• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What games need current gen sequels?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Personally I'd love a new Boktai but that will never happen because Konami hates Kojima and a Boktai without him isn't a good game. Only Kojima knows how to use his properties well (look at MG Survive lol)

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Personally I'd love a new Boktai but that will never happen because Konami hates Kojima and a Boktai without him isn't a good game. Only Kojima knows how to use his properties well (look at MG Survive lol)
God I would kill for another Boktai. I liked Lunar Knights and we never got the original Boktai 3. Did you ever play Megaman Battle Network? In Battle Network 5's DS port, Double Team DS, if you had Boktai 2 in the GBA slot of your DS you could use a Solar Boy Django Megaman and it was awesome.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
SolCross Mega Man is quite fun lol
I'm really hoping they'll make a Battle Network collection since they've made Megaman and X collections and have the Zero collection coming next. They could either do all the battle network games or they could do BN and starforce games since they're to BN what ZX is to Zero. I just don't know if they could come up with a way to transfer Chip Data or if you could switch between versions? Of course they could kinda merge things together but that would take extra work. It could have an online capability though and give you the option to trade chips with other players online or trade chips between save files. I bring it up because it would be awesome if 5 played like the DS version and gave you the ability to choose SolCross or BassCross Megaman. Sorry I'm rambling but when I get excited about stuff this is what I do lol

mouflon

Awards
1. Jade cocoon - beautiful ghibli world with a monster catching raising and fusing system and a fun rpg all round ps1 1999

Yes!! Jade Cocoon is always one of the first games that comes to mind for me when I think of games getting modern sequels or remakes. I was surprised to see someone mention it. Honestly, the merging system in the original still blows me away to this day. Such a small, generally overlooked game with such a unique and amazing mechanic. The merging is great as-is, but imagine what they could do with modern processing power...

It pleases me to see other people hoping for another Dark Cloud sequel at some point. I've been waiting for one since Level 5 hopped on the Layton train, but they never came back.

I'd love to see The Legacy of Kain series get another installment, provided Amy Hennig returns as the writer. Baten Kaitos 3 and Klonoa 3 would also be nice, but unlikely. I can dream!

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
It pleases me to see other people hoping for another Dark Cloud sequel at some point. I've been waiting for one since Level 5 hopped on the Layton train, but they never came back.
you say that like thats all they've done but they're also working on inazuma eleven and yo-kai watch. also ni no kuni lol

and even before those there was rogue galaxy

mouflon

Awards
I know. I've played all those but Inazuma Eleven. It was an off-hand joke.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'm hoping Toys For Bob announces they're doing Spyro 4 after how amazing the Reignited Trilogy was. Crash had N-Sane Trilogy followed by CTR, but Spyro never had a spin-off like that. Theoretically they should be making something else Spyro related next, and the only thing I can think of would be

- something brand new (a modern Spyro 4)
- a fully fleshed out remake/expansion of Enter the Dragonfly that fixes that game's problems
- a remake of The Legend of Spyro trilogy.

I'm not a fan of the last option...

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Let's be honest, an Enter the Dragonfly remake that fixed all its myriad issues wouldn't be Enter the Dragonfly anymore lol

I'd rather see HD remakes of the GBA trilogy

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I played a little bit of Enter the Dragonfly and thought it wasn't too bad. I think more people would want a remake of the Cynder trilogy since she seems to be so popular among the scalies. I know a friend of mine played one of that trilogy and said it really wasn't that bad.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I would like a Dragonball Z Budokai 4 (or 5 if you count Infinite World). I've enjoyed some of the later games, but Budokai 3 (and Shin 2 for PSP) felt like the pinnacle for me. (Though they can get rid of Hyper Mode and Dragon Rush as far as I care)

Also: Chain Of Memories. Or rather, the real-time-3D-running-around-card based battle system with combining cards for different attacks and such. I actually liked it and would love to see what they could do with it on current systems.

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I would like a Dragonball Z Budokai 4 (or 5 if you count Infinite World). I've enjoyed some of the later games, but Budokai 3 (and Shin 2 for PSP) felt like the pinnacle for me. (Though they can get rid of Hyper Mode and Dragon Rush as far as I care)

Also: Chain Of Memories. Or rather, the real-time-3D-running-around-card based battle system with combining cards for different attacks and such. I actually liked it and would love to see what they could do with it on current systems.
Are you interested in Kakarot?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Are you interested in Kakarot?
Yes and no. I've never been a big fan of the behind the shoulders style of combat in dbz games (not that I haven't enjoyed some of them, just not my cup of tea), but the game does look gorgious and I like that you get to explore the db world and that it's filled with so many nods and tidbits of the franchise. I feel like ingredient scavenging in games has played out though. It was cute in the beginning but it's starting to feel like a way to needlessly pad out the game.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes and no. I've never been a big fan of the behind the shoulders style of combat in dbz games (not that I haven't enjoyed some of them, just not my cup of tea), but the game does look gorgious and I like that you get to explore the db world and that it's filled with so many nods and tidbits of the franchise. I feel like ingredient scavenging in games has played out though. It was cute in the beginning but it's starting to feel like a way to needlessly pad out the game.
Well to me it looks like a 3D legacy of goku and I'm really excited about it hopefully being the kind of DBZ game I've always wanted, which is one that tells the entire story DBZ in an explorable world.

Lunar and .hack

I miss them ):
There was that Japan only fighting game that released with that .hack// OVA where the MCS were all female, can't remember what it was called, but there's a chance we could get a remaster of the original if GU remaster was a success (i'm not sure on the status of that) and always a chance if THAT is also successful they make a new one. EDIT: I also forgot, GU added an episode 4! It was awesome

As for Lunar, I loved the first one, didn't get too far though, and saw my cousin beat the second one I think? But wasn't the DS game a flop? Dragon Song I think it was?

GreyouTT

Awards
Well to me it looks like a 3D legacy of goku and I'm really excited about it hopefully being the kind of DBZ game I've always wanted, which is one that tells the entire story DBZ in an explorable world.

There was that Japan only fighting game that released with that .hack// OVA where the MCS were all female, can't remember what it was called, but there's a chance we could get a remaster of the original if GU remaster was a success (i'm not sure on the status of that) and always a chance if THAT is also successful they make a new one. EDIT: I also forgot, GU added an episode 4! It was awesome

As for Lunar, I loved the first one, didn't get too far though, and saw my cousin beat the second one I think? But wasn't the DS game a flop? Dragon Song I think it was?

I loved Volume 4, but that was only a taste of new stuff. I need mah full game!

And yeah... Dragon Song exists...
It was made solely by Japan Art media (the ones who did the remakes) with no aid from Game Art/Studio Alex (the original devs), and suffice to say isn't very good. Like for example sprinting in the game takes away HP.

At least there's that Mahō Gakuen Lunar! fan translation to look forward to.

Back