• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Fans what are your plans for the future of the franchise? and Will you move on or stay till the end?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keyblade07

I love KH it’s my favorite franchise Video game of all time... but I feel like for me it’s time to move on from my obsession to it, many decided to leave after KH3 the end of the main saga that started it all, and many still playing and will continue to play, but what about any of you? How long you plan on continuing? I’m planing on becoming a casual fan and by that I mean, basically Kh won’t be my main concern 24/7 when it comes to video games, I feel like the story is a bit messy the more titles they make I still love it, to begin with the story never interested me it was the characters, the story started to become interesting in khbbs where the main villains first appeared, Anyway it was a hard decision but I decided to finally drop off here, Not saying I’m quitting the franchise it just won’t be my main focus in life anymore now that the main saga is over:) so what are you thinking of now?will your drop it? Or be a causal fan and pay less attention to it then usual? or still big fan and stick till the end?

Either way Good luck with your decision

“May your heart be your Guiding Key”

palizinhas

Awards
I've been into KH on and off since I was 8. I haven't actually played a KH game since BBS (outside of khux) due to not having money for a new console, but I still follow the franchise. It's possible I'll fall out of the series at some point due to losing interest (as I have in the past) but even if that happens maybe I'll return in the future. I've disagreed with some of the recent decisions made in the series, but not enough to stop following the games.

the red monster

Awards
I'll keep buying the games as long the gameplay is fun and bosses are good, i also like where the story is going.
but if they focus too much on mobile i might lose interest.. i know some of the UX story but it's hard to keep up with it because i didn't actually play the game.. still hoping they gonna remake it to consoles with KH3 gameplay style.

Awards
Nah, I'll be here. I'll always be here. Whenever they drop a game i'm here... I don't consider myself a casual fan but I don't obeses while there's no new title to come soon or anything like that I do keep up with every update that comes regarding UX and etc but that's that lol

ofc when there's new i get all excited and crazy but yeah, i'll stay

Noivern

Awards
Kingdom Hearts is the reason I learned english on the first place, and the spin offs pretty much secured which consoles I ended up buying growing up.
While I had some bad experiences with the franchise (DDD almost made me quit before I even finished it, and 3 did, in fact, made me quit and watch the entire thing on youtube halfway through the game), I absolutely love the plot for the Chi games and Re:Mind made me excited for the future of the franchise again.

While current KH has it's problems and who knows what we have in store, I'm just happy my favorite franchise is still doing good and we have a lot to look forward to. Compared to my other childhood games, Megaman is barely alive and Final Fantasy is in such a chaotic state that I don't think I have any actual expectations for anything coming out of that brand in the future.

So yeah, at least Kingdom Hearts is still going strong.

okhi12

Awards
Immediately after finishing ReMind I thought the whole DLC was a mess that worsened the plot instead of improving it and I felt disappointed to the point of thinking about leaving the series. I don't even know exactly why I felt that negative, but after a few days I've calmed down and I can say I'll stay for some more time. I don't think I'll play project Xehanort, but I'll try to follow the story as I do with UX while I wait for the next non-mobile game. I'm not sure where all of those opened storylines will lead, but I for sure want to find out. So I'm roughly at the same point I was a year ago just after finishing KH3. Slightly disappointed but hopeful the story in future installments will be interesting enough to keep me invested.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Definitely staying for the Foreteller Saga. The Versus elements alone have made me more intrigued now more than ever. Plus like Sign I'm in way too deep to quit, ha ha

Blizzard-

Awards
There was a point, after I’d finished KH3 last year, I thought about if I’d stick with the series or not. I took a break with the series for the past year (except for the occasional KHuX update I’d watch on YouTube, but those were few and far between). Coming back for Remind, I was reminded again why I enjoy this series in the first place.

I was only 5 years old when the first KH came out and my mom got the game for my siblings and I. We were never able to finish the game (that darn Riku fight in Hallow Bastion lol), but my brother and I loved it. We’d go out into our backyard and beat each other with sticks, pretending they were Keyblades. We’d always argue over who got to be Riku, because even all those years ago he was still one of my favorite characters.

Through out my life, regardless of what was going on at the time, there was always some new KH thing I could play. Sora and Riku felt like childhood friends to me; they were growing and learning as I was too. Seeing them face challenges again in remind gave me that nostalgic, reconnecting with childhood friends feeling.

Regardless of where the story is going, I’ll stick with it just like I would any other friend. We may not always see eye to eye or interact for long periods of time, but I still love the series.

blank points

Awards
For me, I am definitely sticking around to the end. I have been a fan for over 12 years now, and this series has become too dear to me to walk out on it. Sure, the story writing is far from perfect, as others have said, but I have learned to just embrace the madness with anything that comes in this series. Re:Mind has soared my hype for the series even further, so I can't wait until the next saga.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
One does not simply move on from Kingdom Hearts! It ain't that simple.

With that said it's interesting. I don't really care about the story which is still being made up as they go along. I am interested in the characters. They are the thing that keeps me coming back to this insane beautiful mess of a series! I love them, so for me I'm just along for the ride and will stay on for as long as I can.

pssst

As long as there is continuous build-up for the future of the series, like Project Xehanort and the rumored 3 other titles. But I’ll likely forget about the series if there is another gigantic gap in numbered titles.

ghostwarmen

Awards
I was gonna stop after 3, but man the Foreteller setup was too good. Not to mention, this series just evokes emotions no other series does for me. Plus, gotta see what other Disney properties get in, too hyped for that. I'm not getting off this train, ever.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
After seeing what ReMIND had to offer (in terms of story and gameplay), there is no way I'm leaving (not like I was ever considering it anyway). KH is a franchise that I will always love. The only issue I have with it in modern day is the whole mobile game situation. KHX or whatever the original version of KHUX was called was fine when it had nothing to do with the main story, but now that main story stuff is basically happening all the time on a mobile game is disappointing because some fans don't have access and/or the time to invest in a mobile game. I also think that it does a disservice to the players. We already saw how problematic it was to have the spinoff titles on different consoles, now it's even worse because it's not even on a gaming console but a phone, so the quality of gaming/story telling can't be like the rest of the series.

Anyway, I digress. I will always be a KH fan.

AR829038

Awards
I'm here till the bitter end. I've been with this series since I was five years old, and I have never and will never give up on it. Even as a grown man, I still find as much joy and pleasure in this series as I did when I was a child, and following this series remains one of my deepest pleasures.
That being said, I am ambivalent about the future of the series. On the one hand, I love what we've been getting regarding Verum Rex and Xigbar-Luxu, but on the other hand, I'm really not jazzed about how much the Union X storyline has swallowed up this series. I've never hid my disdain for UX—I think it's by far the worst game in the series, and by far the worst story when you account for the obscene amount of filler and monthly drip pacing, and having the future of the series be built upon the foundation of that storyline is not in any way appealing to me. Not only that, but I truly dread this new direction they're going in with these mobile games. It was one thing when it was just Union X, but now that the new Xehanort game is getting the mobile treatment, I'm really starting to get worried that this is going to become a regular thing. I don't think it'd be enough for me to leave the series—I don't see that ever happening—but if the mobile games start overtaking the real games in terms of number and importance, then I might consider stepping back until Square Enix and Nomura gets themselves together and realizes that these mobile games, while lucrative in the short run, are not nearly as popular with players as they think they are.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
There are definitely times where I get frustrated with and/or tired of the series and think "Maybe this is it. Maybe I'm finally losing interest."

Never lasts more than a few days, lmao.

Back