• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Re Mind DLC Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The spoiler tags are twofold, maybe that's confusing you?

There is the [ spoilers][ /spoilers]-tag (without the space in front to make it work).
This results in blacked out text like I used above.

Then there's also the [ spoiler][ /spoiler]-tag without the s at the end. It results in an extra "box" where the spoilers are hidden.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
The spoiler tags are twofold, maybe that's confusing you?

There is the [ spoilers][ /spoilers]-tag (without the space in front to make it work).
This results in blacked out text like I used above.

Then there's also the [ spoiler][ /spoiler]-tag without the s at the end. It results in an extra "box" where the spoilers are hidden.

Oooh okay, thanks for the help! I think I was getting mixed up about it asking for a title then not seeing it look like it worked one time and I panicked and edited everything so I wouldn't get in trouble to be on the safe side then never trusted using it after that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oooh okay, thanks for the help! I think I was getting mixed up about it asking for a title then not seeing it look like it worked one time and I panicked and edited everything so I wouldn't get in trouble to be on the safe side then never trusted using it after that.

Yea, the spoiler box can have an optional title like this:
[ spoiler=This is a spoiler][ /spoiler]
Spoiler Spoiler Show

You don't need to give it a title though. It works without it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn’t finish Re Mind before going to bed but I absolutely hate that it is essentially the last few hours of KH3 just redone and it forces fans to sit through old unchanged scenes alllllll over again. This was the exact part of KH3 I did not enjoy at all. The new additions were great and did enhance my enjoyment but not enough to completely eliminate my negative feelings.

And god I hate the sigil thing. Absolute waste of time. Of all of the things Nomura decided to expand upon, that was what he chose? The sigil nobody gave a damn about? And it’s the source of their bond? Why? Who cares!? If anything I felt like it cheapened their relationship by saying “yeah this glowing letter was the root of our bond and we wanted it back for ourselves”

Miss me with that bs Nomura. Nomura still didn’t solve the issue that people had. WHEN DID XION’S HEART LEAVE SORA’S BODY? Was it when the memories started floating out? Was it during all of those little light flashes when FUTURE SORA’S HEART LEAVES HIS BODY TO GO TO ROXAS’S BODY? God, the levels of bs we have to deal with.

I stopped after the unending RAX section so I’ll be complaining more later today I’m sure.

oh...all of the Sokai stuff makes me sick like a child being grossed out by their parents kissing. I thought I could enjoy it but it is just so unearned also instead of being “oh man I’m so happy” I’m just uncomfortable.

at least we are getting a Kairi game.

Besides those issues and then very strange inconsistency during the Vanitas segment, I’ve really been enjoying the new additions.

I don’t agree that this DLC should have been $30 but I also know 90% of the budget went into two places: the heroes vs Xehanort in the sky battle and all of Nomura and the Osaka team remaking Nomura’s fantasy based on reality and I’m just EXHAUSTED why did I wish for Nomura to revive his epic?

Heartkeeper

Awards
Really dislike the fact they put the secret episode behind limit cut, how many people is going to be able to beat all those bosses?, I guess they want people to watch it on youtube as opposed to watching it in the game.

As for the Re-Mind part, I was disappointed with the ridiculous reuse of stuff, even if is justified by the story, I'm sure Nomura is smart enough to find another way but it got better when you reach Scala and I really liked the ending.

Last edited:

Beyond

Awards
I know this is dumb as fuck, but I think I'm kinda sad about having to surrender to Sokai and accept that Soriku won't be canon (even just in a platonic way).
I'm a grown ass man, Lmao.

P. S. I think there's something wrong with my English in this comment, hulp.

Last edited:

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Personally I thought the Sokai moments were cute. Especially the
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I actually had to pause the game and go cry for a few minutes in the other room when I first activated that because I was that. stupidly. happy.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I know Sokai isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I feel like Nomura is really trying to go for a Romeo and Juliet kind of thing (maybe a bad example, but it is the first that comes to mind). Some people look at it and just buy right into the idea that its just...fate and that's what makes it adorable. Love at first sight, it just works, and it evokes shall I say...an old school Disney-esque feel? Others will look at it and be skeptical thinking "you barely even talk to each other, how could you possibly be in love!" and say it's a really vapid kiddish take to relationships that is old hat now because in modern days we need substance to actually care. Neither of those takes are particularly wrong, I suppose.

Look at Snow White: she sings to the prince once. Then he's gone until he's kissing her at the end of the film and they ride off to get hitched. Some people love how it just depicts pure, innocent love via fate, happily-ever-after kind of good feels. Other people kind of think the prince is a bit creepy and once the movie ends things are gonna get ugly. I get that.

But I guess in my case I just get so tired of everything needing to have a justification, and that things can't possibly follow old tropes anymore. Old style isn't good enough now, apparently. So sue me if I like a fairy tale classic Disney romance now and again in my Disney game.

Hope I'm not sounding like I'm attacking you personally. I just get frustrated when it comes up time and time again that their relationship doesn't feel "justified" when it really could just be that...simple and clean?

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm still trying to gather my thoughts on everything. I'll just say one thing before I give full thoughts

I enjoyed most of it.

mriku90

Awards
If Digimon has taught me anything, it's that soras & love triangles don't mix.

SoraxArielOTP, screw the SoraxRapunzel shippers :P

hey maybe the new digimon series will give you taiora since it's a brand new canon.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't know what I was more frustrated with, the over-excessive and unending RAX nonsense or the SoKai.

It's probably RAX. I swear that shit went on for 30-40 minutes straight and I was completely over it. Not to mention the sigil stuff was a complete waste of time.

I knew going in that this wasn't happening but I was still disappointed that Sora robbed us of the Lingering Will/Terranort battle. And that LW died to save him. Sora was just a huge shit during that segment lol

The ending was super hype though, that Guardian vs Seeker battle in the sky with the team-ups between the wielders, amazing! Feels like the music was too loud though. Half-way through I noticed they were making quips to each other but it was so hard to hear what they were saying. That playable Mickey segment though, wow.

However, I did feel like I was duped into going through the largely unchanged Keyblade Graveyard segment again. If I knew the scenes in the maze were the same as the base game, I would have just skipped right through them. Curse you, FOMO!

I stopped last night after watching the first few scenes of Limit Cut. That opening scene with TAV and Riku in the Land of Departure is all I've wanted and I need more ;___; The 1-year time skip is kinda bogus though, and lol at Kairi being in a coma for all of it.

I did read some spoilers from the Secret Episode and I'm miffed that the Nameless Star ended up being not-Stella and not Strelitzia who I guess is just straight up dead now.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I actually had to pause the game and go cry for a few minutes in the other room when I first activated that because I was that. stupidly. happy.

I know Sokai isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I feel like Nomura is really trying to go for a Romeo and Juliet kind of thing (maybe a bad example, but it is the first that comes to mind). Some people look at it and just buy right into the idea that its just...fate and that's what makes it adorable. Love at first sight, it just works, and it evokes shall I say...an old school Disney-esque feel? Others will look at it and be skeptical thinking "you barely even talk to each other, how could you possibly be in love!" and say it's a really vapid kiddish take to relationships that is old hat now because in modern days we need substance to actually care. Neither of those takes are particularly wrong, I suppose.

Look at Snow White: she sings to the prince once. Then he's gone until he's kissing her at the end of the film and they ride off to get hitched. Some people love how it just depicts pure, innocent love via fate, happily-ever-after kind of good feels. Other people kind of think the prince is a bit creepy and once the movie ends things are gonna get ugly. I get that.

But I guess in my case I just get so tired of everything needing to have a justification, and that things can't possibly follow old tropes anymore. Old style isn't good enough now, apparently. So sue me if I like a fairy tale classic Disney romance now and again in my Disney game.

Hope I'm not sounding like I'm attacking you personally. I just get frustrated when it comes up time and time again that their relationship doesn't feel "justified" when it really could just be that...simple and clean?

I completely understand why people like it and see the appeal, but I really do not gel with it in the slightest. It’s not my romance type. I value strong friendships that evolve into love much more than I will ever enjoy romance that is based on fate or love-at-first-sight or any old Disney-typical romance. I never enjoyed the romance aspect of old Disney films. I was always there for the adventure of it all.

I’m glad that people can enjoy it. For me I want Kairi to have development that isn’t primarily focused on Sora, I want her and Sora to have built a solid friendship. KH has definitely reinforced to me that simple and clean is not ideal to what I enjoy personally or in media xD

It really boils down to personal tastes. Again, I see why people enjoy it. I’m glad you do. I just think it makes Kairi a weaker character due to how she is written, and thus makes SoKai weaker as a pairing because it is founded on these vapid (to me) tropes and imagery.

disney233

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think a
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
When it comes to

the time skip I think this might be a decision to both a) give all the characters some rest to recuperate from all the Xehanort stuff and b) illustrate all of them trying to find Sora and being so determined at it that it goes over a whole year.

Not to mention they can use that time frame to squeeze in more interquel "side games", probably one game focusing on TAVs new adventures, one on the "Twilight Town gang" as Riku describes them (which I take to as meaning RAX, Isa and Naminé) and a third one centering probably on Riku which involves also Mickey, Donald and Goofy. Possibly Kairi too with her being playable in "dream worlds".

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't ship SoKai, but one has to consider that they've known each other since they were 4 years old and they have had crushes on each other since before KHI. We started the first game with them being a thing. And I don't think that's bad in itself. Their focus isn't to be focused on as friends, they're already friends. So they're going to develop the romantic feelings between them.

I don't know what I was more frustrated with, the over-excessive and unending RAX nonsense or the SoKai.

It's probably RAX. I swear that shit went on for 30-40 minutes straight and I was completely over it. Not to mention the sigil stuff was a complete waste of time.

For real. I mean, I don't care for Xion or RAX as a trio, so I can't say if it's already my perception of them playing a part, but the sigil spiel seemed so nonsensical. I'm still wondering what was the point.

Back