• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unpopular opinions!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Well, let's see how this ends...😬
I don't care that much about Roxas. I have nothing against him, I do sympathize him for everything he had to go trough, and appreciate the lovely friendship he has with Xion & Axel. But is he one of the best characters of the franchise? In my PERSONAL books, absolute no. There are characters I like way more.

P.s. One of the reasons might be that I played Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days trough only once.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Hot take here, a lot of people expected Kingdom Hearts III to be the end of the franchise and are low-key mad that it will continue beyond the Xehanort saga because they expected a definitive conclusion for everybody.

I'm personally glad that this franchise has stories to tell beyond the Xehanort saga.

PikaPal

Awards
Unpopular opinion?

Ansem seeker of darkness is better then Xemnas
If we're taking about the vanilla versions of both I and II then I'd say you're just about right.

Ansem SOD was given the perfect amount of screentime to show just how menacing he was unlike with Xemnas who is only given two scenes as we trek through the Disney worlds (and it's mostly just him taunting Sora) and then is at The World That Never Was without any sort of proper major buildup that Ansem SOD had.

That and aside from that laughably short scene he had with Saix he barely ever felt like he was actually running an organisation... just another big bad evil villain who needs to be knocked down a peg.

Than the Final Mix version happened and finally righted most of those wrongs and for that he's up there as one of my most favourite villains ever.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I decided to put this here instead of the 'Nitpicks' thread because this is not a Nitpick this is a very highly unpopular opinion.

I don't care for Keyblade Armor. Many people always ask me in KH discussions if I think Sora, Riku, and Kairi will get Keyblade Armor like TAV. And I always am like "Maybe? They don't really need it" and they don't. I kinda don't even get the appeal. I much prefer seeing characters faces as opposed to faceless armor. LW is cool and all but I don't need anymore of it. Like having the armor on doesn't boost the characters strength and the other characters have Gummi Ships so yeah.

D

Deleted member 252753

I decided to put this here instead of the 'Nitpicks' thread because this is not a Nitpick this is a very highly unpopular opinion.

I don't care for Keyblade Armor. Many people always ask me in KH discussions if I think Sora, Riku, and Kairi will get Keyblade Armor like TAV. And I always am like "Maybe? They don't really need it" and they don't. I kinda don't even get the appeal. I much prefer seeing characters faces as opposed to faceless armor. LW is cool and all but I don't need anymore of it. Like having the armor on doesn't boost the characters strength and the other characters have Gummi Ships so yeah.
I certainly agree with you. I personally think the armour doesn't fit so well stylistically into the series.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I certainly agree with you. I personally think the armour doesn't fit so well stylistically into the series.
I mean I don't dislike the armor, I just don't care to see Sora or Riku get them. Like why would they need it storyline wise? I'm fine with bosses having armor because their bosses but unless Sora actually needs armor for example to like fit in a certain Disney world or something I'm not anxious to see him get the Wayfinder armor. Honestly the Wayfinder trio barely make any use of that armor outside the BBS trailer. Just let it be a TAV thing.

Foxycian

Awards
I mean I don't dislike the armor, I just don't care to see Sora or Riku get them. Like why would they need it storyline wise? I'm fine with bosses having armor because their bosses but unless Sora actually needs armor for example to like fit in a certain Disney world or something I'm not anxious to see him get the Wayfinder armor. Honestly the Wayfinder trio barely make any use of that armor outside the BBS trailer. Just let it be a TAV thing.
Roxas,Axel,Xion= organization 13 cool coat
Ventus,Terra,Aqua= keyblade Armor+keyblade glide
Sora,Riku,kairi= Various Different Clothes

I think it’s fair, the armors certainly fits the wayfinder trio more then anyone while the organization cost fits sea salt trio more, tbh I like it this way, SRK are already the main focus of thie series they don’t need cool coats or armors, kairi had like 3 different clothes in each game with Sora and riku having 4, I think each trio got its own fair treatment.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Roxas,Axel,Xion= organization 13 cool coat
Ventus,Terra,Aqua= keyblade Armor+keyblade glide
Sora,Riku,kairi= Various Different Clothes

I think it’s fair, the armors certainly fits the wayfinder trio more then anyone while the organization cost fits sea salt trio more, tbh I like it this way, SRK are already the main focus of thie series they don’t need cool coats or armors, kairi had like 3 different clothes in each game with Sora and riku having 4, I think each trio got its own fair treatment.
Actually Kairi's had about 4 too. Gotta count her BBS baby clothes lol. The same applies to Sora and Riku too. Still I get what you mean.

Awards
I'm not 100% sure how if this belongs here but:
I personally think every Soriku-shipper should take a long walk on a short pier, so they could wash some sense into their heads.

I know I'm talking about a difficult subject. But I don't mind if some fans simply think Sora's & Riku's personalities would have a nice correlation, or if they wish their bromance would have something more in it. But actually stating that the ship is legit, and that Riku is the one Sora is meant to end up with is what makes me cringe. All the "proof" about Sora & Riku being gay is just taking scenes about those two characters out of context, and ignoring the obvious signs about Sora & Kairi. Those shippers are only "seeing" what they want to see.
And most important, I say the ship feeds the idea of toxic masculinity, trying to force a deep connection between two guys into something it was never meant to be. I especially loved how in the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, Sora and Riku were able to be so open with each other after all they had went trough. But this is a perfect example of why especially young guys in real life shun from the idea of expressing or talking about emotions: cause they have to be afraid of those, who take it as a sign of homosexuality/something that makes them less manly.

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
tenor.gif

Guernsey

Awards
While Sora isn't a Mary Sue, a lot of plot points and characters tend to gravitate towards him.

Awards
I'm as bummed as anyone for the lack of Disney bosses compared to previous games, but honestly? If I were making a KH game and couldn't use a Disney boss for one reason or another, I wouldn't mind throwing in a Heartless or whatever enemy type boss to make up for it.

Yeah. Considering how detailed & developed the battle technique has become, it's simply hard to find villains anymore who can put up a fight.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Sephiroth ain't that hard. First time I beat him I was only lv. 85!

OneDandelion

Awards
Nomura is working on too many projects. I get that he's a big deal and a hard worker, but Square Enix needs to reevaluate the way they direct games if they have one person having a huge influence over multiple series simultaneously. Honestly, I can actively see his style shifting and blending back and forth between KH and FF and its not a good thing imo. One man, one game series, one direction. Their new games have been shallow in gameplay and all over the place in their plots.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Nomura is working on too many projects. I get that he's a big deal and a hard worker, but Square Enix needs to reevaluate the way they direct games if they have one person having a huge influence over multiple series simultaneously. Honestly, I can actively see his style shifting and blending back and forth between KH and FF and its not a good thing imo. One man, one game series, one direction. Their new games have been shallow in gameplay and all over the place in their plots.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion, lol. He's been getting real flack after KHIII. And now he's gone and pissed off a portion of one of the fandoms that you should really avoid pissing off (FF7).

Veevee

Awards
I'm not 100% sure how if this belongs here but:
I personally think every Soriku-shipper should take a long walk on a short pier, so they could wash some sense into their heads.

I know I'm talking about a difficult subject. But I don't mind if some fans simply think Sora's & Riku's personalities would have a nice correlation, or if they wish their bromance would have something more in it. But actually stating that the ship is legit, and that Riku is the one Sora is meant to end up with is what makes me cringe. All the "proof" about Sora & Riku being gay is just taking scenes about those two characters out of context, and ignoring the obvious signs about Sora & Kairi. Those shippers are only "seeing" what they want to see.
And most important, I say the ship feeds the idea of toxic masculinity, trying to force a deep connection between two guys into something it was never meant to be. I especially loved how in the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, Sora and Riku were able to be so open with each other after all they had went trough. But this is a perfect example of why especially young guys in real life shun from the idea of expressing or talking about emotions: cause they have to be afraid of those, who take it as a sign of homosexuality/something that makes them less manly.

While I don't actually ship them (I basically don't ship anything in the series because ... the series doesn't do that justice very well), I have to disagree with a few points here.

First of all, EVERY shipper does basically only see what they want to see. Personally, I think the SoKai ship is one of the worst romances I've ever seen in any media because it's just so forced and bland. People ship Riku and Sora together because they have a lot in common, they have a deep connection (damn, Riku was in Sora's heart) and DDD is all over it with them constantly telling everyone how much they care about each other and how they miss each other and so on. Yes, you're right, you don't need to take that as a hint of them being gay, but I can see why people do and personally, I think they'd compliment each other well. SoKai is basically Kairi sending Sora cheesy letters in her head, Sora never thinking about her and only talking about Riku when they're supposedly having a moment (looking awkward as hell) and suddenly, they're supposed to be in love. Sort of. It has a reason that extra stuff was in the DLC, it was an afterthought. If anything, I felt KH3 disproved SoKai as a functional couple more than it proved it. Nomura doesn't care one bit about Kairi, so why would I? For Riku, Repliku wanted to protect Naminé and Riku respected that wish, I don't really see the sexual tension there. Anyway, this is not a shipping war.

I feel like you got toxic masculinity wrong ... toxic masculinity is a (usually manly) behaviour when people consider others less manly because of certain things, like displaying emotions. To put shippers in the same pot is just insulting ... I mean the problem here is not that people ship them - shippers ship anything that's been together on the screen for two seconds - it's that real people treat other real people worse because some part of some fandom who thinks two men loving each other (on whatever basis) is gay. At least that what you're implying, I guess. Basically your idea is people should stop shipping fictional characters as gay because it might imply that two good friends in reality are gay? Sounds pretty wild to me.
Guess what, I wish people would stop basically making love comments about every friendship between men and women. They CAN be friends. People are like that especially with hetero pairings and so often when someone brings up the possibility of a character being gay they yell "oh, you with your homosexuality! Why do you have to make everyone gay?" - I don't, I simply imply it's a possibility. Why do you have to make everyone hetero? With fictional characters we can ship whoever we want on whatever signs we want, shipping is simple fun. "Because 90% of the world's population is hetero!" - we can't know that for sure, like, we really can't (who even makes these large-scale guesses?) and even if they are, you might win statistically, but that doesn't disprove the idea the two characters we're talking about might be in the remaining 10%. That our society is heteronormative is not exactly healthy and shouldn't be a point of an argument.

So, if people treat two good friends worse because they imply they might be gay and on top of that, imply that makes them any less manly, this is nowhere the fault of shippers, it's solely the fault of those awful people. THAT'S a sign of toxic masculinity, not shipping. Toxic masculinity is basically punishing shippers for their (playful) opinion while harassing real life people and putting the blame for that on someone else.
Riku being gay or not has nothing to do with him being manly or not, something he also doesn't have to be if he doesn't feel like it. Also, me thinking Sora and Riku might be a good couple doesn't make any two guys in the real world gay, that's just excessive and if anything, people should take Sora and Riku as poster childs of a lovely connection (of any sort). If people would stop seeing emotions between men as "unmanly" and thus as baaad, we wouldn't even have a discussion about this.

Last edited:
Back