• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who Remember kingdom hearts 1 was just game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Odwen

Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
Who Remeber Kingdom hearts 1 was just a game and didn't think they will make another one all this back story. Now look at it we have entire history of kingdom hearts

okhi12

Awards
Only before finishing the game, because the ending clearly hinted a sequel.
What I really wouldn't have thought after KH2 was that so many games would be released before KH3 and all the 'retcons' and continuity backtracking.
I miss the old times when KH was simpler and cleaner and better written. I still like it anyway.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
To think back to when I first played Kingdom Hearts...How much I loved that game, and the story and interactions with Disney Characters. Then thinking about that secret ending. How many of us expected that the continuation would be based off of "Deep Dive City" instead of that part where the friends ran down the road. Why were Sora and Riku fighting? Why did Sora say "where's Sora?" What's with those bigger looking shadow heartless?

Then we got CoM and all that added was more questions. We did get to see that the game continued from the actual ending, but what about all the special scene stuff?

A much simpler time to be sure.

disney233

Awards
KH1 went all out on integrating both Disney & Final Fantasy to the plot, and it was an awesome thing to save Mickey for last, it kinda felt...impactful, I guess. Even then, it didn't feel like there would be closure. KH2 felt like there was closer...up until the end, but...still kinda felt like closure.

KH1, COM, Days, 2, those were a simpler time with a simpler cast....but everything changed when the Xehanort Nation attacked.

Odwen

Awards
Website
www.twitch.tv
Yeah my ex GF she dead she the want that got me into kingdom hearts 1 her name was Kory so each time i see Kari it remine me of her in some way don't know why. and yes i though kh1 would be like any other game i didn't expcert entire timeline of it. it just to show you how popultor the game is

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
It's still the most special KH to me and the only one that has a fairy tale vibe to it.

I love the balance between Disney and Final Fantasy, how the story unfolds with Disney Villains conspiring with each other and not everything revolving around Xehanort. Bonus points for having my favourite portrayal of Sora's character.

OrionGold

Awards
It's still the most special KH to me and the only one that has a fairy tale vibe to it.

I love the balance between Disney and Final Fantasy, how the story unfolds with Disney Villains conspiring with each other and not everything revolving around Xehanort. Bonus points for having my favourite portrayal of Sora's character.
With that said, I agree that the portrayal of Sora is at it's best in the very first game. He doesn't seem to be a dumb teenager, he just questions stuff he gets confused over. He's shown to be a nice kid, but he also has his limits, especially during his fallout with Donald during Deep Jungle. Sora is also shown to be a bit melancholic. In shorter words, Sora felt like an actual kid.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
With that said, I agree that the portrayal of Sora is at it's best in the very first game. He doesn't seem to be a dumb teenager, he just questions stuff he gets confused over. He's shown to be a nice kid, but he also has his limits, especially during his fallout with Donald during Deep Jungle. Sora is also shown to be a bit melancholic. In shorter words, Sora felt like an actual kid.

One of my favourite parts is Hollow Bastion scenario. It's just magnificent from the beginning to end. For a moment Sora had lost everything. His best friend Riku took the keyblade, Donald and Goofy left him behind, Kairi was still missing and his home still gone.

He feels down which is perfectly normal, but after Beast asks him why he came he quickly remembers the reason, picks up his wooden sword and moves forward. His resolve is strong enough to get Donald and Goofy back to his side and make Riku doubt himself, getting back the keyblade too. In that moment Riku already had lost before the fight begun.

There was no need for overdramatic stuff like his behaviour in KH3 when all his friends disappear in the beginning of Keyblade War, even though he was younger and everything was new to him.

Guernsey

Awards
I remember how KH1 had organization Disney villains and how they were destroying the worlds around them. I don't hate the Organization XIII but the way villains were involved in the first game really sold me on how the universe was in danger from villains who wanted Kingdom Hearts.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
You mean when Ansem had the correct VA? Of course I remember. I modeled my voice after Ansem.

Neo_

Awards
I always knew they would make a sequel and that the series would be popular; to me, it's a no-brainer. We saw a repeat of this three years ago with Mario/Rabbids where everyone cried how they hated the Rabbids and it would be bad but ended up being a cult hit. Equally as weird a concept as KH with Mario characters wielding guns in a cover-based shooter, crossing over with an unlikely partner.

But yes, I do remember when Kingdom Hearts was an amazing self-contained game before it turned into soulless nonsense. That's not to say I didn't play KH3, was in awe of it and skipped most of the cutscenes. 😂 To piggyback off Sakuraba, KH1 feels like a different series than every other game... it's so much better: go to Traverse Town, sit under the night sky, listen to that music, soak in the immersion and tell me any of the other games in the series come close to that (maybe KH2... idk). It's not the nostalgia talking.

Grey Skies

Awards
To this day the original is overall my favorite. Some others come close to it in a few ways like CoM or Days, but I've always found KH1 is the most cohesive, coherent, and well-rounded KH experience. I especially like the level design and the incorporation of exploration, platforming, and puzzle-solving. I've never since played a KH game with such good level design. I also really appreciate the combat. It's slow for a KH game, but I find that makes every offensive and defensive action more impactful and intense. The setting and story are certainly great too, but that's been elaborated on enough here.

PStuder12321

Only before finishing the game, because the ending clearly hinted a sequel.
What I really wouldn't have thought after KH2 was that so many games would be released before KH3 and all the 'retcons' and continuity backtracking.
I miss the old times when KH was simpler and cleaner and better written. I still like it anyway.

Personally I like how big and complex the story got. made it so fun to paly the games over and over again and piece everything together. :D Now I am in a rush for KH4 though as I am once again finding myself very desperate to fullfill my childhood dream of reuniting Kairi, Sora, and Riku so they can be together forever. (rip KH3 horrible end.) Hoping that gets fixed quickly :D That aside though I actually loved having so much story to piece together and explore and learn.

okhi12

Awards
Personally I like how big and complex the story got. made it so fun to paly the games over and over again and piece everything together. :D Now I am in a rush for KH4 though as I am once again finding myself very desperate to fullfill my childhood dream of reuniting Kairi, Sora, and Riku so they can be together forever. (rip KH3 horrible end.) Hoping that gets fixed quickly :D That aside though I actually loved having so much story to piece together and explore and learn.
Yep, I like it's current complexity too, I just wish the story would be exposed in a better -or simpler- way. I have to keep track of Union X, soon Dark Road, interviews, some details from the novels and of course the 'true' games. By true I mean non-mobile.
The series is spread across different systems or media and sometimes it's difficult for me to be up to date.
Should the series stick to console games only, it would be easier and much more rewarding to follow.

PStuder12321

Yep, I like it's current complexity too, I just wish the story would be exposed in a better -or simpler- way. I have to keep track of Union X, soon Dark Road, interviews, some details from the novels and of course the 'true' games. By true I mean non-mobile.
The series is spread across different systems or media and sometimes it's difficult for me to be up to date.
Should the series stick to console games only, it would be easier and much more rewarding to follow.

Yeah I will give you that one, I have played all games including mobile and I do agree it probably would just be best to stick to console games. I think the fans overall would just prefer them to focus their time and effort into getting us out the console games faster as well. 10 Years is quite the wait. I'm just hoping they have KH4 out within 2ish years. (would say 1 but they mentioned releasing a game before it. it's been a year already and a year to a year and a half is the average normal rate to pump out a game.)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
A beast unlike any other, even the commercials were amazing.

You never know who you'll run into next...

That commercial still sends shivers up my spine, and the fact that Mark Hamill narrated it makes it even sweeter.

Back