• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Take a look at Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind's Japanese Pre Order theme

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Fans in Japan will be able to download this exclusive Kingdom Hearts III theme that features Sora and Kairi holding Paopu Fruit. Thanks to 13th Vessel on YouTube, we can have a look at what the theme officially looks and sounds like.

Unfortunately this theme is only available in Japan. We'll keep you updated if it becomes available in the West.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
As someone who's had SoKai as her ultimate OTP for eighteen years, this makes me really, really happy. And even outside of shipping, the art is just gorgeous. Everything about it. Like, the slight curl to the bottom of Kairi's hair is making me like her KHIII hair for the first time ever. And I swear Nomura just gets better and better at art: and that's saying something.

I'm also hoping Kairi making it here--as well as things like her being playable and perhaps defeating Master Xehanort now--means good things for her in the future... And not to get too much into the shipping discourse, but if Nomura is going the SoKai route--which, to be honest, I think it's pretty obvious he has been in KHIII--I wouldn't mind if Kairi now being in this art maybe means their relationship will get a bit more focus in the future, too, so people can maybe find more reason to care about them if they don't.

This version of Dearly Beloved is beautiful, too, but sort of melancholy... which fits what's going on with them in this DLC, I suppose, since even after Sora finally saves Kairi, he's just going to fade away and leave her heartbroken for a moment before she goes to look for him (as I do think she's looking for him as well, and that's why Riku says "we've been looking everywhere for Sora"):(

Edit: This image also makes me think that the theory floating around for a while now, that KHIII was the start of Kairi's journey to save Sora like KHI was his for her, might actually be true... God, please let it be: at least in some capacity.

OneDandelion

Awards
I like this better than the preorder the west got. It's too dark so its hard to read stuff, wish I had the option for this one but whatever.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This version of Dearly Beloved is beautiful, too, but sort of melancholy... which fits what's going on with them in this DLC, I suppose, since even after Sora finally saves Kairi, he's just going to fade away and leave her heartbroken for a moment before she goes to look for him (as I do think she's looking for him as well, and that's why Riku says "we've been looking everywhere for Sora"):(

You do know the song is already in KH3 and this version of the song is like the third time it is being used for a KH3 theme xD

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This is a really nice theme, wish we could get it as well.
With the DLC being 3 days away I do wonder how they already got the theme to showcase.

Wallflower3582

When I first saw this on YouTube I didn't see that it was posted by 13thVessel and my initial reaction was "this is a fake made by a rabid sokai shipper" but then I realized it's real and now it's got me super hyped that Kairi will get some real time in the spotlight in ReMind, I just hope hope hope it does her justice

Also there's actually a bite out of her Paopu this time, unlike the original cutscene, so that's nice

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Today is a good day.

Yes. Very good.

Once I get this downloaded it's getting immediately set as my background and I don't think it's ever going down.

Now to go off and apologize to my neighbors for suddenly shrieking when I first saw this.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Is there actually any reason why the pre-order themes are so much different? The last one was for the special Japanese-only PS4 I think, the whole concept is just absurd.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is Nomura just the avatar for Square Enix these days or something?

No, but with KH he is the one who decides and approves this stuff. Combined with his rather sour attitude toward the west that he has always had, I think most people would assume first that the reason Japan got the special Japan-only theme is because he probably decided this.

What is probably closer to the truth is that SEJP and Sony asked for something exclusive for Japan and this was what he decided, and nobody really thought to have parity between regions because he didn’t care and nobody else cared.

And it isn’t a secret at all that he does not like the western fans of this series.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Why he doesn't like the western fans?
A big reason is Western fans tend to leak things (which has now happened for two of his most high profile games). He also usually doesn't want Japanese fans spoiled, which is why they get games first (Re Mind being the first exception).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We're also obnoxious rule-breakers who are loud at events and violate his privacy.

Oh and let us not forget that western press is also loud, obnoxious and we clearly only report lies and even people who have worked on genuine projects are liars too because he wasn’t informed about it.

Back