• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's Crown Necklace

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zetsumei

Awards
It occured to me that we have no idea where Sora got this necklace. I checked and his child model from BBS doesn't have the necklace so he got it sometime between BBS and KH1. Maybe it's an insignificant detail, but I kinda feel like maybe it's important since that symbol has come to be used to represent Sora himself in places like Xehanort/Eraqus's chessboard.

When/where he got the necklace and/or who gave it to him would be something nice to know imo. Wonder if this will ever be addressed.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah I would like to know a bit more about the necklace myself.

Maybe it came from Riku. According to Ultimania for KH1 Riku was originally supposed to give him the Oblivion keychain(which is shaped like the crown necklace). Or it could be a family heirloom

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
My guess was always that it was something either Kairi or Riku gave him, considering he wears it all the time it must be pretty important to him. And a present from either of them would tick that box I bet.

But it did always bother me how it was so integrally linked to the design of the Kingdom Key...which is also similar to the X-blade. It wouldn't surprise me if it had links to Scalla somehow.

That being said, I would much prefer if it was honestly just a regular piece of jewelry.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
This is a good question. Like others, I kind of figured it was a gift from Kairi, Riku or perhaps even Sora's parents.

In another aspect, I've kind of found it to be perhaps foreshadowing something. Baring a crown would instantly make one think of royalty. What if Sora is in a sense a "Prince of Heart" or one who could command over Kingdom Hearts at some point?

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
What if Sora is in a sense a "Prince of Heart" or one who could command over Kingdom Hearts at some point?

I've honestly always suspected this is what the series is building towards ever since they started down the whole "only Sora can save everyone" thing.

Not to mention the throne symbolism constantly in the art.

Plus, if we assume that "Verum Rex" is going to be relevant in the future arc of the series (and not just a multi-layered in-joke), well...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's kinda implied that it was Riku who gave it to him considering he was supposed to give him the Oblivion keychain which is the exact same thing but a black crown instead of silver.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well it could have been a gift from Riku or it could have been that Riku based the charm he would have given Sora off of the necklace Sora always wears. Regardless who gave it to him or if he bought it himself, it seems to be something he holds dear.

Honestly I think it won't ever be mentioned, doesn't seem like it'll be important. Though who knows it might become a plot point like Kairi's necklace did.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I never really thought about it. I'd like to believe Riku gave it to him.

I've honestly always suspected this is what the series is building towards ever since they started down the whole "only Sora can save everyone" thing.

Not to mention the throne symbolism constantly in the art.
Me, too. The fact that Kingdom Hearts has, well, "kingdom" in its name just makes you think the main character wearing a king's crown might end up holding some as yet unknown significance.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
This is a good question. Like others, I kind of figured it was a gift from Kairi, Riku or perhaps even Sora's parents.

In another aspect, I've kind of found it to be perhaps foreshadowing something. Baring a crown would instantly make one think of royalty. What if Sora is in a sense a "Prince of Heart" or one who could command over Kingdom Hearts at some point?
I always thought Sora was fated to become a king at the end of the series. Whether of Kingdom Hearts or something else entirely. That's what I think the next saga will build up to

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Whether of Kingdom Hearts or something else entirely.

Wild idea: Sora becomes king of the new "world"/kingdom/universe that forms after various trials and tribulations cause all the fragmented worlds to eventually reunite into one connected place again. Someone's gotta lead the chaos that results from that-- especially someone who would be a common link (aka friend) with most/almost all the people who used to live in the separate worlds.

WastedPenguin

Awards
I think it will either be a somewhat important plot point in the next saga or it is simply a symbol of Soras significance as the leading protagonist in the series.

If it becomes canon to the story, it would fit quiet well though because Sora already is sort of the 'king of hearts' and because a major part of the series is Kingdom Hearts itself. And a kingdom needs a king to rule and protect it so why not make Sora, a guy who always prevents darkness from abusing the power of kingdom hearts, travels to worlds, has the ability to bring back hearts and protect his friends and who is also a skilled keyblade master, a king.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
One very charming head canon about the necklace I read somewhere is that the crown pendant can actually be opened and inside in each half of the crown are pictures of Riku and Kairi and that's why Sora never takes it off.

Noivern

Awards
I never thought it was anything important and It'll be. It's just a symbol associated with him just like most characters tend to have one (Riku with the devil/angel wings from his sword, Naminé with Seashells, Kairi with the Paopu, BBS trio has the wayfinders, etc).

But if anything, the crown motif was always meant to be associated with Sora since it was present in his beta design as well.

AmRc67RgYaWTxvDAy3kqUzLPa1jPKJyP1zeNnp9R3Kj9q3x6KEyxRp292myxBvi3YTXEePWDyhRSefpGBYkRJy6UYXrTvLv9GAgD7gQx1kPnvWwwipRQaJEP2YiT5LGNtP2RXs39WPHziSAo58gxh3Vvf2mvwUEi

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I never thought it was anything important and It'll be. It's just a symbol associated with him just like most characters tend to have one (Riku with the devil/angel wings from his sword, Naminé with Seashells, Kairi with the Paopu, BBS trio has the wayfinders, etc).

But if anything, the crown motif was always meant to be associated with Sora since it was present in his beta design as well.

AmRc67RgYaWTxvDAy3kqUzLPa1jPKJyP1zeNnp9R3Kj9q3x6KEyxRp292myxBvi3YTXEePWDyhRSefpGBYkRJy6UYXrTvLv9GAgD7gQx1kPnvWwwipRQaJEP2YiT5LGNtP2RXs39WPHziSAo58gxh3Vvf2mvwUEi
Nomura really needs to use that lion design and chainsaw weapon at some point.

Noivern

Awards
Nomura really needs to use that lion design and chainsaw weapon at some point.
If we ever get Zootopia in a future title I hope he does a little throwback with the Lion design. Chainsaw could be a keyblade transformation.

AleMustDie

Awards
Could be a Relic from his Family. Something like this.
Could he be from a Royal Family? Or just a noble like Eraqus?
Im thinking about it from a lot of time. Yes, but why he lives in Destiny Islands then?

Back