• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well, I'm sure Disney will definitely want it to be in the next KH game...but so, too, will Square Enix. The Disney properties help sell the game, and Frozen is the most popular animated property Disney owns right now--whether you're talking about WDAS or PIXAR. Frozen II is the highest-grossing animated film of all time, probably to be usurped by Frozen III in the next five years...

Even if we don't get to fight with Elsa, I hope we at least get to fight alongside Anna and Kristoff next time. Perhaps Elsa as a party member can be saved for its third appearance the way Hercules was.
Maybe it's because I'm way out of the demographic for FROZEN II, compared to when FROZEN came out, but it doesn't seem to be as hyped up as the original. I don't even see people as interested in "Into The Unknown" (which was apparently supposed to be the "Let It Go" of FROZEN II). With the way that Arendelle played out in KH3, I'm not sure if these CGI era films are really working in KH. There's something about the scenery that doesn't have that magic and doesn't stand out. Part of the fun of KH games was to actually explore iconic locations in the film. KH3 skipped out on Elsa's palace. FROZEN II didn't really have any location that made me immediately say "I want to explore there in KH!" I think I'm getting off the point, but I think world selection should really be about which worlds will actually be fun/interesting to explore and actually play through, rather than popularity of the film.

Anyway, I really want Elsa to be a party member. Hopefully, we will finally get a KH game with more than 1 female Disney party member.
I wouldn't get to worried on Frozen II including the plot, and when compared to the other KH3 Disney worlds I'd say this and Toy Box are going to have the likely chance of returning to Kingdom Hearts IV.

As for story it be just like the movie with Sora, Donald and Goofy tagging along have it begin with them arriving to Arendelle for the first time either during the morning or at night, but I'd chose the former then later at night while they look at the night sky until they notice the Crystal spirits (Fire, Water, Wind and Earth) that Elsa awakens and also having a few Heartless causing chaos in Arendelle. This is soon followed with Sora, Donald and Goofy rescuing the Villagers and evacuating them from Arendelle similar to SDG saving the townsfolk in Olympus during the Heartless attack in KH3.
Then after the whole ordeal the rest of the movie happens (get advice from Pabbie, head into the Enchanted Forest, meet Mathias and the Northuldra, etc.) with SDG involved with Elsa, Anna and the others until the former separates from them and a few Heartless and Bosses popping up.

As far goes as Elsa being a party member to Sora, I'd say it's very likely. She is no longer the person who's afraid of using her powers when around others like the first film and KH3 as she managed to have better control over her Ice powers by the end of the first film going forward, plus imagine the team limits she can do with Sora when battling enemies, it's similar to how Hercules in KH1 and KH2 wasn't even in Sora's party before he officially became a party member for Sora in KH3. Even Anna could also be a secondary party member as well as she can wield a sword, don't know what else she can do besides using the sword (unless that was in the teaser). However, it could be another Rapunzel situation where by the time the see the ship wreckage and Elsa creates the Ice ramp and Boat for Anna and Olaf as well as SDG it's when she stops joining Sora's party and heads off to Ahtohallan and the rest of it would just be Anna as the sole party member for Sora until the end of the world's story, But who can say.

We don't know if Disney we will put more guidelines for Arendelle's return in Kingdom Hearts IV but I'm optimistic it won't be as restrictive compared to KH3's visit of the world.

Lastly, I do hope that Sora, Donald and Goofy see and witness Bruni the Salamander cause I was disappointed that in Kingdom of Corona they pay little to no attention to Pascal regardless if they saw him twice and just disregarded him. Just imagine if they saw the flame spirit and mistook it for a Heartless (which would be funny btw) was nothing but a little salamander. :p
giphy.gif
I think your idea could work. It'd be cool to see Sora use the keyblade to enter the Enchanted Forest or even defeat the spirits to get access.

Like I said above, I don't know how much impact FROZEN II has because even though did amazing at the box-office, it just doesn't seem like the massive cultural hit that FROZEN was... so maybe DISNEY won't be so strict with it. I can't even see DISNEY demanding a film musical recreation like "Let It Go" in KH3. Unless when we enter Arendelle, it's a KH remake of "Into The Unknown" where Elsa and the others go off and travel. Then Sora strolls in and hears the spirits' call.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't even see people as interested in "Into The Unknown" (which was apparently supposed to be the "Let It Go" of FROZEN II).
I have to disagree with you there. It was the song released from Frozen II, but the Lopezes didn't write the song with the intention of re-creating "Let It Go." They said so when the film was still being made pre-release and it shows; "Let It Go" and "Into the Unknown" just do not feel like similar songs at all, except that Idina Menzel is singing both of them. Regardless, the film is still the highest-selling animated film right now and that's the main reason it will be included. Square Enix is just as money-hungry and calculated when it comes to moving their products as Disney is, that was my point and not a demand that you must like Frozen II.

Tobi

Awards
With the way that Arendelle played out in KH3, I'm not sure if these CGI era films are really working in KH. There's something about the scenery that doesn't have that magic and doesn't stand out.
Wasn't Rapunzel also CGI? If so, i have to disagree. The Kingdom of Corona was one of my favorite worlds in KH3. Maybe the world couldn't include all scenes and details which fans of the movie were hoping for (never watched it), but for me it worked out.

Elysium

Awards
Yeah, I had no problem with the world designs in KH3 at all. I think the PIXAR films may be a bigger problem when you consider Toy Story had to take place somewhere new instead of a locale from the films.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yeah, I had no problem with the world designs in KH3 at all. I think the PIXAR films may be a bigger problem when you consider Toy Story had to take place somewhere new instead of a locale from the films.
That's true about Toy Story, but Monsters Inc's world mainly took place in the factory. Do you think tif we get more PIXAR worlds we'll get more "Galaxy Toys" locations? I mean I personally liked Galaxy Toys but I get it, it wasn't a iconic Toy Story location.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Wasn't Rapunzel also CGI? If so, i have to disagree. The Kingdom of Corona was one of my favorite worlds in KH3. Maybe the world couldn't include all scenes and details which fans of the movie were hoping for (never watched it), but for me it worked out.
I'm going to have to disagree with you (@Tobi). Personally in my unpopular opinion, I find Kingdom of Corona to be wasted in KH3 mostly during the world's 2nd 3rd act due to how Sora, Donald and Goofy stood out like a "sore thumb", removing mentioning of the golden flower, Sora and the gang never questioning Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair, changing Flynn/Eugene's character, and having Sora and the gang be clueless of Mother Gothel's true colors while remained blissfully unaware about her after their first and ONLY time encountering her, before Marluxia tolds them through context.

Lastly regardless if the world brought up the "New Seven Hearts" (as Rapunzel is one of them) and Marluxia thematically fit the world, neither Rapunzel and Mother Gothel respectively never brought up his name again for the remainder after their first encounter of him. At least Xaldin was handled much better in Beast's Castle than Marluxia. lol

I made a lot of complaints on Kingdom of Corona, before which you can view here, here and here.

But just Imagine if SDG were involved during the climax of Wreck-It Ralph, Moana and Zootopia but are just "there" in the background not knowing what's going on and doing their own conflict (e.g. Fighting a Giant Heartless), while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but don't acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved.

but I think world selection should really be about which worlds will actually be fun/interesting to explore and actually play through, rather than popularity of the film.
Honestly @Face My Fears, it's been a subjective debate with how Nomura and his team choose the Disney worlds for the different KH games either because of the film having relevance (which is quite different from popularity), the requests demanding to have that particular film in the game as a world (e.g. Halloween Town, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, etc..), being included as it's Nomura or the developers favorite film, but literally it comes down to the following factors:
  • Which Disney or Pixar films do Nomura and the development team want as worlds in the game
  • Which specific Disney worlds they want to reuse again for the specific KH game.
  • The themes that the specific Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.)
  • The Story the world can offer
  • The gameplay value and environment that the world can offer.
  • Variety
  • Disney and to a degree fans giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3)
I feel that some of the Disney worlds (not all of them) felt questionable in some of the KH games, not to say that there is anything wrong with them being in the game but I feel that some of them should've been worlds in earlier installments or don't seem to align with the theme of that Kingdom Hearts game like The Hunchback of Notre Dame world felt more like a KH1 or KH2 world if you ask me, mainly the latter given that half of the worlds in KH2 consisted of films from the Disney Renaissance (e.g. Lion King, Mulan, etc.) and some of the worlds like Beast's Castle, Land of Dragons and Pride Lands where just worlds added into KH2 because their worlds were destroyed by the Heartless in the first game and the latter two worlds had Simba and Mushu who first started out as summons for Sora in KH1, not because those films share the same themes to KH2. For Monster's Inc., I think this should have been a world earlier in the KH series like BBS or Dream Drop Distance, mainly the latter game instead of KH3 cause I was expecting a Pixar world to appear even before KH3, and I'm a little salty about Wreck-It Ralph not included as a world in KH3. Personally, I felt Dark Riku felt more fitting for Wreck-it Ralph than Big Hero 6 imao, given that the former film had more mentioning of Data which was prevalent in that film and especially in the Tron franchise than Big Hero 6.

Then their is also the fact that they included worlds that no one not even myself expected were to be in KH because of obscurity such as Tron and Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers, especially the former cause none of us were familiar with Tron and the reason that got added in KH2 was because it was more than likely his favorite film and also saw a Disney Interactive Studios staffer working on a Tron game (Tron 2.0) on his PC.

Personally this is how I envisioned the Disney worlds will be like for the next games:

Disney Worlds for KH game before Kingdom Hearts IV (DDD 2)
  • Coco
  • Inside Out
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Moana
  • Treasure Planet
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton Version)
  • The Jungle Book (1967 animated version)
  • Dumbo
  • Brave
  • Soul, Onward or Jungle Cruise

Disney Worlds for Kingdom Hearts IV
  • Zootopia
  • Raya and the Last Dragon
  • Onward
  • The Incredibles (following original story after the 2nd film)
  • Princess and the Frog
  • Frozen II (returning world)
  • Toy Story (returning world)
  • Aladdin (returning world; following plot of third film)
  • Lilo & Stitch
  • Winnie the Pooh (returning world)
  • Jungle Cruise

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
That's true about Toy Story, but Monsters Inc's world mainly took place in the factory. Do you think tif we get more PIXAR worlds we'll get more "Galaxy Toys" locations? I mean I personally liked Galaxy Toys but I get it, it wasn't a iconic Toy Story location.
@SweetYetSalty, to be fair though it made sense to have Monstropolis take place at Monster's Inc. cause that's the main setting of the original movie, but I agree they should've renamed this to Monster's Inc. instead of Monstropolis cause it's similar to the first KH game with Neverland as for the majority of the level is literally on Captain Hook's pirate ship instead of the Island of Neverland (which doesn't become explorable by 358/2 Days and especially Birth by Sleep.).

I also think if we get worlds based on Brave, Onward, The Incredibles, Coco and Soul as worlds in a futre game it's likely they would follow the route of the Toy Story and Monster's Inc. worlds in KH3 where it is an original storyline and not a retelling of the movie, although it's likely that the Coco and Soul worlds would lbe a prequel storyline set before their respective films when compared to Toy Story, Monster's Inc. and the former three Pixar films (Brave, Onward, The Incredibles) being sequels or in Toy Story's case interquels.

Tobi

Awards
@DizneyXBirds95
I see that you have your issues with that world, but I just can't share that opinion. It may be true, that important story elements of the movie were left out - which I'm not able to rate, since I didn't watched the movie - but honestly, the way they approached this world I don't mind. The ingame interactions with Rapunzel were great and also Soras own moments later at the castle, just having fun. They looking at the flying lamps and getting annoyed (not angry, just annoyed) when the Nobodies are showing up and then at the end the run towards the beginning of the map together with that god-like arrangement of Tension Rising, which amplified the feeling that SDG should better hurry (yes they didn't, but I was hyped up enough to rush down the path as fast as I could). On top of that the world featured one of my favs. of the old and new Organisation Marluxia, where I thought for a moment that he used a death spell on Sora. The boss at the end was up to that point of the story also one of the better (didn't liked the one of Toy Story and I had my issues in phase two of the Titan battle)

Storywise the world was maybe lacking here and there, although I don't mind, that SDG stayed clueless one time about the enemy. After all they didn't have a reason to suspect the person who they believed was Rapunzels worried mother having lied to Rapunzel and imprisoned her for her own benefit.
But stylewise this world was definitly great and showed how a linear world should be. In comparison aside from the boss Arendelle was the complete opposite on terms of style (okay the ice labyrinth was a cool suprise, but that was it for me).

Elysium

Awards
Possibly. In fairness, the Hercules world took place in an imaginary location in KH1, but at least that was a creative decision to incorporate a fun fighting side quest.

But stylewise this world was definitly great and showed how a linear world should be. In comparison aside from the boss Arendelle was the complete opposite on terms of style (okay the ice labyrinth was a cool suprise, but that was it for me).
I actually feel the exact opposite on the worlds in KH3; I far prefer Arendelle's execution to Corona's in that game. :p That said, I’m definitely open to Corona appearing again at the same time. Especially if they used the series, I'd be ecstatic if that happened.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm going to have to disagree with you (@Tobi). Personally in my unpopular opinion, I find Kingdom of Corona to be wasted in KH3 mostly during the world's 2nd 3rd act due to how Sora, Donald and Goofy stood out like a "sore thumb", removing mentioning of the golden flower, Sora and the gang never questioning Rapunzel's long hair along with witnessing Rapunzel’s magic powers through her hair, changing Flynn/Eugene's character, and having Sora and the gang be clueless of Mother Gothel's true colors while remained blissfully unaware about her after their first and ONLY time encountering her, before Marluxia tolds them through context.

Lastly regardless if the world brought up the "New Seven Hearts" (as Rapunzel is one of them) and Marluxia thematically fit the world, neither Rapunzel and Mother Gothel respectively never brought up his name again for the remainder after their first encounter of him. At least Xaldin was handled much better in Beast's Castle than Marluxia. lol

I made a lot of complaints on Kingdom of Corona, before which you can view here, here and here.

But just Imagine if SDG were involved during the climax of Wreck-It Ralph, Moana and Zootopia but are just "there" in the background not knowing what's going on and doing their own conflict (e.g. Fighting a Giant Heartless), while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but don't acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved.

Honestly @Face My Fears, it's been a subjective debate with how Nomura and his team choose the Disney worlds for the different KH games either because of the film having relevance (which is quite different from popularity), the requests demanding to have that particular film in the game as a world (e.g. Halloween Town, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, etc..), being included as it's Nomura or the developers favorite film, but literally it comes down to the following factors:
  • Which Disney or Pixar films do Nomura and the development team want as worlds in the game
  • Which specific Disney worlds they want to reuse again for the specific KH game.
  • The themes that the specific Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.)
  • The Story the world can offer
  • The gameplay value and environment that the world can offer.
  • Variety
  • Disney and to a degree fans giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3)
I feel that some of the Disney worlds (not all of them) felt questionable in some of the KH games, not to say that there is anything wrong with them being in the game but I feel that some of them should've been worlds in earlier installments or don't seem to align with the theme of that Kingdom Hearts game like The Hunchback of Notre Dame world felt more like a KH1 or KH2 world if you ask me, mainly the latter given that half of the worlds in KH2 consisted of films from the Disney Renaissance (e.g. Lion King, Mulan, etc.) and some of the worlds like Beast's Castle, Land of Dragons and Pride Lands where just worlds added into KH2 because their worlds were destroyed by the Heartless in the first game and the latter two worlds had Simba and Mushu who first started out as summons for Sora in KH1, not because those films share the same themes to KH2. For Monster's Inc., I think this should have been a world earlier in the KH series like BBS or Dream Drop Distance, mainly the latter game instead of KH3 cause I was expecting a Pixar world to appear even before KH3, and I'm a little salty about Wreck-It Ralph not included as a world in KH3. Personally, I felt Dark Riku felt more fitting for Wreck-it Ralph than Big Hero 6 imao, given that the former film had more mentioning of Data which was prevalent in that film and especially in the Tron franchise than Big Hero 6.

Then their is also the fact that they included worlds that no one not even myself expected were to be in KH because of obscurity such as Tron and Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers, especially the former cause none of us were familiar with Tron and the reason that got added in KH2 was because it was more than likely his favorite film and also saw a Disney Interactive Studios staffer working on a Tron game (Tron 2.0) on his PC.

Personally this is how I envisioned the Disney worlds will be like for the next games:

Disney Worlds for KH game before Kingdom Hearts IV (DDD 2)
  • Coco
  • Inside Out
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Moana
  • Treasure Planet
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton Version)
  • The Jungle Book (1967 animated version)
  • Dumbo
  • Brave
  • Soul, Onward or Jungle Cruise

Disney Worlds for Kingdom Hearts IV
  • Zootopia
  • Raya and the Last Dragon
  • Onward
  • The Incredibles (following original story after the 2nd film)
  • Princess and the Frog
  • Frozen II (returning world)
  • Toy Story (returning world)
  • Aladdin (returning world; following plot of third film)
  • Lilo & Stitch
  • Winnie the Pooh (returning world)
  • Jungle Cruise
I actually really liked Kingdom of Corona - visually and storywise (minus the mystery of the satchel and no Mother Gothel/Stabbington Bros. fight).

I think Kingdom of Corona was well done because it felt like I was actually going through the film and at least experiencing the journey Rapunzel had from tower to kingdom. Arendelle was Snow Mountain and made-up Ice Palace to add length, oh and the exterior of Elsa's iconic palace. You don't even visit the Arendelle castle or Arendelle itself. San Fransokyo had NO memorable locations from the film except for the bridge which is not accessible to revisit and also cutscene only. Oh there is Hiro's garage. Toy Box had Andy's Room and the street, then Galaxy Toys which was completely new.

The way Kingdom of Corona was done is how I'd like other worlds to be -- for me to actually feel like I'm in the film. That is one of the allures of Kingdom Hearts. Which brings me back to world selection. Vibrant worlds that stand out in their respective films should take precedent. Imagine visiting Pride Lands and not being able to go on Pride Rock? Or Halloween Town, but the Curly Hill is seen in the distance and you can't explore it - what's the point? I'm not saying that I didn't like the worlds in KH3 because I thought they were the second best usage of worlds, only behind KH1, but I still want to at least visit memorable locations in the film. The Arendelle boss fight couldn't even happen on the ice with the frozen ships in the background.

My other opinion on worlds is basically moot nowadays because I doubt they can ever go back to it. But for the sake of seeing if anyone feels the same way - I miss how each world in KH1 seemed to feel different the way you explored. Wonderland had so many ways the world could twist (and even make you big/small), Deep Jungle was swinging from trees and climbing, Agrabah had lots of platforming (I think is the right term) to explore the Cave of Wonders (and Agrabah itself), Monstro was a maze etc. KH2 definitely did not have that, but KH3 did manage to bring back a unique feeling exploring each world - which is something I appreciated and I hope they continue to improve on. Toy Box really made you feel like a small toy because you constantly had to run up the walls or use flowmotion to move around, Monstropolis captured the office feeling of being cramped, The Caribbean made you feel like you were really exploring the open seas, San Fransokyo captured the open world vibe of modern-day superhero games (like the Arkham games).

I have to disagree with you there. It was the song released from Frozen II, but the Lopezes didn't write the song with the intention of re-creating "Let It Go." They said so when the film was still being made pre-release and it shows; "Let It Go" and "Into the Unknown" just do not feel like similar songs at all, except that Idina Menzel is singing both of them. Regardless, the film is still the highest-selling animated film right now and that's the main reason it will be included. Square Enix is just as money-hungry and calculated when it comes to moving their products as Disney is, that was my point and not a demand that you must like Frozen II.
I didn't know about any of the backstory for FROZEN II, I just assumed that they were hoping for another hit showstopper like "Let It Go" in the song that they promoted heavily (which I thought was the Disney norm).

I mean it's the highest selling animated film, but that doesn't mean the franchise is still as beloved as when it was just FROZEN. Even though Star Wars rakes in cash, the new trilogy managed to turn away tons of fans (like me). So the interest was there for FROZEN II, but I'm not sure people are as excited for it like they used to be for the original. Again, I'm not actively following data on FROZEN II, so I really can't say. I don't doubt it will be in future KH games, it's just that I'm hoping they integrate Sora into the story better. It'll be weird for Sora to pop back into Arendelle and chat with Elsa like they're besties when Sora had one conversation with her for less than 5 minutes.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
@DizneyXBirds95
I see that you have your issues with that world, but I just can't share that opinion. It may be true, that important story elements of the movie were left out - which I'm not able to rate, since I didn't watched the movie - but honestly, the way they approached this world I don't mind. The ingame interactions with Rapunzel were great and also Soras own moments later at the castle, just having fun. They looking at the flying lamps and getting annoyed (not angry, just annoyed) when the Nobodies are showing up and then at the end the run towards the beginning of the map together with that god-like arrangement of Tension Rising, which amplified the feeling that SDG should better hurry (yes they didn't, but I was hyped up enough to rush down the path as fast as I could). On top of that the world featured one of my favs. of the old and new Organisation Marluxia, where I thought for a moment that he used a death spell on Sora. The boss at the end was up to that point of the story also one of the better (didn't liked the one of Toy Story and I had my issues in phase two of the Titan battle)

Storywise the world was maybe lacking here and there, although I don't mind, that SDG stayed clueless one time about the enemy. After all they didn't have a reason to suspect the person who they believed was Rapunzels worried mother having lied to Rapunzel and imprisoned her for her own benefit.
Agree to disagree, but frankly the scene with SDG and Gothel still raised Red Flags and If I were in their shoes or be right beside them and if Gothel gave me the cold shoulder calling me "useless of no help" I too would raise an eyebrow and think to myself you know something feels of with this woman.

Even they also remain blissfully unaware that Flynn/Eugene got knocked out and when they (particularly Donald and Goofy) see him again they don't question what happened to him they just say, "Flynn Sora's unconscious" and "Oh no Rapunzel is held Captive" etc. it felt too preachy and over the top. Not to mention Donald and Goofy did absolutely NOTHING and stood idle while Sora remained unconscious until Maximus woke him up the next day thanks to Marluxia. Shame on them. The rest of it when Flynn went out to rescue Rapunzel (Gothel stabbing Flynn/Eugene, Eugene cutting Rapunzel's hair causing Gothel aged to dust, Rapunzel healing Flynn/Eugene) just had Sora Donald and Goofy being just "There" in the background not knowing what's happening ever since Flynn went of to the tower to rescue Rapunzel (yeah they saw Gothel's cloak before it was immediately turned into the Grim Guardianess Heartless by Marluxia and witness Flynn/Eugene dying until Rapunzel revived him with the Healing incantation) but they weren't acknowledged by the cast until after Eugene was Healed.

Regarding Marluxia, I'm sorry but even if Marluxia thematically fit the world, neither Rapunzel and Mother Gothel respectively never brought up his name again for the remainder of the world after their first encounter of him which made his appearance very pointless in the world. At least with Monstropolis, Toy Box and San Fransokyo, the inhabitants do acknowledged the Organization XIII member (Young Xehanort, Vanitas, and Dark Riku) and not brush them off like it never happened, particularly the former world when Randall had a "teamup" with Vanitas.

I'm not saying Arendelle is above Corona, that's not the point, but when compared to the other KH3 Disney worlds stories I'd put Corona below The Caribbean, San Fransokyo, Olympus, Monstropolis, and Toy Box.
I actually really liked Kingdom of Corona - visually and storywise (minus the mystery of the satchel and no Mother Gothel/Stabbington Bros. fight).

I think Kingdom of Corona was well done because it felt like I was actually going through the film and at least experiencing the journey Rapunzel had from tower to kingdom. Arendelle was Snow Mountain and made-up Ice Palace to add length, oh and the exterior of Elsa's iconic palace. You don't even visit the Arendelle castle or Arendelle itself. San Fransokyo had NO memorable locations from the film except for the bridge which is not accessible to revisit and also cutscene only. Oh there is Hiro's garage. Toy Box had Andy's Room and the street, then Galaxy Toys which was completely new.

The way Kingdom of Corona was done is how I'd like other worlds to be -- for me to actually feel like I'm in the film. That is one of the allures of Kingdom Hearts. .
@Face My Fears Frankly I only enjoyed the first act of Kingdom of Corona and SDG's interactions with Rapunzel and Flynn, I didn't enjoy the 2nd and 3rd acts of the world, SDG not knowing about Mother Gothel and sticking out like a sore thumb in some instances of the world especially during the climax, Flynn bein portrayed much different in here and Marluxia's role in the world.

Agree to disagree, but frankly after seeing the cutscenes of Corona it just gives me skepticism for future Disney based worlds and have SDG were involved during the climax of Wreck-It Ralph, Moana and Zootopia but are just "there" in the background not knowing what's going on and doing their own conflict (e.g. Fighting a Giant Heartless), while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but don't acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved. Plus, the world itself raised more questions than answers, cause it sure doesn't look like Rapunzel's journey from the tower to the Kingdom was two days like in the film, I don't think that Rapunzel and Flynn EVER went to the Snuggly Duckling with the Pub Thugs and the Dam like in the movie when they separated from SDG, and I don't think that the Guards were also after Flynn as it was only Maximus that chased him which would explain his dialogue:
Flynn: "The horse was enough, I don't need monsters on my trail."

Even the scene with Sora, Donald, Goofy and their first and ONLY interaction with Mother Gothel still raised Red Flags, to be frank and If I were in their shoes or be right beside them and if Gothel gave me the cold shoulder calling me "useless of no help" I too would raise an eyebrow and think to myself you know something feels of with this woman.

Now if we were to do a world based on Moana or especially Zootopia for a future game, then I can understand why certain parts were trimmed down but we can infer what has happened off screen once SDG separated from the characters of their films (as long as they don't raise more questions and not have SDG stick out like a thumb like what happened in Kingdom of Corona), with Tangled it just make us raise more questions that make them feel forced and over the top. Plus even if you climb up and somewhat "explore" Rapunzel's tower you don't go inside the tower which is unusual cause in the film and in the cutscenes the entrance to the tower was much bigger.

Marluxia, I'm sorry but even if Marluxia thematically fit the world, neither Rapunzel and Mother Gothel respectively never brought up his name again for the remainder of the world after their first encounter of him which made his appearance very pointless in the world. At least with Monstropolis, Toy Box and San Fransokyo, the inhabitants do acknowledged the Organization XIII member (Young Xehanort, Vanitas, and Dark Riku) and not brush them off like it never happened compared to Kingdom of Corona, particularly the former world when Randall had a "teamup" with Vanitas.

I'm not saying Arendelle is above Corona or better than that world, that's not the point, but when compared to the other KH3 Disney worlds stories I feel that Kingdom of Corona was below The Caribbean, San Fransokyo, Olympus, Monstropolis, and Toy Box.

I also don't want to continue further with my frustrations on Kingdom of Corona, because I already explained it enough and why it isn't in my top 5 KH3 Disney worlds, but literally I just don't want for future Disney animated films that become worlds like Wreck-It Ralph, Moana, Zootopia and Raya and the Last Dragon to endure what Arendelle and especially Kingdom of Corona endured in KH3 by having Sora, Donald and Goofy stick out like a sore thumb and especially during the climax of the world where they are just bystanders in the background and not knowing what's going on while doing their own conflict (e.g. Fighting a Giant Heartless), while the movies characters just primarily play out like in the movie but not acknowledged SDG until after the conflict is solved, along with making the worlds feel linear, over-the-top and forced in terms of story just like Kingdom of Corona

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I still have not see Frozen 2. It's almost certain to be in KH4 whether it was good or not. I really need to watch it and daydream about all the stuff they could do in a KH world, only to have my hopes destroyed by a retelling of the movie like KH3 did in Arendelle. It still hurts me!

Still crossing my fingers for Princess and the Frog. They denied me in KH3 surely they won't do it again in KH4? Right? Right?! I need it so badly!

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I still have not see Frozen 2. It's almost certain to be in KH4 whether it was good or not. I really need to watch it and daydream about all the stuff they could do in a KH world, only to have my hopes destroyed by a retelling of the movie like KH3 did in Arendelle. It still hurts me!

Still crossing my fingers for Princess and the Frog. They denied me in KH3 surely they won't do it again in KH4? Right? Right?! I need it so badly!
You and me both Sweet, even the same can be said for Wreck-It Ralph as well I want both of them to be in the next KH game or KHIV (In Princess and the Frog's case).

SweetYetSalty

Awards
You and me both Sweet, even the same can be said for Wreck-It Ralph as well I want both of them to be in the next KH game or KHIV (In Princess and the Frog's case).
As long as it's not a retelling of the movie. I'm hoping since PatF is not a very popular or successful title (So underrated) the leash will be loosen up a bit. But maybe they see it as inferior and not want to use it at all :(

disney233

Awards
As long as it's not a retelling of the movie. I'm hoping since PatF is not a very popular or successful title (So underrated) the leash will be loosen up a bit. But maybe they see it as inferior and not want to use it at all :(
Too late...

welken

Awards
The three Disney worlds that haven't appeared yet, that I feel are musts for a future KH game, are Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and Inside Out.

Atlantis would be beautiful. A moss-covered city surrounded by endless blue, vast and full of ancient mystery. The theme of magical technology is something very relevant to KH, as is the concept of a lost paradise, and the drive to discover and explore. Corruption, and betrayal too. Kida should be the party member, Milo can tag along and hide. I think it would make for a gorgeous coliseum too if they ever wanted to place it in another Disney world besides Olympus. It would be fun to bob around on those hover fishes too, kinda like Jak II. It would also be a fantastic place to insert a little ancient keyblade lore, do a little worldbuilding, perhaps from the mouth of the king (who was voiced by Leonard Nimoy and actually looks like a bit like a cross between Yensid and Xehanort). They could follow the plot of the movie, or set it after since I'm more interested in the city itself than the Ulysses.

Treasure Planet's release was close to that of KH1, and the visual style is probably closer to it than any other Disney property. The adolescent spirit of adventure, too. They were sharing a moment in that early 21th century reach for the stars, and would fit together quite naturally. I would love to go solar surfing as Sora or Riku. I would like to see Montressor and at least solar surf over Crescentia, but if it's just sailing aboard the Legacy and going to Treasure Planet itself, I'm okay with that too. I love its swampy alien landscape. It would be a unique natureful area, and the treasure horde itself would be quite a sight. Silver would be great character to see realized in 3D. Morph too. c('-'c)o.
Also, it's another unique pirate world, which I think is a fun trend. The story could also organically be broken up into multiple chapters throughout the game, Jim progressing as you do. Faris or Balthier cameo would be kewl, or even an expanded pirate theme the game over, with gummi galleons you can walk in and upon.

Inside Out is the only modern Disney film that I feel really has to find it's way into KH. It's about feelings! And memory, and connection. And the world is both utterly unique from any other locale you're gonna find, and yet would feel oddly at home alongside KH's original worlds. The personality islands are reminiscent of KH's map worlds, being concepts condensed into a whimsical decoration. And the best reason is, it can take place entirely in the mind of one of KH's original characters, and have a plot borne from their current circumstance, which also progresses the main plot. Original personality islands. Doesn't even have to be about Sadness, in fact a focus on Fear or Anger might better fit an action game. It would be a chance to explore the realm of the mind in a KH context, which would be interesting, and perhaps even a chance for a new enemy type. They should really go for it.

Just as much as any of those, I would like expanded versions of Halloween Town, Wonderland, or Fantasia. Honestly would not mind another trip into Monstro. Besides Disney, of course I want to see the full Destiny Isles, a sprawling Traverse Town, and then someplace new, dazzling and mystical. And fully explorable.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I'd rather retell the events of the first movie instead of an original story for Ralph, frankly it makes me more curious and raises more questions about what becomes of the Wreck-It Ralph world following it's story's conclusion in Union χ and whether it would retell the events of the movie once again for the next KH game (DDD V.2 or KHIV)?

As @Sign told @Face My Fears, The Wreck-It Ralph world (Game Central Station) is not linked to the future or is some data world projection from the past or future from the Book of Prophecies, as the story events of the world are currently happening right now in Union χ according to Brain himself when he linked GCS to the data Daybreak Town.

I could see it be reminiscent to the Tron worlds (Space Paranoids/The Grid) in previous KH games where at some unknown point in time before the story events of Union χ Game Central Station (including Niceland, Hero's Duty, Sugar Rush and the inhabitants of those games) could've been copied into data and is put in either the Hollow Bastion computer in Radiant Garden or somewhere in Twilight Town (Old Mansion, Taito Arcade Building, etc.) so that Sora or anyone can visit Game Central Station and the games GCS is connected to. The idea is far-fetched, and I highly doubt it's ever going to happen when compared to Space Paranoids/The Grid, but it's something that is worth considering. I honestly can envision the Wreck-It Ralph world to appear for the next KH game (DDD 2) or KHIV, if you ask me so I can see Sora, Riku and Kairi interacting with the cast, especially Ralph and Vanellope, along with having a Boss fight against King Candy.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
The three Disney worlds that haven't appeared yet, that I feel are musts for a future KH game, are Atlantis, Treasure Planet, and Inside Out.

Atlantis would be beautiful. A moss-covered city surrounded by endless blue, vast and full of ancient mystery. The theme of magical technology is something very relevant to KH, as is the concept of a lost paradise, and the drive to discover and explore. Corruption, and betrayal too. Kida should be the party member, Milo can tag along and hide. I think it would make for a gorgeous coliseum too if they ever wanted to place it in another Disney world besides Olympus. It would be fun to bob around on those hover fishes too, kinda like Jak II. It would also be a fantastic place to insert a little ancient keyblade lore, do a little worldbuilding, perhaps from the mouth of the king (who was voiced by Leonard Nimoy and actually looks like a bit like a cross between Yensid and Xehanort). They could follow the plot of the movie, or set it after since I'm more interested in the city itself than the Ulysses.

Treasure Planet's release was close to that of KH1, and the visual style is probably closer to it than any other Disney property. The adolescent spirit of adventure, too. They were sharing a moment in that early 21th century reach for the stars, and would fit together quite naturally. I would love to go solar surfing as Sora or Riku. I would like to see Montressor and at least solar surf over Crescentia, but if it's just sailing aboard the Legacy and going to Treasure Planet itself, I'm okay with that too. I love its swampy alien landscape. It would be a unique natureful area, and the treasure horde itself would be quite a sight. Silver would be great character to see realized in 3D. Morph too. c('-'c)o.
Also, it's another unique pirate world, which I think is a fun trend. The story could also organically be broken up into multiple chapters throughout the game, Jim progressing as you do. Faris or Balthier cameo would be kewl, or even an expanded pirate theme the game over, with gummi galleons you can walk in and upon.

Inside Out is the only modern Disney film that I feel really has to find it's way into KH. It's about feelings! And memory, and connection. And the world is both utterly unique from any other locale you're gonna find, and yet would feel oddly at home alongside KH's original worlds. The personality islands are reminiscent of KH's map worlds, being concepts condensed into a whimsical decoration. And the best reason is, it can take place entirely in the mind of one of KH's original characters, and have a plot borne from their current circumstance, which also progresses the main plot. Original personality islands. Doesn't even have to be about Sadness, in fact a focus on Fear or Anger might better fit an action game. It would be a chance to explore the realm of the mind in a KH context, which would be interesting, and perhaps even a chance for a new enemy type. They should really go for it.

Just as much as any of those, I would like expanded versions of Halloween Town, Wonderland, or Fantasia. Honestly would not mind another trip into Monstro. Besides Disney, of course I want to see the full Destiny Isles, a sprawling Traverse Town, and then someplace new, dazzling and mystical. And fully explorable.
Nice listing for the worlds you want especially on Inside Out and Treasure Planet, in fact I made a post a while back regarding Inside Out and you're not alone on wanting this film to appear in KH. As you said it yourself the film focus on emotions, memories and dreams which could be a useful plot device for the next KH game. While it is unlikely we will be going inside Riley's mind, we can still have Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Fear and Anger reside in either Sora, Kairi, Subject X or Naminé's mind and have Sora, Riku and/or Kairi interact with the emotions and do an original story from here cause at the end of the film we got so many different emotions residing in the minds of the other characters besides Riley and her Parents.

Secondly, you also have the Personality islands featured in the film that make up someone's personality and as a nod to the original movie, the islands can still feature the same ones (Goofball Island, Friendship Island, etc.) but with new original Islands created specifically for Sora, Kairi, Naminé and/or Subject X.
inside-out-disneyscreencaps.com-9966.jpg

So Inside Out does scream potential for the next Kingdom Hearts game and having it centered on Fear and Anger could be an interesting approach.

I'm not sure about returning to Halloween Town, if I'm going to be honest as literally we explored the majority of the film's locations and their isn't any story left for this world. Honestly, the majority want the world back just to see how it would look like in the Unreal Engine 4.

Last edited:
Back