• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► So how does everyone feel about Re:Mind? (Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
Now that Re:Mind has been released, how does everyone here feel about it? Did you feel it delivered on its promises? And how does it compared to other games?

GreyouTT

Awards
I got some great exploration, story, and gameplay, and I'm having fun in Limit Cut now. Overall I like it. My full thoughts for ReMind were:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

As for the overall package, I think this is the most new content added into a KH game after launch. The only thing it loses out on compared to 2FM is items added for party members, amount of abilities added, and new heartless. Once again, I'm very pleased with it.

But for real fuck treasure chest 7. At least they wised up and had the list in order this time!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Most of it seemed redundant due to the
Spoiler Spoiler Show
. But there were some good moments. I enjoyed MoM's scene, what we learn about Luxord, and everything involving Yozora.

The best was easily the Guardians taking on the replicas in the sky.

2 quid is good

Awards
Welp, I already posted my thoughts on the other thread so I may as well paste them here:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

As to how Remind makes me feel about KH3, it makes it feel fun. Whereas before it was depressing to sit and think about the positives and negatives, now I can do so with a much more lighter feeling than previously.

I'm still not at all excited by the prospect of Isa being good, Subject X, the furrytellers etc, but the secret ending very much did grab my interest and I only hope its not squandered away.

I still personally feel KH3 has one the worst plots in the series, Remind doesn't really fix or exacerbate that, but it also now has my favourite moments in the series too and this level of fanservice was truly warranted after KH3's snoozefest of a finale where the only thing of note to happen was the final world and a KHUX moment. Not to detract from that, as that was a great set piece, but it was surrounded by a lot of mediocre stuff, especially in hindsight. It's amazing how far the correct characters being playable for certain fights will take you.

so tl;dr my thoughts on KH3 base haven't changed but I have a vastly more positive feeling to it now. If that even makes sense

OneDandelion

Awards
Basically my thoughts are.. this dlc doesn’t make up for kh3’s failures but it does make it a better game. Unfortunately, it doesn’t feel like a $90 game to me. If all of this was included in the base game I’d probably feel differently.

The story told in the Keyblade graveyard feels disjointed and like it doesn’t make sense. It felt that way in the base game and it feels that way now. Sora is just too strong now

Honestly I thought I was gonna faceroll the new bosses at level 99 with ultima. I’m glad that’s not the case, but at the same time they’re so absurdly strong that what you wear hardly matters which defeats the purpose of farming out the ultima on the other extreme.

Overall kh3 and its dlc just don’t flow well. It comes off as a game that wanted to show a few good moments with a dozen cool fights and the process of getting to those moments was completely disregarded. Maybe this was due to development issues, I’m not sure, but I hope the future games work better

okhi12

Awards
Gameplay wise it was a good experience, along with the new combos the free update added. Story wise I thought it would fix some issues, but in my opinion was just the opposite. ReMind had the same or even worse writing than base KH3.
At least I can say I don't regret buying it because it was fun, but I have no hope for good storytelling anymore in this series.
I never thought I'd say this, but as wonky as FFXV is I'm glad Nomura wasn't allowed to finish Versus XIII. Would've been way worse.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While I enjoyed what I played. Half of me doesn't feel like it was worth $30, but I do think the group fight, Mickey, Scala, Data Greeting, Data Battles, the secret boss, and all of the new music that was made for these segments definitely make me think otherwise.

I didn't like that the DLC makes you go through the same stuff over again, though. Before I got past the Xehanort/Xemnas/Ansem battle, I was very down on the whole experience. Everything after was a delight, though.

They didn't fix much of what I disliked in the base game, sadly. A lot of what I disliked still remained unanswered and in fact, it doubled down on things I really do not like about the series.

I'm pissed Nomura is letting his salt guide him to this degree despite loving that he is this salty, but I am also Versus trash and wanted this prior to the DLC releasing so I'll live with it.

OH WELL.

Despite my issues with the DLC, I enjoyed Re Mind and I'm enjoying Limit Cut even if it is kicking my ass.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
From a gameplay standpoint, I think the DLC (including the free patch) has turned KH3 into my favorite game in the series. The improvements to base Sora plus the addition of the EZ and Pro Codes, Data Greeting, and the Data Org/secret boss are complete game changers. While explorable Scala was small, it’s design philosophy reminded me of KH1’s balance of fights, exploration, and puzzle solving and that’s exactly what I want the KH team to aim toward going forward. I really hope Nomura will recognize how much we love these kind of things going forward and include them in the base game rather than DLC.

As for the story, I never want to watch the Keyblade graveyard scenes again. Everything before the labyrinth is garbage and I’m mad that Nomura made us relive that with little actual improvement. If we’re gonna be time traveling, it should at least be used to either change what happened previously or show us events from a totally different perspective than the first time around.

However, I loved just about everything after the Nort Court. Scala, the Guardians, Mickey, Sora and Kairi vs Xehanort etc. made this feel like the climax we truly deserved. While I think the time skip is unnecessary and I’m annoyed that Nomura didn’t use Sora’s absense to give us a scene between Riku and Kairi, I’m looking forward to the future of the series with a potential Kairi game already in the works. I know people are disappointed that Nomura is scattering the characters again, but I honestly think it may be in the series’ best interest. Considering how KH3 was a mess at trying to weave together all the series’ plots and characters, I almost prefer that they separate out into their own stories again.

The secret ending really gave me the same kind of wtf feeling KH1 and 2’s did and I’m genuinely excited for Versus XIII concepts to finally come to fruition. I waited so long for that game and XV just wasn’t it. I think Nomura’s ideas for it were always a bit ahead of their time, but now he can realize them on next gen consoles and SE will be unlikely to take them away from him.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I finished Remind last night and I thought it added a decent amount and really made the game feel like it had a better ending. Playing as the other characters was fantastic!

Playing this reminded me of the things I didn’t like about the base game.
1) Terrible lock on. When I was fighting multiple bosses at once, it would lock on the the farther one way too often.
2) The closeness of the camera. It’s too close to your character. You can’t prepare for attacks and enemies you can’t see. And locking on doesn’t work if the enemy isn’t in your field of view.
I’m going back and leveling up my critical run to take on the limit cut now. We’ll see.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I finished Remind last night and I thought it added a decent amount and really made the game feel like it had a better ending. Playing as the other characters was fantastic!

Playing this reminded me of the things I didn’t like about the base game.
1) Terrible lock on. When I was fighting multiple bosses at once, it would lock on the the farther one way too often.
2) The closeness of the camera. It’s too close to your character. You can’t prepare for attacks and enemies you can’t see. And locking on doesn’t work if the enemy isn’t in your field of view.
I’m going back and leveling up my critical run to take on the limit cut now. We’ll see.

Level doesn't matter too much in Limit Cut. Damage is scaled so that it's a similar challenge on all levels. Try and get the best armor and accessories for each fight instead. For once, they scaled things properly so that you'll deal good damage even if you're lvl 1.

D

Deleted member 246005

After ReMind, I'm mostly interested in Verum Rex but mildy interested in everything else.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It ain't worth $30 when so much of it is repeating bosses/cutscenes from the main game. They could've just patched in the option to play other characters in TKbGy in the base game instead. But then the Remind scenario would be too short I guess. Also, the Secret Episode is only accessible after clearing Limitcut, which is a tall order so there's part of your $30 you may not get to experience.

Maybe they could've tried fitting in another Disney world, like Agrabah or something. It would be complete filler but at least it's content. I wonder if there's any worlds that were pretty far along that still got axed like Jungle Book in BBS.

mriku90

Awards
Thumbs up completely! Even without the Data Battles, Remind puts so much more emotional depth on many things KH3 lacked.

Kairi is amazing in the DLC and I think a bright future is ahead for her as a playable character. Also fighting Xemnas and defending Lea.
I loved seeing everyone's heart stations.
Lingering Will vs Terranort was great.
The Roxas and Sora scene showing just how Roxas returns.
Guardians of Light looked great together and that was an incredible sequence.
King Mickey showed why he is the King.

Overall one of the best DLC's for a product I've played in a while.

Awards
Hi, there... First time posting -- been lurking for about a year now...

I have to say, I went into ReMind expecting to be disappointed again, but I was wrong. I feel angry. I feel like Square stole from me. They played me to get half the damn cost of a new release base game for roughly another five hours of recycled content in a series that's already chock full of recycled content. I'm honestly infuriated that they thought that doing a lazy, fan service heavy, director's cut of the endgame section of KH3 was not only worth a $30 price tag, but also worth so much hype.

If they were honest about this basically being a superboss rush mode with rerun cutscenes, and trimmed the price to a much more reasonable and standard issue $15, I don't think I could really be made.

But nope, $30. $30 to further convolute the lore, still not really answer the many lingering questions, continue to tease the existing loose ends, and recycle a bunch of existing bosses with an unwarranted and uncharacteristic (for this title) difficulty spike that's completely unforgiving to players who aren't heavily grinded, masterful with their combat strategies, and fresh in the gameplay. $30 to cock tease me with a trollish Final Fantasy cameo that goes nowhere.

That said, what very little NEW content existed in ReMind was fantastic, and I wanted more! Sora exploring Scala Ad Caelum with a bit of puzzle solving to repiece Kairi's fractured heart; the Guardians of Light fighting against the Xehanort replicas together and engaging in wistful banter; Mickey's last stand; Sora reconnecting the world's to rescue the Guardians once more; the slivers of character growth in the LimitCut episode, and mystery of Yozora's identity and his mission, as well as Luxord's relation to him -- those were all fantastic, and had these things alone been the dlc, instead of a ton of mandatory reruns of existing bosses and horribly written and paced cutscenes, I probably would've loved this, but alas.

The photo design mode is really cool, but it's just not something for me. Definitely a neat addition for those who do like playing with that, though!

A scoop of good in a mound of bad still leaves me with an awful taste in my mouth, and I especially hate all the FFV13 salt.

4/10 for being one of the most tedious and wasteful gaming experiences of my life. Nothing about the whole of KH3 and ReMind is worth a combined $90 price tag. I'm genuinely apprehensive about actually buying any successors in this series until they're massively marked down.

I really want to love this series again like I did when I was a kid, but they just make it so hard... After so many huge blunders, I sincerely want the entire creative team behind this series axed and replaced so that a team of better writers and producers can soft reboot this garbage pile into fresh, coherent, and digestible content.

On a side note, I swear the Playstation store pre-order page teased some kind of bonus. I pre-ordered, and I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there for doing such. I don't need extra pre-order content, but if it's been promised...

GreyouTT

Awards
On a side note, I swear the Playstation store pre-order page teased some kind of bonus. I pre-ordered, and I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there for doing such. I don't need extra pre-order content, but if it's been promised...

Check your themes, there should be a new one.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It ain't worth $30 when so much of it is repeating bosses/cutscenes from the main game. They could've just patched in the option to play other characters in TKbGy in the base game instead. But then the Remind scenario would be too short I guess. Also, the Secret Episode is only accessible after clearing Limitcut, which is a tall order so there's part of your $30 you may not get to experience.

Maybe they could've tried fitting in another Disney world, like Agrabah or something. It would be complete filler but at least it's content. I wonder if there's any worlds that were pretty far along that still got axed like Jungle Book in BBS.

They did plan on a new world but cut it because of time. Sucks 100%

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...now I’m wondering if I’m trying to convince myself I love Re Mind or if I really do enjoy it. It’s like that song from Roger & Hammerstein’s Cinderella.

“Do I want you because you’re wonderful?
Or are you wonderful
Because I want you?”

That is how I’m feeling now that I’m a few days removed from my time with the DLC.

mouflon

Awards
tl;dr
I liked it but was underwhelmed: it wasn’t worth the price, no new content in base game sucked, there wasn’t as much content as I thought there would be. I feel like £15 is reasonable for what we got.

Re:Mind
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Limit Cut
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Secret Episode
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Data Greeting
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back