• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

my Problem with pro players>< in KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Might get attacked for this lol also Sorry didn’t know where to post this so decided here in “general” so anyhow I see a lot (from my perspective) of pro players say those words “Get Gud” to those who play on standard or easy, and sometimes they say Noob... like you do knoe there are many different types of players right?

1) Regular player “who play on easy”
I wouldn’t call them noobs but I won’t call them the best either they are just players who wants to play I guess

2) Decent player “who play on standard”
I fall under here I don’t play for challenge but for story and cool fights without stress either way struggling in standard doesn’t really mean me or someone is Noob, if you can beat a game like kingdom hearts on easy or standard mode then there is no way you’re noob that’s still decent

3) Good player “who play on proud“
Not much to say really, they are Good players who want challenge but not too much challenge like critical players

4) professional players “who play on critical”
Nothing to say here they are video game freaks lol they love challenges that’s all you need to know

Either way being a Good or pro player and playing like 24/7 is not something to brag about on other players and telling them to get gud or call them noob etc

be nice towards each other... that’s all I have to say ty for reading.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Baffles me too. Some people just use it as an excuse to be jerks. Not everyone has the time especially if they work, have kids or family to tend to and so forth. I personally like playing on lower difficulties first to really gage the story but will eventually try to move up in settings if it’s something I know I can do. Beat all the KHs on Critical? Or even Devil May Cry on Heaven or Hell mode? Haha I’m not about that life. I don’t need to do that to enjoy it. I’m lucky I can even beat atleast one data boss lol. Sure it’s satisfying when you do beat those difficult challenges and I wouldn’t take away from anyone that can do it. But in the grand scheme of things, it really kind of doesn’t matter lol. If you’re a pro gamer and are getting paid to play then I could see it mattering. But there’s no excuse for toxic behavior regardless.

Wallflower3582

🤔 I fall in between good and pro, but I do it because I genuinely enjoy the challenge. Games are called games for a reason, they're something you play to have a good time. If you enjoy harder modes like I do, then good for you. That doesn't make you better (though sometimes people literally do it just for bragging rights). But if you'd rather just play on Beginner and enjoy the story, that's good too! My best friend is a casual gamer at best, she played through most of the KH games on Beginner just so she'd understand KH3's plot, and I still had to help her with some boss fights, but she enjoyed herself, so who cares? The point of playing at all is just to have fun. That's why they put the easier modes in there in the first place. Shaming other people for that is just dumb

Noivern

Awards
This.. is the first time I've heard of someone experiencing this sort of thing with Kingdom Hearts, or the whole notion of pro players in this franchise. Not that I doubt it or anything, the internet can and is a pretty evil place sometimes.

Just play in whichever difficulty you like as long as it gets you what you want from the game. Kingdom Hearts is my absolute favorite franchise alongside Mega Man and I know it pretty much like I know myself, but I never played any game on anything above standart nor do I have any plans to do so any time soon. If anyone wants to call me out on that or try to devaluate me as a "fan", well then.. good for them, I guess?

Let people be wrong about you, you don't have to prove anything to anyone.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
I often play on the harder difficulties to unlock trophies. I love the gameplay and story...and I also love trophies. Some people think enjoying trophies ruins the experience, I don't see how... it's nice to get an extra reward or have an achievement for doing something in a game. I often extend my gameplay through them.
Some gamers take how others play to personally and should just let us enjoy the games how we want to.
KH is a single-player experience and we all have the right to enjoy it however we like. :)

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah I never got that mindset. Games are meant to be fun and what is fun for one isn't fun for others. Not everyone wants to or can put hours upon hours to learn patterns and defeat bosses.

I've always had an issue with the more hard core gamers calling BBS trash, just because it's not as rewarding to them as KH2FM was. Like I'm sure they have legitimate complaints regarding the mechanics, but honestly I, as a more casual gamer, find BBS way more fun to play than KH2 is.

I was actually rather frustrated with Limit Cut that key parts of the story moving forward was locked behind super bosses, which the more hard core gamers in the fandom demanded. Like I don't mind the inclusion of them but if they become a hurdle for actual important story developments I'm not down for that. Not everyone enjoys losing time and time again. Luckily EZ codes are a thing so I can still get the scenes on my game.

D

Deleted member 252753

Yeah I never got that mindset. Games are meant to be fun and what is fun for one isn't fun for others. Not everyone wants to or can put hours upon hours to learn patterns and defeat bosses.

I've always had an issue with the more hard core gamers calling BBS trash, just because it's not as rewarding to them as KH2FM was. Like I'm sure they have legitimate complaints regarding the mechanics, but honestly I, as a more casual gamer, find BBS way more fun to play than KH2 is.

I was actually rather frustrated with Limit Cut that key parts of the story moving forward was locked behind super bosses, which the more hard core gamers in the fandom demanded. Like I don't mind the inclusion of them but if they become a hurdle for actual important story developments I'm not down for that. Not everyone enjoys losing time and time again. Luckily EZ codes are a thing so I can still get the scenes on my game.

I agree and remember getting really frustrated trying to unlock the full secret movie in KH2FM, and gave up after hours and hours of trying to beat the data battles and besting only two or three.

Though at least in KH2FM, the secret movie is just a teaser, whereas I understand it's a proper part of the story in KH3, (I am working my way through the limitcut episode so don't know what happens), so hiding it behind superbosses is pretty rough, though I am finding the data battles quite a lot easier than those in KH2FM, playing on Critical. It's good that people can unlock the secret episode more easily with the EZ codes, as I remember in older games the secret endings were unobtainable at the easiest difficulty.

Zul

Awards
-- I see a lot (from my perspective) of pro players say those words “Get Gud” to those who play on standard or easy--

I'm curious as to where you're finding "a lot" of this, I've rarely seen this in the KH fandom.

MRKDH

Awards
I usally play on standard mode first because i want to get through the story without any problems. Sometimes when i notice it was too easy i try out proud or like in KH3 critical. For remind i switched back to standard because i knew the data battles would be easier. But that‘s my decision and nobody‘s business. I mainly play to have fun and think everyone should play the way they want. People who have nothing better to do than to put others down because of it should not be taken seriously or ignored.

Foxycian

Awards
I
I'm curious as to where you're finding "a lot" of this, I've rarely seen this in the KH fandom.
in my perspective, or in a way to say it better from what I saw with my own eyes through the time up till now, we don’t live in the same place you know we each see something different on the news school and life etc

mouflon

Awards
Similar to what Noivern and Zul said, I've never seen this come from anyone in regards to Kingdom Hearts. I've only ever dipped a toe in the fandom, though.

I play on Proud mostly, but sometimes Easy or Critical. Depends on what I want out of the play through. This just makes me a player. Because I play.

I think the whole "get good" thing (when told seriously) stems from the fact that some people like being elitist in regards to their hobbies. Not just video games--it's everything. Books, music, films, art. A lot of it's ego-stroking and chest-beating, especially in video games, but sometimes people just like to make their exclusive little cliques. I don't think it's always entirely a conscious thing, either.

I also think... if somebody does play on Easy because they genuinely are bad at the game, so what? Are people not allowed to suck at video games? Why can't we suck at video games? I sometimes have a blast at games when I'm getting absolutely torn to pieces because I'm not even paying attention. (Maybe that's just me though...)

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I detest that pro gamer mindset. There is nothing wrong with playing a KH game or any game on a easy mode setting. When I first played a KH game I didn't start on expert I started on beginner! The only reason I play on Proud is because I love level grinding for early abilities so it makes more sense for me to be at a more tougher level, but I normally don't like Critical. I only play it just to say I beat it once then I go back to Standard and Proud for normal playing. As many have said, games are meant to be fun regardless of the difficulty.

My sister is a casual KH player who recently played KH on Beginner Mode and I'm very proud that she beat the game and had fun. I don't expect her to perfectly know how to Guard perfectly or upgrade her Keyblade or exploit Links. She just played to have a good time.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wallflower3582

I agree and remember getting really frustrated trying to unlock the full secret movie in KH2FM, and gave up after hours and hours of trying to beat the data battles and besting only two or three.

Though at least in KH2FM, the secret movie is just a teaser, whereas I understand it's a proper part of the story in KH3, (I am working my way through the limitcut episode so don't know what happens), so hiding it behind superbosses is pretty rough, though I am finding the data battles quite a lot easier than those in KH2FM, playing on Critical. It's good that people can unlock the secret episode more easily with the EZ codes, as I remember in older games the secret endings were unobtainable at the easiest difficulty.

I agree wholeheartedly. After struggling to beat my first boss in the limit cut episode, I knew there was no way I could physically beat them all before I had the ending ruined for me with some anticlimactic spoiler, so I had to look up the secret episode on YouTube just so I could enjoy it on my terms. I suppose this is one of the detriments of our modern era and the internet, cos I would have loved to have taken my time and have gotten the secret movie as a real reward. But I knew there was no way I wouldn't see a screenshot or video thumbnail or something that would give it away before I got through them all, so I was forced to look it up.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
My go to response to those kinds of people are: "Cool." Just ignore them, you don't have to prove anything. YOU are the one playing it, not them so why bother?
I don't wanna excuse them but the internet is a very confrontational cesspool for the wicked. Use the tools at your disposal: Block, Mute, Report, or ignore them.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I agree wholeheartedly. After struggling to beat my first boss in the limit cut episode, I knew there was no way I could physically beat them all before I had the ending ruined for me with some anticlimactic spoiler, so I had to look up the secret episode on YouTube just so I could enjoy it on my terms. I suppose this is one of the detriments of our modern era and the internet, cos I would have loved to have taken my time and have gotten the secret movie as a real reward. But I knew there was no way I wouldn't see a screenshot or video thumbnail or something that would give it away before I got through them all, so I was forced to look it up.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Venitas

I think this conversation only started cuz Proud mode in Vanilla kh3 was equivalent to a Standard mode on past KH games and critical wasnt there at the start. I believe everyone should be allowed to play at whatever difficulty they want, but when people demand "easier" to be the default mode, that's where I get a little iffy. I've been playing KH for almost 20 years now, I know the ins and out of the combat system, so I would at least like to have a mode where I dont feel like im.rushing through. Proud mode KH3 for me felt like I was breaking the game.

It makes me worried when people say limit cut is impossible or beginner or standard, cuz that sends a message to square Enix that they need to reduce the difficulty even further. The player needs to have some sort of responsibility to learn attack patterns and have the patience to study what the developers want you to learn about the game.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It makes me worried when people say limit cut is impossible or beginner or standard, cuz that sends a message to square Enix that they need to reduce the difficulty even further. The player needs to have some sort of responsibility to learn attack patterns and have the patience to study what the developers want you to learn about the game.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

OneDandelion

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I agree with you only because there wasn't much story to begin with. If there was a ton of substance there i'd be all for locking the last bit behind a substantial difficulty curve, but there really wasn't. Then again, there's always the option of playing easy/normal mode.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I agree with you only because there wasn't much story to begin with. If there was a ton of substance there i'd be all for locking the last bit behind a substantial difficulty curve, but there really wasn't. Then again, there's always the option of playing easy/normal mode.
I don't know I just think no regular story content should be trapped behind super bosses. In my opinion super bosses should be completely optional and only reward players with new items, trophies and a longer secret movie ending, not actual relevant story development. If the last segment of the story is after a challenging final boss I'm fine with it, but if it's the super bosses which so far have been optional I just don't care for it.

Back