shows us her Kicking Xehanort's butt. Also all these juicy new story beats! This trailer got me all hyped!

Also I wonder why Sora unlocked Repliku's Station of wakening, wonder if we'll she the other's too. Scala looks really impressive, too. And The Hallow Bastion Restoration Community is looking nice!
He’s unlocking Riku’s. We see him above Ventus’s as well.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So if Sora is unlocking all of the Guardian's Stations that means we will see Mickey's as well. I've always been curious what his would look like. Probably Disney Castle background with Goofy, Donald, Pluto, and Minnie

mriku90

Awards
Hey Zettaflare is using the gif I made. It'd be cool if you would credit though. I hate having to watermark my stuff, it makes it look tacky.

I am never making another gif ever again. Why didn't anyone beat me to this so I could quit?!

Yeesh why are you using that to gif though? That makes no sense. I know Giffing is not for everyone but there are better ways. :)

Back