• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Y'know looking back to KH2...say what you will about Grimm Guardianness and Sköll, but they are at least a proper representation of Gothel and Hans respectively turning into Heartless, unlike Scar in KH2, who's literally just Scar with dark powers. Groundshaker was mostly just an amalgamation of his ghosts.
It's hilarious that the numerous ghost Heartless of a lion formed into a giant hippo/rhino colossal beast with a giant Necromancer riding on the back. It's like they weren't even trying and didn't think the fans would care, lol.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I never understood how out of ALL the other Disney villains, SOMEHOW Clayton (assuming he turned into a Heartless) & Scar was apparently 'strong enough' to retain their forms.

Speaking of Disney villains, we still got NOTHING explaining how Ursula came back in 2. Literally, it's like no one even brought up what happened in 1. Did she die? Did she escape? Seems like a pretty crucial thing that happened in 1 that was glossed over. SERIOUSLY. NO ONE BATS AN EYE.
As a kid I read it as Ursula dying in KH1, but I guess in KH lore she just gets defeated and escapes in the ink cloud. Though why Ariel falls for her BS a second time is beyond me.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So what exactly are item drops anyway? I guess they're meant to be mini treasure chests but they're so weird looking. I remember beta Days screenshots where it was literally the item itself (IE a sprite of a potion) that dropped on the ground & they changed that in the final game. I kinda rather just have the proper items TBH.

Y'know looking back to KH2...say what you will about Grimm Guardianness and Sköll, but they are at least a proper representation of Gothel and Hans respectively turning into Heartless, unlike Scar in KH2, who's literally just Scar with dark powers. Groundshaker was mostly just an amalgamation of his ghosts.

Scar is not a proper representation of Scar? Scar becoming a heartless was basically an excuse to justify giving him magical attacks.

Also....does...the Organization posess Magic? Like, is what they use, Axel's fire, Siax's power of the moon, is it all...like Magic? And like how are their Nobodies able to channel it when their somebodies probably don't even KNOW the concept of Magic? How do they have the elements they're stuck with? Luxu is an even BIGGER puzzle on this. Again, this one is probably overthinking...but Magic is like...a weird concept in Kingdom Hearts. All I'm used to is everyone SOMEHOW knowing how to summon a dark poral.
Well they use magic in Days' multiplayer.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
1577075474-comic646.png

disney233

Awards
Capture.PNG

Ignore la youtube capture.

So ummmm.......how does this even work? In the movie, they hid the fact that it was detached. How the hell does this work? Does Oogie have a thing with detached legs?

disney233

Awards
Cuz it was in the ocean?
Out of anything, a Heartless, a Nobody, Something. I'm under the impression that Xehanort sicked her after them...which I'm confused about. Like...there's no explanation about her....again.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Out of anything, a Heartless, a Nobody, Something. I'm under the impression that Xehanort sicked her after them...which I'm confused about. Like...there's no explanation about her....again.
There's no heartless, nobody, or unverse enemies in the game. & it was too early to introduce Dream Eaters (by Nomura's arbitrary decision of when/how to introduce them). Ergo, Disney villain was the only type of enemy left.

Or you know, not have any fight at all, but where's the fun in that?

Perkilator

Awards
Glacial Fortress? More like Glacial BOREtress, am I right?

Seriously, that Gummi battle is so boring I only died on the first go because I was so numbed of boredom I wasn’t paying attention.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Remind me again what the hell's the point of Ursula at the beginning of DDD? Like...is this a running gag with her appearing out of nowhere after dying?
Can't wait for UX to show Ursula also time traveled to the ancient past and then went to the beginning of DDD thanks to Darkness.

"Oh, he was right. Those wretched guppies are here. Well, it's about time we settled the score!"

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Remind me again what the hell's the point of Ursula at the beginning of DDD? Like...is this a running gag with her appearing out of nowhere after dying?
They wanted to fill a certain Disney boss quota for the game, and options like Clu and Frollo were off the table so we got Ursula...again.

Noivern

Awards
ANOTHER nitpick. Like...what even IS Kairi's backstory? Keep in mind that Kairi and her Grandmother has always been around the castle and even IN the castle (KH1.) So like...it makes me wonder, is Kairi like...an actual Princess? Like...we know NOTHING about Kairi except that she's a resident from Radiant Garden. Maybe that's all she is and I'm probably overthinking it. But like...idk. Given that Nomura's been exploring everyone else's story even if the distant past thing is getting old, it just feels like we know so little about Kairi.

I've been thinking about that constantly lately, actually. Originally I considered the possiblity of her being an actual Princess, but not only that never gets aknowledged by Ansem himself, it would be weird for the folks at the Restoration Commitee to not talk about that at all. Maybe not during 1/most of 2, sure, but when they regain their memories of Radiant Garden in 2? Weird.

My current theory is that Ansem somehow realized her power as a PoH and invited her to the castle so he could study her heart. Or Terranorth himself identified her as such. Maybe the whole Lea-Kairi tagging together could be a hint of this as the former sneaked in the castle constantly.

But realistically speaking, it was just a matter of them having to show that she was from RG and they didn't want to model a new area so they just used the castle. Also why Kairi's heart remembers the Castle in its KH1 interacition when we see the picture of it in Deep Jungle even though that form was assumed after she left the world. (How did that slide ended up in Deep Jungle, again?)

Also....does...the Organization posess Magic? Like, is what they use, Axel's fire, Siax's power of the moon, is it all...like Magic? And like how are their Nobodies able to channel it when their somebodies probably don't even KNOW the concept of Magic? How do they have the elements they're stuck with? Luxu is an even BIGGER puzzle on this. Again, this one is probably overthinking...but Magic is like...a weird concept in Kingdom Hearts. All I'm used to is everyone SOMEHOW knowing how to summon a dark poral.

Some people just have a natural affinity for an element, it seems. Like the Wayfinder trio with Earth, Water and Earth, both Lea and Isa had shown affinity for the Sun and Moon as humans. I assume what happens is that when they become Nobodies their bodies automatically have a higher affinity for magic thanks to their connnection to the Realm of Darkness and thus they naturally manifest those powers. Naminé is a special nobody with power over Memories originating from the bond between Sora and Kairi, and in KH lore Memories are heavily associated with the Heart, something both of them have power over (Sora with his latent Power of Awakening, Kairi as a PoH).

disney233

Awards
Some people just have a natural affinity for an element, it seems. Like the Wayfinder trio with Earth, Water and Earth, both Lea and Isa had shown affinity for the Sun and Moon as humans. I assume what happens is that when they become Nobodies their bodies automatically have a higher affinity for magic thanks to their connnection to the Realm of Darkness and thus they naturally manifest those powers. Naminé is a special nobody with power over Memories originating from the bond between Sora and Kairi, and in KH lore Memories are heavily associated with the Heart, something both of them have power over (Sora with his latent Power of Awakening, Kairi as a PoH).
Kinda makes me wonder how Namine's power over memories could serve in battle. Power over the memories of people who bonded with Sora...it's a pretty big power to just be shafted away. I mean...I'm not sure if people want to see Namine in battle, but...she's been identified as a Witch for the longest time. A pretty powerful one at best. Kinda makes me wonder if she has more to her powers than memory? Kinda like how Maleficent has more to her powers than sleep.

Back